Quinion's SC6 CaStle of the Unimportant

New junk...a 2P. a recreation, some experiments and animals, which seem very popular today

Yoshi 2P
Yoshi2P.png

Opteran, an escaped Fygul Cestemus experiment that now wanders the world looking for rotting carcasses and dung heaps
Opteran.png

Another Fygul Cestemus experiment, the Chimera
Chimera.png

Valkyrie, an experiment of my own, though not completely happy with the result (I anticipate revising/reposting her in the future)
Valkyrie.png

and a quasi-recreation from SC2, Spawn. Started with the fully malfested race, but the Voldo boots weren't available, so i re-started with the darksider base
Spawn.png

Bunch more in the works; probably have another update tomorrow

Greed is my favortie. And not because he was one of my favorites or something, but because you nailed it so much that the momento you put your eyes on him you inmediately think "oh, that's Greed"

BTW, you did a great job but if you accept advices, you can play with the body size to help getting the effect you want in the characters. For example, increasing Spawn's lower leg part would help to get a more spawn-like boots.

I love that Yoshimitsu costume! Fantastic helmet piece. I love how you kept the color palette in line with his flag! Very interesting clothing choices, but hot damn they worked out great! You knew just what to do here. I remember not being able to change the color of the skulls on those pauldrons, did you use stickers?
AWESOME Toki. I always struggle to use that body garment, but you did it perfectly. The gold lettering makes it look really nice.
Nice use of that same sticker with the gradient on Mitsu's pants btw. Elegant combination.
You had some of my all-time favorite creations in SCV, can't wait to see what else is in store.

Greed is my favortie. And not because he was one of my favorites or something, but because you nailed it so much that the momento you put your eyes on him you inmediately think "oh, that's Greed"

BTW, you did a great job but if you accept advices, you can play with the body size to help getting the effect you want in the characters. For example, increasing Spawn's lower leg part would help to get a more spawn-like boots.

Thanks. Yeah, in terms of the Spawn boots, that was a conscious choice, and why i called him a "quasi-recreation". My version is probably 50% comics version, 25% SCII version, 25% recreation compromises. I tried some larger proportions on the leg, but the thing that catches my eye there is the asymmetry in the SCII version. If they ever let us do asymmetrical proportions in the body sizes, that would be a different story.

I also tried to do the size thing with the cylinder, but that looked hideous. Those items you can't add patterns to really limit their utility. So I knew I was leaving a little bit on the table in terms of the recreation, but using the cape/collar and normal proportions seemed like a better overall look to me. Actually the face took about ten times as long to do as the rest of the CaS.

I did do the proportion thing on the Opteran/fly-guy, to make the goat legs extra skinny & spindly, and the opposite with the goat legs is a great effect too, where you thin out the thighs and max out the calves.

I love that Yoshimitsu costume! Fantastic helmet piece. I love how you kept the color palette in line with his flag! Very interesting clothing choices, but hot damn they worked out great! You knew just what to do here. I remember not being able to change the color of the skulls on those pauldrons, did you use stickers?
AWESOME Toki. I always struggle to use that body garment, but you did it perfectly. The gold lettering makes it look really nice.
Nice use of that same sticker with the gradient on Mitsu's pants btw. Elegant combination.
You had some of my all-time favorite creations in SCV, can't wait to see what else is in store.

Covered the skulls with the circle sticker, but took some work to size and place to keep them from bleeding onto the rest of the pauldron and/or the sleeve part.

Glad you liked Toki....he's very different from my SC5 version, but borrows the shade and cloak combo look from another Fu-Ma ninja I did back then, based originally on characters in that old Fu-Ma clan illustration:
Fu-Ma clan.png

OCs and some 2Ps/recreations

A.L.V.A (AeoLipylo-Voltaic Automata) the SteamKnight
ALVA.png

Manasa (OC for the one-shot contest)
Manasa.png

NM 2P based on the SCII Siegmare look
NM2P.png

Sophie 2P Based on Namco's Valkyrie/Cass's SC II alt
Sophitia2PValk.png

Sophie as a straight-up Valkyrie recreation
SophitiaNoDenetsu.png

A new OC, a couple of 2Ps and what was obviously a mistake

The Castaway, with a (surprise!) turtle shell shield except this time it's supposed to be a turtle shell........The idea here is a sailor shipwrecked in the central Indian Ocean. The island is abandoned, but frequently visited by hunting parties from nearby islands. His weapons and armor are made of stuff scavenged from shipwrecks, animal bones, and taken from attackers, kind of the Edgemaster of improvised warfare.Similar idea to a Cassandra alt I did for SC5, except she was trapped in Astral Chaos. Pretty happy with the granite cudgel.
Castaway.png

Sieg 2P (based on his SCIII 2P)
Sieg2P.png

Taki 2P (this time her SC4 2P)
Taki 2P.png

And fair warning to all, you won't be able to unsee this.
Not an Argonian Maid

Lizard Priestess
LizardPriestess.png

I told you

Great job on your Kilik.

Finally found out you can cover the fur on Purge/Aval gear thanks to your excellent Siegfried alt, but I’d rather you find a different hairstyle for him since you use the Raph hair for Kilik.

Lizard Priestess would be surprisingly hot if you’re into that kind of stuff.

Great job on your Kilik.

Finally found out you can cover the fur on Purge/Aval gear thanks to your excellent Siegfried alt, but I’d rather you find a different hairstyle for him since you use the Raph hair for Kilik.

Lizard Priestess would be surprisingly hot if you’re into that kind of stuff.

Thanks. But no Aval gear on Sieg; that's just the linen shirt over the unitard with stickers on the arms. Just one I think; iirc it's one of the clothing items that mirrors stickers to both arms.

Not sure why I keep doing SC4 recreations
Mina2P.png

Something a little different for my Cervantes alt, trying to put his very different 1P and 2P looks together in a cohesive design
Cervantes2.png

Tired of being freed from the limitations of Yoshi's mechanical arm, I decided to put it back
Yoshi3P.png

Messing around with the turtle shell collar, Mitsu cosplaying as Yasuo from LOL
MitsuYasuo.png

Just for fun, because mummies
TuskenRaider.png

Oh my goodness, that Tusken Raider and Yasuomitsu are excellent!! I hate to ask this and am very sorry but, can i borrow the latter's design for an idea i just came up with? I need to have something similar like it in my gallery when i get SC6! Amazing work by the way :D

Dat perfectly crafted tusken raider totally swept me off my chair
Thanks. Just started off as a try with the mummy race, just to see what pieces were missing. Simple except for the head, but turned out OK so I posted. Should find that one I did in SC5 to put in the old/new thread.

Oh my goodness, that Tusken Raider and Yasuomitsu are excellent!! I hate to ask this and am very sorry but, can i borrow the latter's design for an idea i just came up with? I need to have something similar like it in my gallery when i get SC6! Amazing work by the way :D
Sure, dude. It's just a recreation, use whatever you like

Thanks. Just started off as a try with the mummy race, just to see what pieces were missing. Simple except for the head, but turned out OK so I posted. Should find that one I did in SC5 to put in the old/new thread.

Sure, dude. It's just a recreation, use whatever you like

I don't recall that one, but yeah please post it for reference, since you were probably using a wider range of possibilities.
I haven't created any CAS with the mummy race just yet, but your tusken raider makes me wanna do one myself, and see if i can improve on your formula anyhow, and also because i know he'd be immensely popular with my kids :) So i take the challenge to do one myself without doing an exact replica of yours...
Raph is asking for permission to steal when he hasn't even got the game just yet, so he cannot face any legal action, clever greek philos :)

Back