Quick Steps (How to Learn Calibur)

Was with you until the 'Anti-Ivy' part. Just kidding, it's a great idea. I know you want to bring newbies into the more advanced aspects of the fighting engine but you might want to consider covering stuff like CAS which brought a lot of them in in the first place. How about having the characters in different created costumes when showcasing them?

Going in depths with the character's story and background would be nice as well.

CAS was what lured me into the SC universe, to be honest. Wasn't until pretty late then I started learning the mechanics such as combos and the like.

I'm not really sure what could shown for CAS, I mean it's not really difficult to use or anything. I could see making some fun CAS costumes to broadcast a character in 4 fun/comic relief. Aside from that not really sure what else is there.

And story I mean, maybe a very brief introduction to the character, Like "today we have Siegfried, the former wielder of SC, who's on the path of redemption blah blah blah, so lets take a look at what he's got"but going in depth with it seems like it would just take up time.

I'm really not trying to start anything but really??? A CAS discussion, here? FUCK! I'm a huge fan boy but come on people! This is just sad really.

Reactions: LP
Chill. Someone made a suggestion about something and some believe it to be a good idea and others think otherwise.
Look the fact of the matter is this, you can sit and play with the CAS system to your heart is content. It is a visual stimulation, subjective and all a matter of personal taste. You don't need some sort of strategy to create some costumed character.

What is being proposed is high level players teaching high level skills at an introductory level. Something of substance. Something to better the community as a whole. Something that you can't get from some formula a 10 year old put together to make Viola look like Spiderwoman. This is an opportunity to actually learn something worthwhile. That is my main problem with the whole CAS suggestion. If you want costume dress up go find America's Next Top Model the video game and have at it.

I don't know about the whole CAS thing, I don't think it brings anything interesting to the "learn how to improve your game". Also, I think the stats change a little depending on height ( like range, damage... ) so unless the height is the "correct" one, it may be a little bit troublesome ( even though I have absolutely no idea to what extent it affects the stats ).

ilu Delnar, and just lemme know if you need logo work, etc. I will tell work to go fuck themselves just for you. :>

Random stuff

-I'm not so sure about the name,many suggest Quick Steps wich as concept is nice,but imho it don't sound enough SC related, specially for an outsider/beginner.
Put Soul or even better Calibur into the name create automatically a mental relation with SC
I like the idea of TS/Talisman " School Calibur" is a nice word joke,hit the point and most important it istant make think about SC.
Imagine a dude tell it at his friends,the name School Calibur itself explain it all.
If i imagine the same dude tell about noobs/casuals "hey guys go watch Quick Steps,is a..." imho the message is weaker

-Every char with his own music theme,is a must!

-i was thinking, chose a fitting arena for every char,it will give atmosphere... but no :D
Chose a precise arena that's ever the same,will give more the sense of continuity,like if is THE official dojo/school.
Same arena + little logo will give it identity, a quick look at the screen and peoples will istant recognize it.
Something with neautral lights and possibly less moving/distracting things as possible.
The Coliseum seem to me a good candidate visually,but problem is that's a closed arena,and we need to show all situations.
A good candidate is this
294687_184545094944058_121006821297886_407790_4362272_n_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

It got good lights and is clear
It got:
a wall side
a medium (1.5 m, 1.8m?) destroyable barrier side
a very short barrier side
a side without walls/barriers, total free RO
Basically every situation is possible there

-ever for the continuity, chose a precise punchbag who is ever the same. If we as "mokujin char" (yet hinted/confirmed) get some kind of anonimous puppet it can be a good choice.
If not i think Dampierre may be even a better choice: average size char, ever the same style so don't generate confusion, PERFECT basic stance... he's just there standing without move,so he's a perfect punching bag AND he don't disturb,let the eye focus on the analyzed character.
Plus see him get beated up is just fun,it got the same factor that pushed Capcom to put Dan as training victim :D
And last but not last,most of casuals/noobs are'nt going to have him(specially not in first 1-2 months) in theyr SCV,so it may eventually be another factor that catch noobs attention
1093489-dampierre.jpg

-keep CaS discussion teh fuck out of this

-i can help if needed,but i've no skill on making video montage, my only possible visual contribute is about being an illustrator (but i can do animated gif too).

This stage is perfect as the School Calibur campus/training ground ! xD

For the punching bag we could also take a CAS that looks generic or punching bag like

Just Call it Calibur Forum.

Forum = Discussion. Pays Homage to CaliburForums.

Or Soul Charge. BEcuz you're trying to Charge your soul. And pays home to Soul Charge.

I can illustrate, got experience with Photoshop CS5 and a bit of illustrator but of course not so awesome like Gatsu. As for vids, I can do simple stuff with Premiere Pro.

Cute update:

After thinking about all the things that I wanted to do with this, I figure I just wouldn't have enough time to balance life and the Critical Edge idea (especially the way I initially had it mapped out) so I'm scrapping it. For now anyway. The simplest I could think of was making a punishment video. But I think people don't need a visual for that, and can easily go onto the forums for easy stuff like that. We'll see.

To replace that however, I plan on showing FT5 grudge matches from local players and possibly even scrounge up donations to get players from other states to come down for a day or two to guest star on an episode and play with us. I'm pretty much taking the "Runnin' Sets" concept and bringing it to Calibur.

In addition to that I'm gonna take a shot and provide an analysis of that match, to have viewers understand where the losing player went wrong, why these players are making these decisions, and what are the things the dominant player is taking advantage of in the match. This is the one I'm most nervous about because I want it to be 100%, but theres nothing wrong in trying it. On the other hand, I'm pretty pumped about this one because it gives players something to look forward to after the character breakdown. So let's say, if we do a Pyhrra breakdown on Sunday, we have a grudge match between Ramon (a Pyhrra player) and someone else the following day, and analyze that match on Tuesday. Going a step further we could even move Hate Speech to Wednesday and have something for 8WR members to look forward to for 4 days out of the week!!! So, with that being said...

What do you guys think?

PS - I appreciate the support from all the illustrators, artists, photoshop people etc. if u have ANY ideas for a logo PLEASE feel free to Facebook, email, or PM me them. No concept is too stupid. I would like to get this started by next month seeing as how that's when the game drops and the sooner we have the small stuff done the better.

-For The Community. By The Community.

Back