Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mained Omega to begin with aswell but then swiftly moved to Pyrrha with extraordinary success.

I just can't do her DNS fast enough to connect with combos. I've seen people do it as if it was one stride, but with mine you can clearly see her first NS go into DNS -__- I'm just not fast enough.

I've been having success recently with incorporating 6K more often into my game. While linear, it's a quick, safe poke that chips away at the opponent's guard gauge. Throw in some more heavy hitting moves and the guard gauge is flashing soon enough. Also, is anyone managing to make good use of NS K? I hardly seem to find myself using it, personally.

I forget that I have NS K a lot, but it's great when their back is to a wall or ring edge. It sends them flying, and will RO or wallsplat from really far away.

I just can't do her DNS fast enough to connect with combos. I've seen people do it as if it was one stride, but with mine you can clearly see her first NS go into DNS -__- I'm just not fast enough.
Practice makes perfect. Go into training mode with Nightmare and practice doing his CE. If you do it too slow you get Grim Stride, so keep working until you can get it consistently.

What does the input speed of NM's CE have to do with ANYTHING? lol
Because if you input it too slow, you get grim stride. Same goes for Omega: if you input 236236B too slow, you get NS into DNS B instead of instant DNS, which makes DNS B considerably slower, ergo much less useful as a punish. Practicing the input with Nightmare is an easy way to see if you're doing 236236 too slow, because you will not get CE.

I don't think Slade has bad advice regarding Nightmare CE, but if you find the motion uncomfortable focus on making it comfortable first. Don't worry about speed at first. Just practice stabbing the training dummy for 10 minutes. Work on getting that 236236B:4 timing down. Take a 5 minute break, come back and do the same thing.

Nubby question...

How much advantage do you get with the auto Gi from 4 A+B+K? and what's the best option for dmg after?

I know CE is i13 so that's the obv, but I was just wondering about meterless/BE damage after the GI.

TA!

GI gives 27 frames iirc. I tend to DNS B afterwards, unless my opponent shows that will automatically attempt to re-GI. In that case, I'll either go for a throw or something slow but meaty, like 4[A]A, which will hit after the opponent's GI attempt.

I mained Omega to begin with aswell but then swiftly moved to Pyrrha with extraordinary success.

To do her DNS you wait for the recovery frames of your launcher and that's where you input 236. Input another and you'll do DNS B. Don't pause in between the two steps; it will result in just a NS.

I don't think Slade has bad advice regarding Nightmare CE, but if you find the motion uncomfortable focus on making it comfortable first. Don't worry about speed at first. Just practice stabbing the training dummy for 10 minutes. Work on getting that 236236B:4 timing down. Take a 5 minute break, come back and do the same thing.

Best advice for everything!
Practice, practice, pause,practice, repeat...

What do you guys think of 8B+K? Do you find using it at all? I never realised this move can break guard so fast, plus its only -12 on block.

It's very easily JGable and you can also jump it on reaction.

I wonder, are there any force blocks involving this move though?

I dont even bother with 8b+k unless you are looking for something to throw out. Use 44b+k instead.

If you hit them with 66B when they are grounded they get pushed back the perfect distance for 8B+K.

I always use 22B 66B 8B+K. (66B only catches front back left and guard after 22B)

Anyone using 44B+K after 66B? You got SO many okizeme games here. 44K tends to hit some techrollers, and if opponent blocks, you are particularly in advantage. 66B is for tech rollers, Ground stun fishing, and is also safe on block. It hits grounded opponents, forgot to mention 44K also does. Gotta love that mixups.

Yeah, 44B+K causes an untechable knockdown after 66B, which then creates a force block situation. You can choose to pile on the guard damage with another 66B, or what I like to do is go for 1K, which almost feels virtually free since the opponent isn't going to want to eat another 66B launch.

Since you're on the topic of 8B+K right now, I thought all of you pretty Pyrrha Ω players may be interested in this. From the Siegfried Soul Arena with love:

More goodness: quake effects count as horizontals.
You know what that means.
Yes - and before you ask, it will actually make them recoil and guarantee the SBH B as well.
SBH aGI works vs
Pyrrha 8B+K or 8(B+K)
Pyrrha Omega 8B+K or 8(B+K)

Essentially, just throwing out 8B+K against certain characters is very dangerous. As Malice has pointed out, you have other things that are safer to throw out. Your best bet is to limit it to situations where it's a force block/unblockable mix-up, which I assume is mostly okizeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back