Public 8WAYRUN Questions

I got a question, what does it take for me to become MONEYMUFFINs' right hand man?

And if he grants me the title to be his right hand man will 8wayrun then rename me to frannyMUFFINs?

Also MONEYMUFFINs I got a tagline for such a username: "Taste the richness" ya?

Last edited:
How can you agree that 8WR is an elitist group? I think it's all bullshit

Maybe for the most of the actual members on the site. But there does seem to be a certain mentality among the more vocal members of this site. Said mentality is described best by Hook's post and can be summarized as intolerant elitists who give other competitive players a bad name.

Come on. You can't say "I don't subscribe to the status quo" and not have a few eyebrows raised at you.

Getting to know people is half the battle around here. An atmosphere of elitism might be responsible. The thing is a refusal to try based on preconceptions of such formed over the internet. This is by far the most difficult obstacle as the internet itself pretty much is nothing but preconceptions gone wild. Defining elitism for everyone could be a solution so let me give that a try. Elitism is nonsense, namely people using nonsense, perhaps paragraphs of such intentional or not to discourage others from even beginning a discussion. This happens extremely regularly all over the internet as most people seem to have a built in need to be right about what they're saying inevitably leading to nonsense paragraphs every once in a while.

Learn to tone it down and attack problems specifically and most importantly accurately without being sidetracked. Think of it like someone who plays Calibur for the opposite of fun, to punish both themselves and their opponent for having the audacity to even suggest they should both be having fun. Should work seeing as this is just an internet forum and not the actual game and it should have the opposite effect to ruining the 'game'.

But I've been wrong before... Kappa

If someone has a shit opinion it isn't elitism to call it a shit opinion. You can say "but its my opinion I have a right to it." Well yeah, but that doesn't stop it being a shit opinion, like its my opinion to have an opinion on your opinion init.

Idk about being elitist. I just joined 8way a couple months ago and I feel very welcomed from the community. Alex.J was the first person to offer casuals with me and some might call him the biggest ass on here.
Alex gets shit from autistic crybabies because they don't get his sarcastic humor. I can't recall a single time when I felt truly harassed by him. Same with Steven.

Maybe for the most of the actual members on the site. But there does seem to be a certain mentality among the more vocal members of this site. Said mentality is described best by Hook's post and can be summarized as intolerant elitists who give other competitive players a bad name.
Well, Hook is a moron. That fact tends to cripple his constantly self contradictory ramblings.

So I thought I may ask... I assume the majority uses control pad but no worries this question also applies to ppl who also use other peripherals and for the sake of simplicity the genre we're focusing on is fighting games.

How many of you are on the stage where you question your potential and you feel the peripheral you've been using for many years maybe limited?

So what I'm saying is that do you begin to think you can do more with a peripheral you have yet to experience than the peripheral you're using right now?

"The forums are filled with elitest jerks who group up on individuals"

Translation: I wait around the forums and post nothing until there is a topic talking about either A) how bad the community is. Or B) How bad SCV is and how much better SC2 is. But then when people disagree with me and say that SC2 sucks and no one believes me that SCV is the worst SC out there. Why can't people have opinions like me?

You KNOW who this is directed to..

So what I'm saying is that do you begin to think you can do more with a peripheral you have yet to experience than the peripheral you're using right now?
I don't think there's enough difference between input methods for that to ever really be a limiting factor barring a physical handicap.

Back