Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NS B nerf is pretty inconsequential. It was -20 in IV and it wasn't really a big deal. I think over all the backdash nerf will help Ω because she won't have to use moves that are nearly as bad to try to control opponent backstep. Since Ω'[s pushback on block is pretty good on a number of moves, it is likely that she'll still be able to backstep a decent number of moves, assuming that the backstep nerf isn't super potent. Will still need to see it first hand though.

hi i am a noob. could someone explain change in the latest patch? i dont quite get it. i have not played this game much and i need to work on my RO game, does 1AA RO? and 11AA i think it is? and the only RO i have with my back to the edge is 33B?

They didn't fix the 236B:4 problem off wallsplats in the recent patch. Do they even know about this shit?

As far as I can tell, very little seems to have changed. NS B is -18 now a change suggested by the patch notes. In addition going back through the frame data I noticed a few things that weren't the same as I had had them before, but I'm not sure if that was a change from the patch or a mistake I'd made previously. 6K is -8 on guard, 44K is +4 on hit. Also, although the patch notes had suggested that generic 2Bs were going to get nerfed in terms of guard break values, Ω's 1B still breaks in 15. *shrug*

Hello everyone, I would like to main this character now. What's the first thing I should work on with Omega? *Looks at Suirad meaningfully* :)

eep. Uh, execution wise I'd say learning to combo launch > CE > DNS B and to do DNS B4 post GI. Recognition wise learning what to punish Bean has a good thread on that in this SA. Strategy wise probably how to work opponent's guard gauge since her ability to generate offense is somewhat mediocre otherwise, but post break damage is fairly high.

My problem is she doesn't have many variations on low attacks unlike Pyrrha.
And her punishment after blocking low is mediocre in range. The best would be 236B when crouching, but I didn't see frame data for this in the wiki thing. Or did I miss it. Or is it the same as ns B.

Kik: It's the same move from crouching, except it's 1 frame faster on start-up.

Wing: I don't know quite enough about how you play to really say (despite hates commentary on the subject and your signature). I would say she is probably more of a defensive than an offensive character though, for what that is worth.

could we discuss her ring out game? i would start a topic but i dont play enough to really have any imput, i dont even own the game and only play at friends so training is normally out of the question as everyone wants to play. to my knowledge only 33B works with her back to the edge.

CH4AB works well for forward RO as anti-step and post guard break. A+B's Counter to verticals will RO over low walls. NS B4 ROs forward and to Ω's left and so anything that combos into it does as well (NS A when near ring edge or with JF NS B follow-up, 4[A], CH 4K, 8B+K quake, A+B Counter horizontal to name some). Also the juggle hit on DNS B allows less air control than TAS B did, so a number of launcher > DNS B combos will RO forward a short distance.

(I'm going to assume you meant 1) Yeah if you can set some one up with 11A or 1A at the edge and you know they can't react the first hit (and also the string in 11A's case ) then they work to RO. Not great options overall, but she doesn't have good options to RO a blocking opponent anyway (::rolls eyes:: at 4B+K)

(I'm going to assume you meant 1) Yeah if you can set some one up with 11A or 1A at the edge and you know they can't react the first hit (and also the string in 11A's case ) then they work to RO. Not great options overall, but she doesn't have good options to RO a blocking opponent anyway (::rolls eyes:: at 4B+K)
yea i meant 1. i know its not the safest options, but they can be a bit tricky for opponents on the edge to deal with.

How is it 11A can push ring out? 11AA maybe.
DNS K also rings out. Nice ducking from horizontal attacks when the opponent is on pressure on edge of ring. Plus it's safe.
NS K is also a ring out. NS K has far more range, but -10+ on block.

Would any Oprah mains out there on XBL be interested in tearing Tira to shreds for the evuls? 'Cuz I would love to spar with an Oprah main or two in my psychotic efforts to not suck.

Kind of a newb to Pyrrha O so forgive me if this is old. Is her Just Frame Critical edge something that came with the patch or was it already in originally? I just did it once to block punish a cpu random hyper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back