Raphael Combo Discussion

Tested and yes 4B Prep BBB 85 AB+BA works for 70 dmg.

You can also do 6 5 A+BA with the same timing.

against a raph cpu, I see the raph cpu manage to tech to his right (attacking raph's left). I thought that was mostly do to my own execution mistiming though. On the other hand, teching to your left is going into A+BA's strong side so that won't work.

if they tech right does it whiff or can they just block. sry for the questions, id test it if i had an xbox nearby

It'll whiff. Most of the time for "combos" it'll either hit or whiff. Teching usually allows them to escape to punish you and if you wanted to block you'd just block instead of tech.

So from limited testing:
- A+B must hit as the opponent falls flat against the ground (unless they are right in front of you, then you can A+B right away).
- teching forward, teching left, not teching, and being close (due to walls) don't require movement.
- teching back requires 6 or a step to our left.
- teching right requires a step to our left.
So always step left, A+BA to cover all options (this should have been a just frame, apparently then we could pile on the damage and have stupid good frames).

Found some Prep k(BE) combos. It's quite a stinger. All combos use 0.5 meter unless otherwise noted.

Prep k(BE) ~ W!
  • 66A+B ~ BT B+K - 100 damage
  • 66(B) ~ Prep A+B - 103 damage
  • 22B ~ A+BA - 111 damage
  • 66A+G - 122 damage
  • 4(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ A+BA - 126 damage
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ A+BA - 128 damage
  • 33k(BE) ~ CE - 132 damage / 2.0 meter
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep Bb(BE) - 133 damage / 1.0 meter
  • 66K ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep Bb(BE) - 134 damage / 1.0 meter
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ A+BA - 137 damage
  • B+G ~ W! ~ A+BA - 138 damage
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ CE - 153 damage / 1.5 meter
And another interesting one involving 8B+K. Note that you need to be at an angle just barely less than perfectly perpendicular to the wall - you can simulate this in training mode by doing 2B+K a certain number of times after doing Reset Position. I've made note of how many times is needed for which combo - generally, if 3A will not re-wall splat because of the angle to the wall is too great, 8B+K will stun. Good to know for continuing combos.

(2B+K) 1B ~ W!
  • 3A ~ W! ~ 8B+K ~ A+BA - 87 damage
  • 3A ~ W! ~ 8B+K ~ 3(B) ~ Prep Bb(BE) - 91 damage / 0.5 meter
(2B+K ~ 2B+K) 1B ~ W!
  • 8B+K ~ A+BA ~ 66A+B - 93 damage
  • 8B+K ~ 3A ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep Bb(BE) - 98 damage / 0.5 meter
And finally, two resets, in case you're into that sort of thing:

Prep k(BE) ~ W!
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 2A ~ 66A+G - 156 damage
  • 1B ~ W! ~ 2A ~ B+G ~ W! ~ 3A ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB - A+BA - 207 damage

33k(BE) ~ CE - 132 damage / 2.0 meter
1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ CE - 153 damage / 1.5 meter
Always found this annoying. I've used 33k(BE), CE maybe twice now.

On a side note, Heaton and Belial play Raph?

Drop me a PM some time and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

As for the combos: you know how sometimes you'll be at such an angle after your first wall splat (1B, 66K, B+G) that 3A will knock them parallel to the wall and you won't get the wall splat? 2*8B+K will tend to hit them and allow you to continue your combo, instead of having to end it prematurely. It's fairly easy to tell whether or not 3A will re-wallsplat or not, so give it a try the next time you're in the situation.

Did you just copy and paste the 2nd post ?

On a more serious note, good to see 8B+K usage. Previously I was slotting it into a "after B+K evade mixup" only.

Ahh... thanks...

please add to the list the following combos... these are the ones i use the most...

22B, 2A, forces stand
22B, 3A (leads to Wall combos), hits as a counter
22B, 2K, forces stand.. but there's no reason why you wanna do 2K over 2A.... i added it here because i used to do 2K until i got a habit of 2A.

-LAU

22B into 3K (force stand) is more damage than 2A but does suffers significantly from alignment issues (and is shorter range than 2A believe it or not). Very well i'll get a mod to add it.

The combo list in the first page is sorted as follows.
It's arranged into 3 sections : 1.0 = NH 2.0 = CH 3.0 = W! combos.
Within each section I've tried to seperate neutral stance, prep stance then SE stance.
Within each "stance" I arranged it by impact speed of the combo starter
Under each combo starter, I further arranged it by no meter, 0.5 meter, then 1.0 meter...etc
Under each meter-usage bracket, I arranged it by highest damage to lowest damage.

That is the most logical method of doing so.

22B -> 2A gets a nice juicy +8 frames and they are close enough for any sort of mixup.... that's always good.

-LAU

33k(BE) ~ CE - 132 damage / 2.0 meter
1B ~ W! ~ 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ CE - 153 damage / 1.5 meter
Always found this annoying. I've used 33k(BE), CE maybe twice now.

On a side note, Heaton and Belial play Raph?
I never liked Raph. I played him in 4 bc I felt it would help me to understand matchup better and ended up playin him a bit more than needed) I tried playing him in 5 but not much. Overall chars in sc5 don't have much depth so I switched to Zwei eventually

Back