Preparing for SC2 HD online

Are you hype for Soul Calibur 2 HD online?

• Total voters

CorrectDefense

CorrectDefense is back
Alright, I'm hype. If you're reading this, you are hype. If you weren't, you are now. Why? Because don't ask stupid questions. Now, in order to prepare for all the SC2 online fun that we ALL are gonna have (or else), I think we need a thread dedicated to information on SC2. Be it for people who have never played SC2, or people who haven't played it in ages, people need to know what is going on. So, to the point I guess, if you happen to stumble across any SC2 high level tournament footage, some skill projects, or just some random character facts that could be helpful, throw that stuff in this thread and help some people out!

Thanks for starting this thread!! I only started played competitively in SCV so I don't know much about the meta/advanced tech. in SCII.

Anything to note? I remembered hearing something about 2G or GI issues in SCII.

I've heard something about it, but, I personally don't know what the issue was. But, that is why this thread is here, so we can find out! I'll see if I can find something on it

The GI problem - "Basically, when Player A GI's Player B, Player B could input a throw + direction at a certain point of the GI animation and completely cancel out the GI'ed recovery and go directly into a throw." - 8wayrun user, Ceron

The 2G problem - "A supposedly game-breaking glitch that has a number of effects. The most commonly used one is that it allows a character to block after being GI'd. As the name suggests, 2G (down and guard) must be tapped to do this. The estimate for the frame window is somewhere around 4 frames, making the timing more than twice as strict as a re-guard impact. The advantage is that the GI'd character has a relatively safe option that does not involve committing oneself to 30 frames of recovery. 2G can also be used to block some 'auto-GI' moves." - Wikipedia

Wow, that's really powerful.
I wonder if you can actually do the throw GI-throw glitch on reaction or if you have to predict the fact when you are gonna get GI'd. Or if you can option select it by inputting a throw every time you press a button lol.
Also, the vid posted by DarkRhythm had GI-throw examples near the end. Fun vid to watch.

been playing some SC2 lately and it sucks having to re-learn stuff lol. although it's kinda cool since when i DID play it when it came out i was just a little kid. but now that i'm "better" i might enjoy it more. wanna main talim since she's been my main until SC5, but i also wanna try maxi and spawn (hoping spawn makes the cut).

This may be off topic of everything, and I'm sure it has come. Is Yunsung's invisible weapon going to be on complete ban? Cause that has a lot of range, along with Kiliks special weapon.

Honestly SC2 was probably my least played soul calibur out of them all! When I was a little child I loved SC1 for the Dreamcast, and I played the hell out of Chronicles of The Sword in SC3, but SC2 I hardly remember much about. It wasn't until SC4 I actually decided to try and get semi-decent at the series, lol.

Ivy - My main style forever! Sorry swagfried, you don't get cool until SC4!

I'm wondering how the tournaments are going to run then?

Despite lag being a major factor here are you gonna allow ppl to use programmable buttons? are you gonna let them flick a lag switch? Because you can't tell what is going on behind the screen and I thought I may want to address this issue so you can divert a plan or something.

It's not to say I'm entirely against online tournaments, just as long as the prize is small I guess there can be some good incentive to that.

^Ya that is fine way to practice. Build up sum1's confidence, but when you're talking online tournaments with big prize money there are those who will cheat behind the screen.

^Ya that is fine way to practice. Build up sum1's confidence, but when you're talking online tournaments with big prize money there are those who will cheat behind the screen.

I'll leave that to MLG to worry about with one of their jackass ladder tourneys.

I'll leave that to MLG to worry about with one of their jackass ladder tourneys.
You know what after that post of yours? I begin to think they may set Xbox One as their main console since Kinect has a built-in camera to spy on. Who knows how MLG will co-operate with Microsoft.

Edit: but then again it depends on the environment on how it is set-up, you can't look around so he/she maybe hiding something behind an object.

Back