Preparation Glitch Discussion

he? Anyway, I dont like to take sides but Im with Zanaken on this one. I dont see why my posts are cryptic to you?

You aren't clear on what you are trying to say. You don't seem to be following others' posts very well. Are you aware that this thread is part of the Raph SA and on Preparation glitches? If you are here, then you should post about something related to Raph gameplay, preferably his Prep stance.

Well, I certainly find JGing CEs easier than stepping them on reaction. If I predict it, sure, but if I'm guarding then I have no reason not to try now. Right now I have something like 90% rate online. Offline is even better. A failed JG is a guard most of the time too. I did repeatedly tell people it was worth going for, but so few attempt it to improve.

If it works for you, then great. You are entitled to your opinion on whether JG is worth it. Many of us, though, prefer to step it and punish the Azure Knight hard. Both are viable tactics but one is safer than the other.

You aren't clear on what you are trying to say. You don't seem to be following others' posts very well. Are you aware that this thread is part of the Raph SA and on Preparation glitches? If you are here, then you should post about something related to Raph gameplay, preferably his Prep stance.

Well excuse you!?! 0.o

Fendante, let's be fair here. I was the only one trying to talk about the move after the initial discovery stage. I wrote strengths and strings, even a combo or two. All I got back though was people telling me that only idiots would fall for such a slow move, even in actual fights.

This was essentially calling me an idiot as well (some straight up say it,) seeing as I saw it as a valid and powerful addition to his game if used sparingly and correctly.

Then I made an off-the-cuff comment about how NM has an easy to JG CE, and everyone added 4 pages of discussion pretty much instantly. It really does take two to tango (or 10 to forum,) but this SA gets far too little in the way of posts to really try and curb all off-topic talk.

I still wanted to hear other people's ideas on iPrep use. It seems people either wanted my ideas, or to stick with their prejudice about it.

"Guilty till proven innocent - Cos I can guard it in training"

If its a viable risk then you are more than welcome to show us that at a tourney environment against capable players. until then alot of that play style seems pointless and ineffective

EDIT: to be fair prep A+B has merit in prep because of all the other variables your opponent is concerned that can keep in place for a bit. Unfortunatley outside of those situations where your opponent already wants to step everything you do, then its usefulness quickly dimishes

Let's not start anything boys.

To everyone else: Try to make more posts related to this thread or post in another appropriate thread.

Zanaken at least i did well at one which is one more than you. im also willing to take the thoughts of others into account instead of whining. if u think u r right then the onus to prove it is in u

its isnt about being the better raph, i dont enter enough tourneys to consider myself the best raph or nething. If he thinks this is a viable move and if he think his style has merit than just prove it at a tourney against competent players, thats all.

I have to enter a tourney to prove iPrep is worth using... Listen to yourself. Seriously.

No you are misunderstanding the basic premise of what Youngfox is saying.

Entering a tournament to prove iPrep is useful in a tournament setting (ie. highly competitive settings, knowledgable opponents, no online lag variables, ...etc).

We can debate about iPrep in the forums openly (thats the whole point of a forum) but the majority of the people reading this wants to know how iPrep will do to help them with competitive play.

Its pretty straightforward why youngfox (and a lot of other forum goers) wants to know. They know that iPrep "could" work, but they want to see how it is applied in a tournament setting.

So how you spend maybe 1% of your time playing is all that matters. Using nothing but safe jabs and 'tourney nerves' excuses.

Keep in mind I spend most of my time playing offline against great opponents.

I don't know who decided this status quo, but it stinks. I can't say shit without someone getting personally offended. Onyx, do you have anything to say about iPrep and its uses?

Or did you just get an alert that I posted, and decided that telling me to shut the fuck up is the nice and adult shit you wanted to throw in here?

Not again. Zanaken, I understand you play Raph and know what you are doing and some of your ideas have merit. People, however, are feeling offended because you are very dogmatic and don't take criticism very well from those who disagree with you. Listen to the provocative tone in your posts. No one is completely right or wrong, but when someone continues to insist on their ideas, it creates an unpleasant atmosphere.

Fendante, I might not make it obvious, but I like you. It's kinda hard to take this SA as a friendly atmosphere though with a video trying to make fun of me stickied to the top with the main moderator advocating it.

Excuse me if I hold a zero bullshit attitude here. My posts are mainly aimed at lurkers here, not posters.

Please, just let these discussions die if they can't be done without offending either side. This isn't going anywhere.

Fendante, I might not make it obvious, but I like you. It's kinda hard to take this SA as a friendly atmosphere though with a video trying to make fun of me stickied to the top with the main moderator advocating it.

Excuse me if I hold a zero bullshit attitude here. My posts are mainly aimed at lurkers here, not posters.
Just ignore the Titan Squad stuff. It's definitely dumb and reflects poorly on the site as a whole but it's one of those in-jokes that ended up metastasizing to the point where you just have to grin and bear it. It's essentially the same thing as the My Little Pony fandom.

I'm not angry with Titansquad at all - They do their thing, good health to 'em. I'm angry with the hypocrisy of calling me out on off-topic, personal, stuff when the moderator is clearly up for it.

I'm also under the impression that I start a lot of discourse on this SA, a heck of a lot (for a quiet SA,) and it always ends up with people humming the same tunes of "It's too hard to do reliably" or "In a tournament etc etc"

I get it, a lot of people got told to repeatedly STFU by tourney circles, and just wanted to do the same to others.

It's that monkey in a cage story really:

Get some monkeys in a cage with a ladder in the middle which has bananas at the top. If any monkey tries to get a banana, spray water on the others.

Eventually the monkeys start attacking any monkey that tries to get to the top, but you get rid of the hoses, and would never squirt them again.

Add a new monkey, and remove an old one, and he will be attacked immediately as he tries to climb up. He has no idea why, but he stops climbing. Replace the monkeys one by one and all you have left is a bunch of monkeys who attack anyone who tries to get the bananas. None know why, and there is no punishment.

-

This is essentially the Soulcal community. In the game's youth, a tourney player should have been the only one making educated opinions. Most people had little to no clue, and trying to get the bananas was stupid for most.

Guess what? The game changed. The internet is a lot more widely used. Going to a tourney means VERY little now. I can, as a new player, read through this entire SA and be very reasonably informed as to Raphael. I could even make new points I couldn't have without all the things I so easily read, and apply it to some of the best players thanks to the online mode.

TL:DR: Grow up monkeys, stop throwing shit at each other, and try and get some freakin' bananas.

Back