Plea For Community Unification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe that our old Polish SC forum in in the first 5 results after typing either "Soul calibur" or" Soul calibur forum" in google. And we don't even use it anymore.

Maybe I could try and redirect that domain to 8WR, but I would have to ask other Polish players first as I don't have the access to it.

ah the fond memories... oh wait fuck that.

I think people remember the SC2 days fondly because of individual experiences, people met in person and good times at tournaments, because the community overall was always shitastic. The forums were run like hell, the Chicago regime even when Jarney ran it was always elitist and EXCLUSIONIST when it came to giving out information on the game or trying to coordinate a community effort.
We tried to make a change, but the powers that were still clung to the old ways, and made waves during any attempt to change things for the better. Ugh even national planning was a drama-filled nightmare, where it didn't need to be. Glad to be rid of it.

I do wonder though, how many calibur players still actively play, yet don't come here? The numbers can't be high. However I do believe we should make every effort to have this be the #1 search result for soulcalibur forums before SC5 or any SC announcements are made, and interest starts to rise again.

cha cha

I can say this: I was reading www.caliburforum.com for years and I always loathed that site exactly becasue of the "elitist and EXCLUSIONIST" policy that its "regime" had. This site is way better. If only it had a black skin but I guess that'll come in the future, will it not?

www.caliburforum.com, die with dignity.

I still can't believe that our old Polish SC forum in in the first 5 results after typing either "Soul calibur" or" Soul calibur forum" in google. And we don't even use it anymore.

Maybe I could try and redirect that domain to 8WR, but I would have to ask other Polish players first as I don't have the access to it.

Seems Google is biased based on your location, because there are no polish sites anywhere when I search.

Yeah, apparently it does change results based on the location. Oh well, we might as well just use this as an opportunity to resurrect our scene when SC5 comes out, the fact that our site places higher in google than Namco's official SC website will only guarantee many visits.

Everyone who posts there should just put this in their sig:

sigpic11582_1.gif

thanks to everybody for their support in this task. to everyone asking, what we desire isn't to get to google number one. there are simply too many years and users in the history of that site to overtake it. what we wish for is that by typing www.caliburforum.com in your bar, it will direct you here.

X_A is making a decision over the next couple days. any of you OG players who may be able to catch his ear, please help out more by voicing your opinion on the matter in the thread over there: http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1271707

thanks again!

Heyas. Whoahs site has changed quite a bit since I have last been here. XA is working up on giving you an answer by tomorrow. I'll post up here when its up.
Thanks,
Philip

Alot has changed since this site first started. Have XA take his time. We just want what's best for the entire community.

And I really appreciate you coming on here and posting.

Lobo/Malice- Can you please make an announcement thread/post somewhere that is more visible to your community. Or just let me know if you want me to do it. No biggie either way.
-Philip

Well, nothing is more beautiful than working towards the same goal together.
In manly tears of joy, I humbly support this and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back