Poll: 17 years in the future or current timeline?

Would you prefer the series to go forward 17 years? Or continue with current timeline?

• 17 years forward. Most characters replaced or removed.

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Current timeline. Most or all characters returning.

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
I'm neutral. It's a fighting game, I ain't going to sweat stuff like this. Plus Siegfried is still around, so my character remains intact.

Change is good!

This is a bad thing.

While the series does need a fresh set of new characters, 17 years is such an awkward number. Why not just do a real skip forward? 77 years instead of 17, then we can see a whole new generation of characters. Unless they do time travel then this will be an ugly mix of characters. SoulCalibur is revered for its BEAUTIFUL WOMEN...but now I have to know that they're old and shit. WTF.

Nice knowing you girls...

Soul_Calibur_grils_of_summer.jpg

to me personally as I did not like the jump of 17 years would have agreed on a jump as much as 10 years because some characters in the series will be no longer or perhaps only in versus mode. what is your opinion of break time and as they believe it affects the characters
A bonus would be seeing an older Talim and Amy

That's true just be glad we are finally gonna get a new game.
35 Year Old Yun with a beard plz.

dont worry, im pretty damn sure the new character will be the son/daughter of yun and mina ^^ and I wonder wat fighting style they give him/her... and i hope they change the tier cus low tier+bottom tier= fail :p

I don't mind it at all. It's about time we got a new cast. I mean, I'm all for keeping some of the original characters, (They're already keeping Siegfried, I can definitely see Mitsurugi continuing to fight after all these years, and the younger characters like Talim, Amy, and Yun should definitely stay, but older and more experienced.) but it's nice to see something new. I'm actually excited to see who the other new characters are.

A time skip of this size gives the franchise a much needed makeover. And look at Siegfried, he turned out just fine! I'm really excited to see where they're going with this. Possibilities people, POSSIBILITIES.

dont worry, im pretty damn sure the new character will be the son/daughter of yun and mina ^^ and I wonder wat fighting style they give him/her... and i hope they change the tier cus low tier+bottom tier= fail :p

You do realize that not Yun has never been been anywhere near insinuated as a love interest for Mina but Hwang is infinitely cooler than Yun will ever be?

But, then again, maybe it's because homosexual pirates just aren't my thing.

Tira is definately returning...Daishi designed her in SCIII. So Im sure he'll return his designs.

If mojarity cast doesnt return, my guess is dat der movesets will b available.thru custom character creation.

Another thing to notice (if u havent already). Der is gameplay on da new site, (Top Left.video) but we have to unlock it.

Back