PSN DOWN WTF?!1

The free game is nice, and so is identity theft protection. The problem is my information is already out there. Genie's outta the bottle.

There was this medieval king who said "Reputation is like a glass pane. Once damaged it can never be the same" And so it is. I'll accept the bribes because I'm not the litigious kind, but the damage is still done.

lol a "free" PS+ game to go with our free month of PS+.

what they don't mention is that after that month the "free" game won't work anymore unless you pay for PS+.

perhaps it is time to move this discussion to the conspiracy theory thread...

it's not so much about whether the news is new or not. it's about where it's posted. in otherwords.. relevant journalist sites only report what's noted on the blog AFTER it's been posted on the blog. my question is, why aren't they gettin this information directly from a sony PR rep? or rather, more detailed information then just simply restating what's been posted on the blog?

I guess it was just a side note to answer all these questions that people ask in the blog comments regarding the free downloadable content.

lol a "free" PS+ game to go with our free month of PS+.

what they don't mention is that after that month the "free" game won't work anymore unless you pay for PS+.

perhaps it is time to move this discussion to the conspiracy theory thread...

But isn't it that PSN+ subscribers have access to free games in general? If so, then this statement about two free games would make no sense then since as a PS+ user you would be able to download unlimited amount of games, not being limited to just 2 or 3. I hope I'm not wrong.

I guess it was just a side note to answer all these questions that people ask in the blog comments regarding the free downloadable content.

But isn't it that PSN+ subscribers have access to free games in general? If so, then this statement about two free games would make no sense then since as a PS+ user you would be able to download unlimited amount of games, not being limited to just 2 or 3. I hope I'm not wrong.

ps+ only gives you one free game per month, and you don't get to keep it after your subscription ends.

You are probably right then ._.

My second guess was that they will give us some crappy bad-selling games to choose from.

For Europe:

"We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon"

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/06/scee-identity-theft-protection-offering/
(No mention of PS+ in this post so I'd be surprised if those free games has anything to do with that.)

"All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

lobo said:
ps+ only gives you one free game per month, and you don't get to keep it after your subscription ends.

There's no limit to how many free games you can download per month with PS+. Each month there's four new ones. 1 PS3, 1 PS1 and 2 socalled minis. Also, everything which isn't free (but discounted) you get to keep even after the subscription ends.

Looks like a lot of bitches are going to be choked:
PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services remain shut as of today, Shigenori Yoshida, a Tokyo-based spokesman said. Sony is uncertain when it can resume the services, Yoshida said by phone today. The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged, he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...ervices-remain-shut-uncertain-on-restart.html

Yeah, it's not back. Sony updated the restoration status of PSN today with the usual nonsense:
I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

throwcomputer.gif

Back