Raphael Video Discussion

at -4 to +4 (provided you are close enough) 2K is the lowest risk move to locking people down if they try to side step. It will fail against other stuff, but seeing as side stepping is the biggest counter to Raphael, you should get them to respect that. What you do with your -2 on hit after 2K is up to you though.

at -4 to +4 (provided you are close enough) 2K is the lowest risk move to locking people down if they try to side step. It will fail against other stuff, but seeing as side stepping is the biggest counter to Raphael, you should get them to respect that. What you do with your -2 on hit after 2K is up to you though.
2K(and 2A) is also good choice. I forget that.

I concerned that too often upload video. Anyway, I upload video again. I hope that you like it. have fun. :)

plz, help me. I dont break Leixia's 66B set up. advice for me.

If you get in the habit of trying to JG the second hit of 66BB you hit a good stride.

If it's 66B4, then you see it coming seeing as you tried to see the second hit, and don't get GId.

If it's 66BB you JG it and reap some benefits.

If it's 66BbB you are ready, see the lightning, and B+K that shit.

If she starts mixing up with 66B grab etc, then you can try and 4B, but that's up to the situation.

If you get in the habit of trying to JG the second hit of 66BB you hit a good stride.

If it's 66B4, then you see it coming seeing as you tried to see the second hit, and don't get GId.

If it's 66BB you JG it and reap some benefits.

If it's 66BbB you are ready, see the lightning, and B+K that shit.

If she starts mixing up with 66B grab etc, then you can try and 4B, but that's up to the situation.

Thank you Zanaken.

and, I find simple solution. 2nd hit can be evaded with side step to Raphael's right. It is easier than JG. truly too easy...

i simply recorded this for master macro and he will be in here later to talk about it please direct all your questions to him his 8wayrun username is macro
[youtube]
youtube]

but, It was nervous because the competition? The latter play was great that advice colorless.
Would you rephrase this last part please? It doesn't make sense.

I must advise against using "A" in some kind of ambiguous or disadvantaged situation. The moment Raphael starts making his poor AA readable or even guessable like a proper i14 AA, you get TC interrupted for half life counterhit combos. Not appropriate reward. Single A does not enable AB.

Does representing "random AA" funnel your opponent into anything Raphael likes? I don't think it does. I only like waving it around with people who have serious problems approaching.

Stick to 3A and 2K. They are moves that like to be planned around, I think because of this: They can have the most ambiguity in your intent, they give away the least of your thinking, which means more freedom for you. This quality, on top of being good pokes, make them a strong basis. Additionally, since they are , in cases, your -sole- chance to interrupt, you basically must think about the times when you will be using them.

By the way PizaNiko, after 2/8B+K you should follow with A+BA 66A+B. Anything else is a waste of meter really. 1A works well after hitting with a grounded 66A+B.

I like to 2B+K A+BA 3A+B:5 it is a meaty punish, but iPrep isn't guaranteed.

I played this matchup in a long set vs this guy. 214B isn't so bad but 3B really affects the matchup in my opinion. Being able to punish some of the spacing tools other characters can't is definitely nice. I know of the punishes I missed in this particular vid and not doing anything about 1B BE but otherwise feel free to judge me harshly.

I played this matchup in a long set vs this guy. 214B isn't so bad but 3B really affects the matchup in my opinion. Being able to punish some of the spacing tools other characters can't is definitely nice. I know of the punishes I missed in this particular vid and not doing anything about 1B BE but otherwise feel free to judge me harshly.
You gotta be less apprehensive in approaching your target, and executing certain moves - like Prep. If you ignore his higher damage options, by not giving yourself an opportunity to go into them; you will be pushing time out with his low poke damage.

Being able to punish some of the spacing tools other characters can't is definitely nice. I know of the punishes I missed in this particular vid and not doing anything about 1B BE but otherwise feel free to judge me harshly.
I was about to, then I saw that you won. What can I say?
Prep BBB is good, try it on? You didn't even lose a round.
I hope you're aware that he told you at the end of the first round he has shit wake-up. But you won, so... push your limits more? You were excessively passive. You will keep winning like that, but you won't keep learning.

Your wake-up kind of ran on an eggtimer, too. Good thing he doesn't know the 1B BE followup. And I think I only saw one horizontal. You should have tested if his wakeup really was shit. You should have frustrated - no, I think he already was, but you could have stepped a ton of his game, and I think he was pissed at the zone you were playing in because this guy don't know how to control your movement there (i.e., he has crap approach).

I see what you guys mean after watching. I worry so much about Raph getting stepped that I focus more on being annoying with spacing. I can only think of spamming 3A and 22A to stop movement. I was trying all kinds of things with the Prep entries to see how he reacted (<3 4B). Had Prep BBB stepped in an earlier match and got a little afraid to use it.

Mandritti: Not sure what you mean by the egg timer statement.

Hey! Had today some nice fights with an pretty good Raph player. My Raph MU know-how is not the best because almost nobody plays that damn char, haha :D Anyway the fights were a lot of fun.

Mandritti: Not sure what you mean by the egg timer statement.
You were like "roll, roll roll, stand up. roll, roll, roll, standup." I mean, Ivy 1B BE is strong full stop, but it looked like the guy had -just- begun to exploit that about you, yourself.

Thanks for posting, Rome!

Piza Niko, has anyone ever introduced you to "Google Equilibrium"? I don't recall you saying what language you're coming from, but I'm positive it must be amusing to work with.

Oh that's not a constant issue. I was trying to figure out which sides his moves caught when I rolled. Ivy's pretty annoying in that regard.

...judge me harshly.

You Suck! <3

And don't listen to what these guys said. You dominated...why do anything differently? My only real criticism is minor, but important...your spacing is good and he whiffed a lot of stuff - be ready to 236B the shit out of him when he does that. Or 66B or whatever you want...but get your free damage in when you are given it.

Back