Poll:tiras weaknesses and what you would like improved for SCV

What do you think tiras weakness were,and/or what would you like improved for SCV?

• Total voters
I thought of several ways that could allow Tira to automaticly switch into GS. That could make her more reliable.

44[k] on hit, still with the extra self damage. (or 4[k] now since the imput has changed)
aGI A+K
[A+K]

What do you guys think ?

I thought of several ways that could allow Tira to automaticly switch into GS. That could make her more reliable.

44[k] on hit, still with the extra self damage. (or 4[k] now since the imput has changed)
aGI A+K
[A+K]

What do you guys think ?

yeah i agree i think if A+K Gi's and if you hold A+K in all the way it should be a guaranteed change
maybe if you hold K in on 44K it would be a bit much though maybe if you use a bit of meter like a BE?

one things for sure though if you do change moods via 44K (4K) it should not give you a headache,since youve got lucky with the randomness and shes changed moods the headache shoudnt ruin your well gained combo chance

also i think if you stun the opponent by catching them with it while they are on the floor should not get headache,its tricky but if can be done with practice,its just hard online,you shoudnt have your combo ruined when you should be rewarded for it,it would only result in 22_88B after anyway,stop been so harsh on tira!

and A+K should not give headache if you use it in a air combo like if you use JS 1bK or GS 2A+B CH then headbutt it shoudnt mess up your combo,atleast for if you do it in a jolly side air combo,since you wont really do it in gloomy because of better options
or if you use 11K facing away B+K,B against a wall and do A+K from the launch it gives you,her getting headache when you should be rewarded is not right

I think her damage is fine.
I feel the randomness should be dum down some.
I think she needs some of her old stances from SC3 to return for better mix-ups.
If that is done, then I MAY pick her up. Lol. B)

the only problem i really saw with her damage,though it is quite low im fine with it
is that in GS when you would do a air combo
lets say 88B or 2A+B on CH followed by 22_88A,44444Kx2 and 66666B the damage you were doing to the enemy was about equal the damage you were doing to yourself! i mean thats just crazy
which means,you do too much damage to yourself on 66B JF and her damage really seems to shave down from the air combos or anything with the 66B in after another hit before it really, in GS so that your doing just as much damge to yourself
that needs sorting

the only problem i really saw with her damage,though it is quite low im fine with it
is that in GS when you would do a air combo
lets say 22B or 2A+B on CH followed by 22_88A,44444Kx2 and 66666B the damage you were doing to the enemy was about equal the damage you were doing to yourself! i mean thats just crazy
which means,you do too much damage to yourself on 66B JF and her damage really seems to shave down from the air combos or anything with the 66B in after another hit before it really, in GS so that your doing just as much damge to yourself
that needs sorting

I agree strongly to this. This is a real problem for Tira.
I think self damage should consider damage reduction with combos.

For example, in GS you do the following combo (sc4 imputs)

88B~wall~3kA~11K~B+K.B if you follow up with ~44444Kx2 66666B the damage done to yourself is higher than the damage done to your opponent.
Even if you follow up with ~A+K~22B~66666B the self damage will be higher.
Because of that I dont do these because I know its gonna damage me more. So I use a less powerfull finish which causes the combo to do less damage.

idk if this was mentioned already, but in this video it's clearly visible that Tira doesn't have any stuns atm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuiAFOpsM1k mainly visible with 6K, doesn't stun anymore and it was a very useful move... 44A in gloomy is now a guard break, pretty pointless considering the fact that this usually hits the opponent's side or back (in my experience anyway...).

SCIV was the first time they gave her Mood Swings. They werent stable (sometimes). Mostly she was a good person but she may need more moves and needs alot of corrections to make her really good, great, or a better character compared to different returning characters.

IZZY=)

i really dislike the fact that tira falls short on so many things. in GS she isn't nearly as strong as other characters with the same speed and her range is just hysterical, shorter than talim's at times. not to mention losing health with "stronger" attacks. how does this compare to astaroth swinging around the whole arena with his axe, just being quite slow and not losing anything lol -_- in JS her range is bigger but that's the only thing that's better, really. the damage is decreased and the speed doesn't really make a difference...

well thats pretty true suuusuuu i think almost all of us hate that tira falls short on so many things,the only hing listed on here that doesnt really need sorting is her having too many highs,because its not that bad,and her damage too but thats just my opinion,it is lacking though

her JS is safer but it doesnt mean its safe or neccesarily quick either,and like weve been discussing in GS to use her good combos that she has in GS its in reality stupid because 66666B does more damage to you in combos than it does to the enemy!

i also dont like astaroth i didnt like him in SC4 because he was so cheap and seemed overpowered through spamming,but now in SCV he seems even worse and does seem overpowered,thats just what i think if anyone likes him who reads this dont go crazy on me!

idk if this was mentioned already, but in this video it's clearly visible that Tira doesn't have any stuns atm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuiAFOpsM1k mainly visible with 6K, doesn't stun anymore and it was a very useful move... 44A in gloomy is now a guard break, pretty pointless considering the fact that this usually hits the opponent's side or back (in my experience anyway...).
I totally agree with you on this post and they also nerfed her low spinning kick too = )

i dont get why they are even nerfing any of tiras moves really,i dont see what was OP with any of them,none are excatly outstanding,some SC3 moves were and they should come back,they had there problems but they were good stuff!

but nerfing out her 6K stun is irritating me,when weve clearly said her JS needs more stuns and its obvious it does,it like there just doing it to piss us off,theres not much point of 6K if it stays like that now
things like that really make me question how much they actually think about nerfs and buffs
there are examples i can use for ivy too but id rather not in this thread that show they really dont know how to nerf/buff certain moves

why do I get the feeling that those requesting a garuenteed change are people who feel gloomy is stronger than jolly. If something sucks, either make it better, or remove it, dont just try and avoid it...

why do I get the feeling that those requesting a garuenteed change are people who feel gloomy is stronger than jolly. If something sucks, either make it better, or remove it, dont just try and avoid it...
If JS doesn't get buffed then I think only a guaranteed change can prevent her from being low tier.
I agree with you and I believe that giving her a stronger jolly is better. But I definitly don't want Tira to be low tier anymore. I don't want that. She is like my last hope in SC5 if Liz doesnt make it to the game.

then WHY is there less votes in the jolly needs to be better column? Seriously guys, avoiding an entire movelist is pathetic.

