Raphael General Discussion

I've hit opponents with Prep A because I hear them press buttons or see them out of the corner of my eye, it happens.

1B's evasion frames are early enough that you can recognize the prep transition and still do the move. Not entering prep is pretty much telling your opponent "here, free mixup, pleast take it"

Never said it was unsafe, but -14 hardly means you that you have room to reverse the momentum. BTW 3B is -14, AA punishable.

angelic fragment, I think you missed the point of my post. My post is about Cervy 1B shutting down options in Prep. Please advice if there are options in the stances that I'm not aware of that could possibly change this situation.

angelic fragment, I think you missed the point of my post. My post is about Cervy 1B shutting down options in Prep. Please advice if there are options in the stances that I'm not aware of that could possibly change this situation.

That 1B stuff is juice but Raph CAN do prep--> VE to avoid the 1B. VE A is free if Cervy attempts 1B. Of course you can just hit Raph out of VE on reaction so its really a mixup between 1B and looking for VE

I think that might work both ways. 1B will hit raph out of VE's active evasion frames if Raph does VE immediately after entering Prep (experience from playing against Piggy's raph, he may had been attempting a VE move), but maybe raph can recognize 1B and VE on reaction?

I see that my first post was not very clear, I've edited it to avoid confusion.

Hmm I'm messing around with it right now. It seems like you could 1B VE on reaction (this isn't difficult) the problem is if you're waiting to look for and its prep A they're doing you'll probably get CH'ed if you attempt a late 1B.

For as good as 1B is, you still seem to get hit a bit out of prep (eltoshan) :-p

but yes...taki / Cervy are pretty good against prep

however, against cervy, if entering prep, you can also just wait to VE the 1B, (if you know your opp will use this) and then Prep will run out and you can guard while you stare at each other...this is a bit theoretical sounding, but it should work (will test)...but it completely kills the prep rush

lame

haha yeah, despite how often I play against your Raph, sometimes I still forget about Prep A for no reason at all. Attacking after 44A is a bad idea on my part.

Egg, I don't need you pointing that out. Fast AAs beat 3~Prep A, you need to SEA to avoid punishment. Everybody knows about that as well, so what's the point of your post?

Egg, I don't need you pointing that out. Fast AAs beat 3~Prep A, you need to SEA to avoid punishment. Everybody knows about that as well, so what's the point of your post?

I didnt say prep A. I said 3, seriously see what happens. It goes into SEA automatically. No point just being a jerk...

It makes 3B fairly safe.

I didn't know that 3 went into SEA automatically, that's good to know. If you look back at my original posts, my concern with not going into Prep is that moves like 3B and 4B are basically offering your opponent a free mixup, and the rewards are not good even when the moves hit if you don't go for the prep transition. 3 being AA punishable is a post in reaction to this:

and 3B is safe

Back