Quinion's SC6 CaStle of the Unimportant

Quinion

[13] Hero
Some warm-up CaS as I get ready to return my Deluxe Edition (Season Pass code was ripped off and used before I put the game in the PS4, so no Tiras from me til I get my replacement copy). First post must be SC characters:

Arthur
Arthur.png

Kunpaetku Fygul Cestemus High Priest
KunpaetkuHighPriest.png

Steampunk Miser
SteampunkMiser.png

Like the new features in the editor; wish we could change the background to a different stage instead of just a wall of color. Despite the limited numbers of parts, plenty to still figure out with the new system.

Last edited:
Arthur: Redemption Leather Armor actually looks good for a samurai type. Moon gives it flair.

High Priest: That mask is pretty cool with the flame accents. Reminds me of Gwyndolin from Dark Souls.

Miser: Shame about the hammer since that top is really nice. Nice touch using the cogwheel as a shuriken.

Nice work!

Arthur: I love the bold simplicity of the design. The top is pretty flashy, but the simple undershirt and lightly detailed waist wrap help ground the design. Good work accessorizing the chest piece too. The crescent moon goes very well with the chest piece’s curved ornamentation. I see you also tied the shoulder armor to the arm using some kind of SpecEq, but I can’t tell what it is. This Arthur fits right in with the main cast. Rugged, masculine, classic.

Kunpaetku High Priest: Damn. Like something you’d see on Rupaul’s Drag Race. Flashy as hell. It's growing on me though. You used a very subdued outfit to round out the design. I can’t say it’s the prettiest creation I’ve seen, but it certainly pushes CaS into the realm of the abstract and gets you thinking. It’s also perfect for Kunpaetku zealots. Those guys shady af.

Miser: Great job blending the engineering top with the Seong skirt. You don’t see a lot of it, but that’s a handsome green/orange color scheme. One thing I’d have liked to see a bit more is some white to match the piercing whiteness of the shoulder armor. Another tiny thing that gave me pause is the flowers on the skirt, which I can’t quite reconcile with the strong engineering theme (toolbelt, hammer, goggles, gear, etc.) Overall, excellent design.

Thanks for the replies guys

More low-hanging fruit that's mostly finished; have about 15 CaS that are still just WIP as I get used to the new system. Sure wish I wasn't spending weeks on the road and had time to actually, you know, play the game...........

Rashir
Rashir.png

and a stab at Greed
Greed.png

Couple more almost done; hopefully have a chance to post before I have to hit the road again tonight......

Ton of good stuff flying around the forum here

Rashir looks extremely cool, the colors are perfect, as are the equipment choices, like a Vizir or a warrior prince. Really caught my eye this one Quinion.

Thanks, he came together pretty well. Wish there were better/more options for headgear for Middle Eastern styles, or if nothing else, enough equipment choices to be able to make some. Oh well, we found out today there are at least parts and stickers on the way.

Some new, some old (SC5 redux)

Mitsu 2p
Mitsu2P.png

Ashlotte (hat tip to @brucege for giving it the first try) this one on the automaton base
Ashlotte.png

Today's the day for tartans, I suppose; SC6 version of my sc5 interpretation of @Gatsu 's Dougall. Tried both Geralt moveset and Mitsu (with the two-handed sword), but he's just a big Claymore swinger to me now.........
Dougall.png

Toki
Toki.png

Reworked Greed and (steampunk) Miser. I agree with @EnduringSoul , seems like everything feels like a WIP right now......
Greed_Miser2.png

And one last one, some beards. Disappointed that the items we used to use are gone, but I've been messing around and got some OK (?) results:
Beards.png

Heart with the tiger-stripe pattern looks OK some in colors, but couldn't get it working for very light (white) or dark (black) colors, ends up looking "dead" in bad light. The shape also means limited usage...looks OK on noble types, but not so good on scruffier characters.

I have bad OCD that I notice how fake the beards look. Plus they’ll disappear with armor breaking. Yours are convincing enough, but I find that maybe some dirt stickers around it might make it look more natural.

Today's the day for tartans, I suppose; SC6 version of my sc5 interpretation of @Gatsu 's Dougall. Tried both Geralt moveset and Mitsu (with the two-handed sword), but he's just a big Claymore swinger to me now.........
View attachment 53956

LOOOL after years somebody remembers him! :D
I swear i was just talking about it today with @rdmunhoz (speaking just about a "celtic/scot" fighter), he just did a very good one too
https://8wayrun.com/threads/rdmunhozs-scvi-gallery.20566/

Btw i like that Toki too, remember me this guy

If you don't want watch it all go watch the face he get at 1:04... got same vibe, wich is cool because essentially that char is a master corrupted by demonic energy, same concept

Last edited:
I swear i was just talking about it today with @rdmunhoz (speaking just about a "celtic/scot" fighter), he just did a very good one too

If you don't want watch it all go watch the face he get at 1:04... got same vibe, wich is cool because essentially that char is a master corrupted by demonic energy, same concept

I saw the other, though mine was already done and figured this was the day.......Dougall was my go-to Siegfried style in SC5, though I always wanted to give him Mitsu style with that two-handed sword. Didn't have it 5; now that it's back it didn't matter...he'll always be Sieg style to me now. Great original design, glad you like him. Toki is another SC5 remake, though combined with another character....can't go wrong with that shade & surcoat combo

I just that love that scottish and arabian guys! Our scottish warriors could fight someday, on online highlands!

I love Rashir and Revenant a lot! For your various highly detailed creations, might I suggest either muting one of the primary colors in their overall chromatic scheme or sticking with a solid color as opposed to an intricate pattern. That way, it's not too overwhelming to look at without sacrificing the level of detail and intricacy. Keep up the good work here!

I love Rashir and Revenant a lot! For your various highly detailed creations, might I suggest either muting one of the primary colors in their overall chromatic scheme or sticking with a solid color as opposed to an intricate pattern. That way, it's not too overwhelming to look at without sacrificing the level of detail and intricacy. Keep up the good work here!

That's a fair criticism. But the way CaS is rendered in game, they so often look flat and dead, and virtually all of what I put on there is to keep the CaS I play the game with on equal (visual) footing with the main cast. Compare the official cast parts with the CaS parts, even the way they reflect light is different. Always the challenge is to make the CaS parts look as good as the "real" stuff. Less obvious in SC6, since the main cast parts are all available from the start, but thanks for the feedback !

Back