The majority of the other columns are more or less refering to JS, the not enough usefull moves and the not enough combo opportunities same thing for the frame issue.
I doubt Tira would have any problem if she was constantly in GS.

considering that JS and GS are meant to be opposites, I would like for JS to be faster, not making more damage. in sc4 JS is weaker but the difference in speed between it and GS is hardly visible and usable... basically, a significant increase in speed in JS and more damage in GS is needed imho. the other thing is, most of Tira's attack animations look very aggresive and brutal and the damage doesn't reflect this at all... i don't wanna feel like i'm scraping of epidermis from my opponent or shaving their hair xD when my character is slicing their neck or stomach fiercely, c'mon that's just silly.

giving her a guaranteed move change woudnt be avoiding a whole movelist,if you were then youre not playing her right
but her been so difficult to get to GS sometimes and then difficult to actually stay in it too,it either needs to be balanced so you can stay in it longer or just having a guaranteed change with A+K all the way or some other way

plus jolly does need buffing too,it is safer but it doesnt have enough useful moves really its poking around quite a bit,throwing using bb etc which would be ok i guess if jolly was actually safe,which it isnt its still unsafe quite considerably and gloomy is unsafe as hell
but gloomy has diffferent uses

and in answer to your question even though it wasnt aimed at me but i dont know to be honest its probably because people preffered to her to just have more usefull moves in generall

but when you think about it,its probably because a lot of the colums are aimed at jolly anyway-better combos,JS better frames JS so it is actually good at doing its job and GS a bit too so shes not at ridiculous advantage,
not having enough useful moves-pretty much JS

I agree. If its crap take it out or change it up. Maybe gloomy is the best when it comes to combos and moves.

i dont get why they are even nerfing any of tiras moves really,i dont see what was OP with any of them,none are excatly outstanding,some SC3 moves were and they should come back,they had there problems but they were good stuff!

but nerfing out her 6K stun is irritating me,when weve clearly said her JS needs more stuns and its obvious it does,it like there just doing it to piss us off,theres not much point of 6K if it stays like that now
things like that really make me question how much they actually think about nerfs and buffs
there are examples i can use for ivy too but id rather not in this thread that show they really dont know how to nerf/buff certain moves
I agree with you too. I miss how :4::+::K: use to stun likle it did SC3. In SC3 Tira had 7 stun attacks that could be started into a stun combo. All of these stun combos were very useful, dependable and did great amounts of damage to the opponent. These are also stun combos that cannot be shaken out of if the opponent tried to use stun recovery to get back in a guarding position. They were:

1. :4::+::K:: Stun on counter hit and perfect for following up with :2::A::+::B: and rise with :B:. This combo took out half the opponents health.

2. :A::+::B: after pressing :1::1::+::B: or :(1)::+::B:: This would not only repell high and mid attacks but also stun the opponent allowing Tira to do a stun combo for a lot of damage.

3. :A: after pressing :4::4::+::(B): or :(4)::+::(B):: This move would also stun the opponent and can be followed up for stun combos.

4. :6::A::+::K:: Tira would spin the ringblade horizontally with her hand in front of herself and stun the opponent. Excellent for following up with :1::1::+::K: follow by :6::B: and :1::+::K: while the opponent was still on the ground.

5. :A::+::K:: This is a two hit attack that could also stun the opponent. Great for following up with :1::1::+::K: follow by :6::B: and :1::+::K: while the opponent was still on the ground.

6. :1::1::+::K: or :(1)::+::K:: This kick also put the opponent in a stun state accept in a down state aswell. Great for following up with :6::B: and :1::+::K:.

7. :6::6::B::+::K: or :(6)::B::+::K:: The second hit from this move would stun the opponent on counter hit. Great for following up with :1::1::+::K: follow by :6::B: and :1::+::K:.

In SC4 Tira has only five stun combos. Three of them are useless and only one of them serve a purpose. The useless ones where:

:4::4::+::B: or :(4)::+::B:: Nobody really uses this move because it is to easy to avoid by stepping back or guarding against it. This move don't really impact :H: high or :M: mid attacks like it used to in SC3. If you guard impact some one with this move in SC4 online or offline, I will litterly treat you out to dinner.

:4::A::+::B:: It's rare when you or anyone else use this move because, it can be guarded against pretty easily or it can be side stepped easily. This attack also leaves Tira right open to getting counter attacked aswell. This attack can easily be stopped.

:4::4::+::K: or :(4)::+::K:: This move stuns the opponent but there is a problem........ She stuns her self too.

The only good stun attacks she had in SC4 were

:K: while rising in gloomy: This move would stun the opponent on counter hit. Good for following up with
:3::+::B: follow by :1::1::+::B: and then :B::+::K: and :B:. I use this combo a lot.

:3::+::B: while in gloomy: This was a verticle slash that could put the opponent in a stun state and ground state. good for following up with :1::1::+::B: and then :B::+::K: and :B:. I use this combo a lot.

Thanks for reading

Back