[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

Thanks a lot bud. I really appreciate it. The thing i'm most worried about is that I don't want to do worse than I know I'm capable of. Several people have involuntarily complimented my Mina on LIVE. Some have even said "best mina they've ever seen" (their words not mine). I disagree with these people greatly. A fellow from this site was interested in fighting my mina on LIVE. He said it was "pretty good" and way different than most mina players. He also said he can't really judge from online. So I thought I'd try my luck in offline play. I just get nervous and mess up at these social tournaments sometimes. I'll usually do something dumb like me just getting a brain freeze, or my finger will slip and the wrong move will come out at a critical moment. I'll just have to re-adjust for offline play. I'd like SC4 to be my first "serious" fighting game. I would like to improve my mina game as much as possible.

But it sound like a lot of fun and I'll definitely be back for more. I found out I have work at 5:00 PM on Saturday. I'll stop by early and try to play some of the people there (you in particular). You'll be there for most of the day, right? I've always been interested in joining a competitive SC tournament, but never knew how to go about it. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I'll look out for you on Saturday.

And as for me playing you on LIVE, I think I DO remember playing. I do have a red/white and blue/white mina on her 1P outfit. And I do remember fighting a red/black mina. I remember because I liked the colors. I also remember it being a really good fight. What was you GT again?

My gamertag was same as here, InsaneKhent. So if I remember correctly, you actually put some her to good use and didn't mindlessly mash stuff. Haha, you have no idea how much I used to hate running into other Mi-na players and lose to them. I laugh to myself everytime I think about it.

Well, it sucks you can't hang around too long on Saturday. We'll talk and get games in, and maybe we can get you to come to the other singles tournament on Sunday at Jaxel's, if you're not working then either.

I should point out I have nothing to cook tonight so we will either feast upon the loser tonight or order takeout

good evening east coast scum..... I would like for you guys to come out to tit 8 in june, If not for more than to fill the roster with random scrubs to beat on, but if you dissagree with what I wrote, come win the money, prove me wrong, lol :D Hey man, forreal, hit up the tourny center, look at tit8 and I will help out anyone that is thinking about comming with cheap rooms, pick ups from the hotel, etc... talk to me,

JUNE 13th.... Dallas tx...

The end is near....

Done. I'm there. I shouldn't have a problem with that date. And I am a scrub...

I was decent back then. I'd like to think my game has improved since then.

But, I don't think you'd have to worry about having me come back in the future. I know I'll enjoy myself when I come down there and will look forward to the next venue. I probably won't want to leave and go to work. But I'd definitely be down to go to Jaxel's and play down there.

Last question, what's a good time to come down there? 1:00-2:00 is okay?

GAH! i remembered one last question. i'm guessing that this will be played on PS3. do i have to bring my own controller? i only have a PS2 controller.

Sbn4 - Yeah. Just show up around 1PM. And there will be plenty of PS3 remotes around for you to use. There also may be a few xbox stations for casuals so bring a remote for that, too.

Once again, thank you for answering all my questions.

Now the only problem is finding Gamer's Edge in the woodbridge mall. i haven't been in woodbridge mall in a long time, and i remember it being a really big mall.

Just ask a mall cop or look for a map in the mall. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

ding ding ding ding ding ding

*Attention Ed --- Earth to Ed*

I have several friends who have asked to come and watch the tournament but I don't know how many I can take because I don't know how much room I'll have in my car! I must have confirmation that you will be coming and be ready for an 11:30AM pick up. If I don't hear from you by tonight I will have to assume that you are not coming to the tournament. Please respond!

I was actually about to post before you wrote that. My login timed out as I was writing this message.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna drop out. I think someone more committed should take my spot in team tournies. I would have loved this chance months ago, but I just really don't care about SC4 anymore. I especially can't bring myself to go through an hour-and-a-half trip fairly early on a Saturday and then trekking back another hour+ late at night in this brutal cold on a train system I'm not familiar with.

I'll try to come to a couple of more sessions for fun and to give you all more practice till SF4. Maybe if Jaxel's tourney next month happens in more convenient circumstances, I'll be there. Cause I do want to finally play the SC community. I do owe myself at least 1 tourney for how much time I did put into SC4.

Actually, I kinda always wanted to try to run a tourney in this area. There's a good size building I could possibly rent out for the day. I'll look into it. If I do this, it'll be like
.* (that was with a little room. Now I'd have larger roooms.) Multiple games, with SC4 as a major attraction of course. SF4 would probably be the main focus though. Well, I'll let you know what's up.

*If you're bored and curious, go to the Shoryuken.com forums and search for "Castle Golf" and "Castle Fight Night" to see the events I used to put together. There were a couple of events I ran before I changed the name to "Castle Fight Night", and after that name change I went on to do up till Castle Fight Night #4 before leaving Long Island and passing the torch. It's the one thing I miss about leaving Long Island, and I've been itching over the past year+ to get back into running multi-game events.

Some very special guests.

three-stooges.jpg

hmmm.... well...

they look like they've never had there pictures taken before, but who knows? maybe they're actually cool people in person.

hey khent, i meant to ask you this yesterday. but where were you yesterday man? i came by about 1:00 because i thought we'd meet early and get some mina mirrors in. you showed up around the time i had to leave. did you hit traffic or something? i was a little disappointed we weren't able to get any fights in. I was also disappointed that the HD TV i was playing casuals on had lag on it.

but in any case, how'd you do yesterday?

Yeah, sorry about that. I ended up having difficulty sleeping the other night and woke up very late yesterday, so I didn't come around until later. I actually got there around 2:15 and some people said that you were looking for me, but somehow no one could point you out. It's no big deal, man. We'll start with some online matches on Live during this week as soon as I get all my stuff set up. I'll send you the friends request.

We'll be having a session at Sporko's apartment in Bensalem this next Saturday and you are welcome to attend. Let us know if you want to come and we'll give you an address.

I went 0-2 in the tournament which is my usual performance. I ended up on a really good team in the Team Tournament though and I believe we placed 4th.

Hi all I live in North East Philly

Welcome. We session at Sporko's apartment in Bensalem which has gotta be only 10 minutes driving distance from Philly. We usually do it every single Saturday during the afternoon unless there is a tournament happening that day. If you'd like to join us, let us know and we'll send you an address.

Your screename looks vaguely familiar to me........have we met?

Back