Prefer speedy or slow but powerful characters?

it actually took me a while to find my main, i settled on asta, its not really because of his power or anything, his moveset just fits my play style.

Though I didn't choose them for this specific purpose, my 3 mains ended up basically covering the entire speed to power spectrum, with one on each extreme end, and one right smack in the middle. Cass is the all arounder, good speed, good power, surprising range, kinda random. Not the greatest at any of those things by any means, but if I don't know my opponent, I usually feel safest picking her. Taki is pure speed, rushdown, and evasion, one of the best for this purpose (possibly the best). Asty is pure power, tactics, and spacing, one of the best for this purpose (again, possibly the best).

Basically, if Cass can't cut it, one of the other two usually will. If not, then ggs to you.

Honestly I do prefer speed. It doesn't matter how weak your character is if you can hit three times as fast as the other player. Sometimes picking up other characters is nice. But to agree with a few others certain characters just fit certain players. I love love love Maxi.

always been a picker based on their looks (I guess I'm so shallow I'm even shallow in fighting games (in a way)? Who'd have thunk!). Cervy is a pirate (YAY) yoshi is just...cool (YAY). I tend to NOT pick super speed though. cuz they tend to be chicks i guess (i don't play as chicks cuz I want a manly "cool' char... not someone to drool over..gets distracting). And slow but strong always felt boring (in WHAT way is asty "flashy"... personally COMBO=FLASH in fighters..as does HUGE damage on those combos...it needs both to be THE UBER).

definitely prefer speedy characters... i have a hard enough time getting "in" on some aggressive players as it is without slower characters.

LOL...Nightmare is my favorite too

but sometimes i prefer low tiers like Setsuka that is slow, have no much range, doesnt punish, unsafe as hell, bad low moves, short range.......... what a balanced char :D

Am I missing something here? Is this a joke?

Edit: To stay on topic, though..... I choose characters on a case by case basis. Doesn't matter if they're the standard fast, slow, or cliche wierd fucker that every game has.

What's funny is I've always preferred speed to power (just as an example, super speed is my favorite super power ever) but it's actually sort of counter intuitive to my natural playstyle. When I know I have to make each shot land and timing is critical, I tend to play better. Maybe it's a grass is always greener thing? I dunno.

i am pretty sure that in every fighting game ever made the best characters have always been fast ones. not necessarily (although often) the fastest, but never slow. can anyone think of any exceptions to this?

I've found that I tend to stick with the characters are fast with little power, Talim for example. I've loved her since I played 2...and she's just gotten...jumpier, but that's what's fun. She's surprising.

I also like Amy, just because I do. She's fast, does alright damage...but I LOVE her sidesteps, easy way to confuse people.

gimmie all of the above, yay!!! all i really care about is turning white, or black in nightmares case, im obsessed!!

A little Necromancy can't hurt, right?
Anyway, I prefer Nightmare.
Of course, they way I build them is for full attack and defense, and his semi-quick speed just adds to it I guess.
Bonus for me!

I do like playing Vader who is crazy slow with good power hits but I've been noticing that against good players I get my ass kicked. I'm thinking maybe its time to try these fast characters out hmmm taki here I come

Haha today I just discovered my new main:
My Talim CaS! Dang he's fast, annoying, and strong!

always been a picker based on their looks (I guess I'm so shallow I'm even shallow in fighting games (in a way)? Who'd have thunk!). Cervy is a pirate (YAY) yoshi is just...cool (YAY). I tend to NOT pick super speed though. cuz they tend to be chicks i guess (i don't play as chicks cuz I want a manly "cool' char... not someone to drool over..gets distracting). And slow but strong always felt boring (in WHAT way is asty "flashy"... personally COMBO=FLASH in fighters..as does HUGE damage on those combos...it needs both to be THE UBER).

What he said minus the Cervantes.

Back