Raphael media =/

Agreed.

However, I'm often dubious about walls preventing us from stepping away from vertical strikes. Sometimes I get the (faint) impression that nature finds its course and the dodge still happens, as if both fighters slide away from the wall (at least in some cases).
Then nature is far kinder to you than me.

I made another video. This time vs Tira and from the 2nd game onwards I was able to perform a couple of JG after a blocked save move. Its pretty effective against people that try to attack you immediately after a blocked move. Excuse the quality pls I am using the video output option and the PS3 video editor.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 1 video 1:55...
@ 2:04, I *** came.

amazing! You make him look S tier in this really scary in this. hiding dat tier talk

Thanks guys i will try to improve as i can see some of the flaws in my game. I try to use a variety of moves, not for the flashy and stylish purposes, but to throw the opponent out of pace. Auto GI`s, VE and JG are some of the right tools to do that especially when u are under pressure.

I have uploaded today couple more vs Alpha Patroklos

Part 1

Part 2
I did include a funny match vs some scrubby Natsu again with a JG.

I cannot upload the files from my PC for some reason so i am doing it from the PS3 video editor. I dont know why it divides the video file. I will try to upload whole 15 minutes sessions soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is my fight against Matt JF, yesterday in Polnad we have first turnament in SC5 sponsored by namco. Matt JF took 2nd place he win with me, guy is simply better and i never play against Pyrrha.
I had a couple stupid mistakes :) meybee next time i do it better.

This is my fight against Matt JF, yesterday in Polnad we have first turnament in SC5 sponsored by namco. Matt JF took 2nd place he win with me, guy is simply better and i never play against Pyrrha.
I had a couple stupid mistakes :) meybee next time i do it better.
You didn't take some of the guaranteed damage off blocked stabs/4AB's etc while he punished you pretty hard, although punishing stuff on block in the heat of the moment is something I'm sure all of us could improve on. Regardless he was able to pull away with damage discrepancy like that. Your exchanges in the neutral game were more or less even and so many rounds could have easily gone your way. A few less verticals out in the open from you would have avoided some damage in the later rounds, and he started picking up on the Prep transitions as well. It's something that happens with me too since I often start out strong with Raph but run out of steam slowly as the set goes on. I think if you tighten up the little things you have a good chance to beat him next time. He is NOT out of your league as far as skill is concerned.

Went to my first tournament yesterday and did bad but not as bad as I thought despite having no PS3 to play my copy of the game. This is the only recorded match of my Raphael from the tourney and didn't use Prep or SE enough as well as throwing out whiffed moves and not capitalizing enough.

Hey Gamegenie, you didn't do that bad!! Sure you missed several crucial throughout the fights but you're basic techniques are there. You're kind of like me, using AA, AB, kicks, and other neutral attacks that are great imo. Lately, a lot of the Raph players Ive seen are overusing 3B, Prep moves, Prep BB and 6BB BE, and 22B. These moves are important and do good damage but are too linear and dangerous if used too much. My style with Raph is focused on a variety of neutral moves more than SE and Prep. It's fine if you didn't use Prep or SE so much...in fact you don't want to use them often (you'll become vulnerable).

A few tips: Do Prep A+B after 66B. It's guaranteed and does the best damage. Do not try to get a ground hit with 1B, it whiffs easily. After 33B, do 66B+K for good damage. Throw out more 2A, 66B, 22B, 33B, kicks, and punish unsafe moves with 3B, Prep BB.
Thanks will do and I'm gonna get back at that Cervy player sooner or later.

Where the jG at ?

But on a more serious note, why can't 6BB fit in ? Does she TC again during her 2nd hit ?

I suck so hard at jG. And yeah, it seems like she TC after 66B so 6BB just gets you killed.

From the 2/25/12 Xanadu Games Monthly tournament. Couldn't make top 4 in order to play on the stream, but here are some cam matches.

Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Nas :sc5lei1:

Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Ms. Amethyst :sc4ivy1:

Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Promiethius :sc5nm1:

^ Best video title ever btw.

Raph got tossed around pretty good by Nig there lol. I should know, being a horrendous scrubby ass fraud and all.
Who are you and what did you do with Kowtow.

But yeah I really need to work on that match up a lot more, especially in this game because it is not like before. I made quite a few generic mistakes but there were also match-up specific stuff that I could have taken advantage of but couldn't do so because I'm not trained up on it yet. Those little things really do add up round by round. And with the way Raph plays in this game you need to punish people on a character-by-character basis, his own game isn't strong enough to carry through a set. At best he starts out strong and then runs out of steam.

It's me, here look. 37 minutes in is me being fully exposed as the fraudulent scrub that I really am by one of Toronto's players.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/309867279

The names never got changed, that is definitely me playing. I'd recognize those scrubby patterns anywhere. If I keep this up people are gonna start thinking Raph is a bad character or something, when it's really just me being exposed as a fraud.

EDIT: 1:42 is me being exposed by Vints, come watch me get beat the fuck up and embarrass Raphael!
(oh the stick was borrowed from my friend Valei, who does indeed keep chocolates stashed in the cord holder of his TE sticks. That's smart!)

4:05 if you want to see a really good Sieg player showing a garbage fraudulent scrub too much respect and throwing the match away. I have no business beating anyone with my trash bullshit scrub playstyle, as shown by what may be the worst Natsu you will ever see in your life fully exposing me.

Smart move by NeoRussell to start talking about showing the player cam, so everyone can see what a miserable ugly fat angry piece of shit waste of life I am, too. That's good TV for the internet.

Hey Hudath, good job man. Excellent use of 2A, 22A, and 22B. A couple problems I noticed was that nightmare was flapjacking you over and over again. You can just block low to avoid it and then retaliate. Also imo, throwing some kicks in there might make it easier for Raph. It's good to maintain distance like you did, but you can use 66B and 236B more often to try to nail them from a distance. And maybe not try to go for 22B all the time??

Im not trying to sound like a know-it-all and you're probably better than me lol. Im just giving my opinion.
I play Promiethius all the time and he knows the match up, you haven't seen the casual matches between me and him where I don't get away with a lot of stuff and that's why I need to play against him conservatively. As for flapjacks I didn't react quick enough to 6K his empty strides so I chose to guess the low throws rather than ducking into WS B which is something he does a lot. The big thing for me in that set was actually moving too much and getting counter-hit in certain situations instead of standing still and block, and not 4(B)'ing his GS K BE's. I also missed a couple of block punishes because I wasn't ready for them. It'll all come with time.

22B is a great move I gotta go for it, just have to pick up more match-up experience to see when I have the time and space to get the move out. I also haven't been putting 3B's on people as much, opting to use 22B instead so I'll switch those up to so I can deny the space in front of me better.

Back