Poll: 17 years in the future or current timeline?

Would you prefer the series to go forward 17 years? Or continue with current timeline?

• 17 years forward. Most characters replaced or removed.

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Current timeline. Most or all characters returning.

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
I was worried about Ivy at first but there really should be enough plot devices to keep her in and good looking (Soul Edge-tainted blood + alchemy). Guess it all depends on the devs. They'll definitely keep her weapon and style, regardless, but it just wouldn't be the same without Ivy.

I find it bad .. too many years to see sestuka aged in this way.
loses its beauty to me then we'll see

The Setsuka Lover

to me personally as I did not like the jump of 17 years would have agreed on a jump as much as 10 years because some characters in the series will be no longer or perhaps only in versus mode. what is your opinion of break time and as they believe it affects the characters
Only in versus is a good idea. perhaps skin swamps for younger versions.

If Taki dont return, i picking her replacement asap.
Well taki did have some soul edge fragments and in souls calibur3 pieces enhanced abilities. Soo perhaps taki can get some energy from her weapons pieces. Perhaps a special move that gives her a boost like cervantes and she had in each game. Or maybe she could get addicted to the power. taki fans are gonna need to represent at the new website.

Talim's fighting style, will be very different considering her age. She won't be nearly as sprightly and it would be interesting to see her as a mature, wise priestess of the wind.

Well I'll let this game fly for now.

After the release of the game and playing for a while (mid-year), we could petition to Daishi's Twitter or Facebook to have missing characters return as bonus characters through DLC along with a balance patch.

Even though I play a lot of characters that would likely be replaced by the time jump (Soph, Setsuka), the easiest way to still include them in the game is to give their new replacements an additional alternative "costume." So if Patrocles is the heir apparent for Soph, or Pyrrha for Cass, Patrocles should have a 3rd alternate costume that's essentially Sophitia 17 years younger. This would only be made available in versus mode as fan service, and not included in story mode.

Only problem then would be the fact that Sophitia might be replaced by a male character, and obviously certain moves will be different (maybe even reach if Namco gets sexist/realistic). I certainly don't want to see Sophie's vagina vice throw given to Patrocles.

Talim's fighting style, will be very different considering her age. She won't be nearly as sprightly and it would be interesting to see her as a mature, wise priestess of the wind.
I don't know about that. I've seem some very, er, sprightly 32+ year-olds.
My grandmother could do back flips and cartwheels.

I don't know about that. I've seem some very, er, sprightly 32+ year-olds.
My grandmother could do back flips and cartwheels.

Wow, your grandmother sounds inspiring :) I think though that at 32 talim would be a fully fledged wind priestess (or perhaps she might've gone down a different darker path), and therefore more mature and this might be reflected in her fighting style slightly, not too much though hopefully.

one thing for sure though, the new SC WILL NOT have old characters, they can't do that because that would be stupid and ridiculous, especially with the ladies, I mean like someone said before it's all about the bitches BUT unless Namco wants to lose audience and money, they can't make ANY character an old fart, the only thing they can do is make em look more mature, or grown up, or even just a different look in general, so in other words they'll be like "fuck reality, this is a video game you fucktards" and bring a total new cast along with some of the old ones more improved. The fact that Sophitia was fucked in the ass and has now a son and daughter and a few extra years doesn't mean she can't TAS your ass to death anymore.

i really think it's horrible how this thread is bubbling with sexism. i do understand that SC is a series with lots of jiggling boobs and leather outfits etc. and everyone's used to it and likes to let Ivy jump up and down in training mode a few hundred times. but that will not change in SCV because 30 or 40 is really not that aged. lara croft is supposed to have been born in 1968! so SC ladies over 40 can still be legit video game characters while not scaring off players. thanks to video game realism.

like i said earlier, bamco will probably not pay for half a roster of completely new characters and movesets.

i really think it's horrible how this thread is bubbling with sexism. i do understand that SC is a series with lots of jiggling boobs and leather outfits etc. and everyone's used to it and likes to let Ivy jump up and down in training mode a few hundred times. but that will not change in SCV because 30 or 40 is really not that aged. lara croft is supposed to have been born in 1968! so SC ladies over 40 can still be legit video game characters while not scaring off players. thanks to video game realism.

like i said earlier, bamco will probably not pay for half a roster of completely new characters and movesets.

I think in general its less about 'like' and more about 'how do you think namco is gonna do it?' All respect to them, but I'd put money down that namco is gonna take the straight sexist route. Movesets are easy to copy/clean up (in fact wasn't that one of the stated reasons for the jump?)

animators/motion capturing/story writers/character designers...that's a lot of money per new character...and it takes time.

Back