Pirate Matchups

Offline, does Cervy aB shut down Raph? I'm seriously getting increasingly frustrated with THAT ONE move -_-....I KNOW IT'S UNSAFE, Smart Cerv's (Nori/Tan/Xeph) don't bust it out on neutral.....

What about 3B? 3B, gun, iGDR, 8_2B is 65+ w/wakes. iGDR punishes A LOT of blocked moves. aB is one of the best moves in the game. 66B to Wall is 100+ (or it Rings Out). WS A as a you said punishes great also (blocked lows).

Sorry, I strongly disagree w/Malek that Cervantes is not one of the best punishers.

When someone opens them selves up for i15 take it. If not, stay calm and dont have an itchy trigger finger. i just said I think he knows what hes talking about, his opinion is his, mine is mine, and yours is yours. My personal opinion is that the Damage is high if yo can place the attack on your oppenent.

3B wakes are fun :). I find A+B and 44B to be more consistant personally. Im only taking in terms of punishment only, Cervy's Damage is probably the highest pound for pound damage in the game. You have to hit them though and sometimes, it just wont happen.

Ya but he also has a really good grab game if you can pull of the iCG from anywere and some of his moves dont matter if the hit or not. For example ive been finding myself doing this thing i noticed doc does which is when you opponent is on the ground 8A+B:B+K which if they roll under it your at advantage on whiff and if they block it it's fine for setups and on hit you left at +15. Also alot of the times when you do land a combo his wakeup is almost garenteed cause most people dont want to block low against him or be put in the 3B/1K mixup.

Malek plays Ivy, so I think he's biased, cause she doesn't really give Cervantes a lot of opportunities to land big damage on her. You can play Ivy w/range and moderate safety and Cervantes has to just take what's there. Hard to rush her down too and even harder to turtle against her

Malek plays Ivy, so I think he's biased, cause she doesn't really give Cervantes a lot of opportunities to land big damage on her. You can play Ivy w/range and moderate safety and Cervantes has to just take what's there. Hard to rush her down too and even harder to turtle against her

totally agree.

After some Ivy experience I still think Ivy has an edge over Cervantes so IMO I think itz 6:4 Ivy.

My reasons:

-Ivy does indeed have a good SG game and I've gotten to a point where I can do FC A+B GC including iFC A+B at least 60-70% consistency. However, the problem is iFC A+B is still slow and the Ivy player can possibly interrupt.

-Ivy has 7_8_9B itz risky but hell fast and covers range better than the old man could and not only does Cervy lacks good range, he has more risks than her.

-Ivy has a good ground game. Play dead, she'll stomp on his nuts; wakeup, she could either go for SG damage, trip him and stomp his nuts again, or cmd grab him.

Back