Raphael Frame Data

Kolhell

[08] Mercenary
this is just a C+P of my first post from the other boards.

you know you love me.

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/kolhell/random/sc4 frame data.xls

when i finish ill type it up nicely in a forum post, but until then updating a spreadsheet is a -lot- easier for me.

and once again - mods feel free to edit this as you see fit.

edit: ok ive got a couple weird notations for the Prep stuff atm bc i cant figure out exactly how to find the impact frame on any of the Prep moves, so ill do my best to explain the current system until i come up with something better.

im going to use 3~Prep A as the first example - notice that the impact for the Prep A says -1. obviously you cant have a move hit before you press the button, so rather what this means is that using Prep A would take 1 less frame than if you were to block instead.

since 3B gives you a -14 frame disadvantage on block, its punishable by an i14 move if you opt to not Prep. if you use 3~Prep A instead then it will hit 1 frame faster than that, and it will trade with an i13 move.

now lets look at 3~Prep BBB:B. Prep BBB when blocked puts you at a -20 frame disadvantage, which means that if you stop after the 3rd B to guard you can be punished by an i20 move.

the final B (the JF) is listed at i-6, which means that it would take an i14 move after the 3rd B to trade with the JF B.

get it?

rofl i c+p my post from the other boards and didnt bother to notice that it copied the link w/ an ellipsis in there. anyways many thanks to cirex for pointing this out.

...stuff....

when i finish ill type it up nicely in a forum post, but until then updating a spreadsheet is a -lot- easier for me.

More stuff

I've got the basic ish down. If anybody has any ideas as to how I can test his stuff from stances, that'd be great.

Attack Speed:

i13 6B, K, FC 2A
i14 2A, 4A, WS K
i15 6A, 2K, 3K, FC K, BT K
i16 A, BT 2A, B, 2B, 3B, FC B, 6K
i17 1B, WS B, 33K
i18 BT A, BT B, BT 2B, 8A+B
i19 BT 2K, A+B, 2B+K, 6B+K, BT B+K
i20 1A, 3A, 4A, 236B, 44K, 66K
i21 22B
i22 66A, 4B, 66B, WS A
i23 22A, 1K, 22K, g8K*
i25 g8A
i26: 66A+B
i27 g8B
i28 44A
i29 11B, 2A+B

*For jumping K, B, and A, add a frame.

actually kolhell (guy's been away for quite a while ..at least in the forums) does have some interested prep stance based data.

Hitting someone with prep A after 3 is 1 frame faster than just blocking after 3B!!
Also, it seems that prep's auto-evade against highs are in full effect right after the impact frames, which he tested with 66 vs taki's faster highs.

Not exactly sure how he tested SEA moves and VE moves, but i'll take his word on it.

I transferred Kolhell's frame data to Raph's wiki page if anyone's actually interested in that.

Good job Kyper.

meanwhile, it looks like i'll be exploiting less frametraps...since it's more public now haha

I'm curious as to why there's no frame data for SEB moves.

well it's going to be VERY slow. as I assume that Kolhell used 3~2 on hit to test SEA moves against the slower moves of the game to get frame data. To get into SEB out of block takes so long, so the actual frame data isn't that important, but perhaps which of the move is fastest.

You can test perhaps by setting up prep and having it auto evade a high move (which raph will enter SEA), then raph will manually enter SEB and said move , while the opponant does a slower move and see what will clash.

---
some data i found is that SEA A is the only move that TC's until it hits, while SEA B and SEA K and get hit by highs (testing against amy's 6BB and kilik's A+K.

However, SEB B and SEB K will TC until it hits, while SEB A will get hit out of highs.

As for hit and guard data, SEB A seems to give a lot of advantage and forces BT. SEB B and K both give stuns. I think SEB A on block gives +1, SEB B gives -2 and SEB K gives -12.

Every gimmicky situation that raph has is one more stunned moment for the opponent. The man has substituted fundamentals for razzle dazzle.

Does anyone find it pathetic that for such a fast-based character, an i13 being Raphael's "fastest move" is fucking bogus?-_-......

If you don't understand what I mean, ASTAROTH has an i12. This is just bullocks.

Does anyone find it pathetic that for such a fast-based character, an i13 being Raphael's "fastest move" is fucking bogus?-_-......

If you don't understand what I mean, ASTAROTH has an i12. This is just bullocks.
I think the only time raph was thought of as a fast-based character was when we were looking at the preview of SCII. As soon as the character came out all those myths got busted.

o_O? Well like, in the nature of his fighting style I guess, technically he's not fast.

Siggy has i11's outta stances, lol.....Technically so does Raphael, but screw that...

so raphael has to be FC to have a mid hitting i13(his FASTEST), otherwise his i13 options are high.

I mean, okay, I'm done bitching, but we all compensate so much for his weaknesses o_o, no wonder he has to out think the opponent.

Ruiner

Back