Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSHHHHHHHHH DON'T INFORM THE COMPETITION

Oh, come now. There's nothing wrong with sharing a bit of information between enemies with a long-running, deep seated hatred of one another. Or at least it's like that on one end of the spectrum. Besides, it gives them another reason to evolve their meta-game a bit, and I'm all for that.

Speaking of sharing information, those of you that enjoy dabbling with Elysium from time to time can find the frame data of her Pyrrha Ω specific moves on the wiki under Sophitia, or just click here. Enjoy.

Guys, how do you feel about the vs. Alpha matchup? It feels to me like Alpha dominates the pace of the match and I personally find myself being forced to play the Alpha player's game. Can Omega play aggressively in this MU, or should she adopt a more defensive approach?

Defense in that match was already annoying in IV due to 33B. Now that you can't even BB zone effectively to mitigate the effect, I suspect that playing near patsuka is probably what you have to do, even if that's not really so optimal itself.

Anyone wanna fill me in on some wall combos?

I like to do stuff like 66B > W! > NS B:4 > W! > DNS B:4 but sometimes the axis can get screwy and she'll get the glitch animation even if you nail it (or the fact that you can miss it and get the glitch for that matter). Replacing the DNS B with CE or 6B BE seems to do just fine, but in the end do equal (most times less) damage than that original AND cost meter.

Just from trying a few in training she seems like she doesn't have a very creative wall game (especially coming from Yoshimitsu), but I could be missing key moves.

I usually go for NS B:4 DNS B:4 after the initial wallsplat, though sometimes I may end with CE or 2B BE...just because lol. If you manage to get NS B:4 NS B:4 DNS B:4 and get the JF versions for all three stabs, the damage is just obscene.

Defense in that match was already annoying in IV due to 33B. Now that you can't even BB zone effectively to mitigate the effect, I suspect that playing near patsuka is probably what you have to do, even if that's not really so optimal itself.

faced against syn's a-Pat last night... wasn't helping that i was having a bad run that particular night tbh... but i can confirm 33B is VERY hard to counter for Pyrrha Ω! It steps, TC AND freakin TRACKS! Whhay too much positives for a safe move imho.... =_= you're so right in that I can't even space it properly anymore either... >_< Can't DNS B since it steps it, can't really NS/DNS A since it TCs... >_< jeeez!

I tried a 'close' game against him but it was still a losing battle... =_=

Any other ideas of other possible counter strategies?

In my experience you can run the poke game pretty well vs aPat but you really have to take risks at times.

33B is something like -11 on block? You should be able to just about stuff anything after he does this and you can start your offensive if you get him to cool down at close-mid range.

If you wanna kill step, I would suggest 3A/22K (very underrated move imo) up close, 66A anywhere it can land and 4A series when you think they might get antsy and step. These options should kill any movement if you use them properly.

Aside from that, being able to JG is very important in this matchup. You can shut down 1B:B, FC 3B:B/BE on block and while risky, it can be worth it to do "option select" in poke exchanges to shut down 33B and whatever else might be used in those mid range situations.

Throw out a ton of 6K too. It is amazingly obnoxious.

Hope this offers some insight.

@Partisan

Thanks for the advice... I'll take heed and see what I can do on my next face-off with the character... me not playing especially well on the particular night probably contributed to getting beat-up... =_=

The JG bit might be problematic for me... since I've been somewhat trying to avoid it altogether and let the rest of my game compensate for the lack of it on my array of skills... like you said though, it is important... especially in the matchup. So it looks like more time spent on training mode to get it down... =/ *sigh*

In my experience you can run the poke game pretty well vs aPat but you really have to take risks at times.

33B is something like -11 on block? You should be able to just about stuff anything after he does this and you can start your offensive if you get him to cool down at close-mid range.

If you wanna kill step, I would suggest 3A/22K (very underrated move imo) up close, 66A anywhere it can land and 4A series when you think they might get antsy and step. These options should kill any movement if you use them properly.

Aside from that, being able to JG is very important in this matchup. You can shut down 1B:B, FC 3B:B/BE on block and while risky, it can be worth it to do "option select" in poke exchanges to shut down 33B and whatever else might be used in those mid range situations.

Throw out a ton of 6K too. It is amazingly obnoxious.

Hope this offers some insight.

I still don't get how to do option select in that situations
Can you give me some examples ?

Thanks

APat players always go for 2363B, so it's hella a very good move. I'm not sure if it tracks, but I know you can SS to his left. But this is on close range test only.

Always kill step with 6A or 22K. They are good step killers, only thing to watch out is the very crappy range of both of them.

In regards to the aPat MU...

Here's a vid of me playing Woahhzz that might give some insights on how I handle the character:

*Keep in mind that this is just an online match (one out of many from a rather even set) and as such isn't a 100% accurate portrayal of our abilities or the matchup. I am only posting it for the sake of this discussion (Thanks woahhzz!)*

...pictures (or a movie... >_<) is worth a thousand words I guess.. >_< lol! thnx to both of you's

Things I noticed...

• Pyrrha Ω footsie risk/reward is comparable to aPat's if not better...
  • JG into AA seem to be the only way to force a hit VS a defensive aPat... =_=
  • JGing aPat's 2143B.B/BE is a very effective way to curtail its pressure... >_<
  • EVERY poke counts vs a good aPat... =_=
  • Pyrrha Ω A+B aGI PALES in comparison to SC4 Sophie's A+B... I'm finding I just can't get any success out of it on this version... unless its VS a really predictable player that spams non-stabbing mids... =_=
  • A good aPat REALLY forces Pyrrha Ω into a more defensive playstyle... so its not surprising I fell over my previous matches due to my usually more 'f**k it lets attack!' orientated style... LOL!

Here's a vid of me playing Woahhzz that might give some insights on how I handle the character:

*Keep in mind that this is just an online match (one out of many from a rather even set) and as such isn't a 100% accurate portrayal of our abilities or the matchup. I am only posting it for the sake of this discussion (Thanks woahhzz!)*

Why do you suggest using 6A over AA?

I forgot about AA.. shit. Thanks!

Some tips I can give VS Patroklos:
2A beats the crap of all APat's good attacks etc 1B,B 2363B JF T etc
Defensive is not your ultimate choice here, you should get more risk reward games against APat.
APat's 66A is a good attacks against Pyrrha O., so watch for that move
Frame Advantage moves are good too, but not non-tracking ones especially 4B. You shouldn't use this often.
3A is a good move to kill step and other APat's good tools too, 'cause it's a mid

Your JG ability is Impressive. I wonder how did you pracice JG, Partisan ? I can do JG well in training but I cannot do it as well as training mode if I am in real match, sometimes I just freeze there and hold G. Is there any tip for me ?

Yeah, what mayu said. As with any timing or execution intensive skill, after you've gotten a feel for how it works in practice, try doing it in casuals. You can start by doing it outside of the context of trying to win, just play normally for a bit and try to pick a point in advance where you'll attempt to jG a likely poke, then repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back