Raphael's SCV Command List

what do you mean special gameplay?

There were videos in the museum-type area of the game, I believe. I love that video, it's hilarious to see Voldo leapfrog into lava. Never gets old. And Raphael owns in it.

Here, I found the link on YouTube.

Earlier, people were mentioning how Raph needs a retreating attack. Well, he still has 44K, which is kind of a dodge and then attack move. It is to useful to me when I play Raph. If Raph is close to the opponent and lands his kick, there's a position switch and Raph can do extra damage with a back turn attack. If Raph is far away, his kick still causes KND and Raph can add damage with 1A or 2K. Don't forget that 4B can duck highs and then go into Prep. After 4B, Raph doesn't have CH stunning A anymore, but he could use Prep A+B, Prep AB and then BBB, BBB alone, or even Prep K. The opponent has no time to shake the stun before Prep K lands (and BE that follows) when 4B stuns. They might be able to shake 4B and avoid Prep A+B cuz its a slower move.
What I really want is Raph to at least have his retreat step back. Raph still has 236 B but it is not advance step (I don't get why he doesn't have 236 K, A, and A+B if he has 236B. They may not be advance step moves but they can still exist). If 11B can move back to 236A+B, I would be pretty happy because then Single Montante can move to 11B, and his Grave Needle can return to 1BB. 214A in SC3 had amazing knockback, and I want it back. His 214B can be his SC2 version with GI properties and K can be 66K or Prep K. By the way, why did the developers take away advance step from the male characters and allow female characters to keep them in SC4??
When i mentioned Raphael in the stream today, the commentator mentioned Raphael something about one of Raphael's problems and the developer sitting next to him said that's just the way he is. I hope they still are changing him and trying to improve him. Just giving him more damage to his verticals is not really fixing him nor improving him all by itself. As the games progressed it seemed like they just nerfed him and improved Amy , no disrespect to Amy she's a good character. Raphael's movement improvements are what I want the most because if all they did was give him strong verts, the quick step mechanic will keep it hard for raph. I really hope the developers are putting thought into Raph because not a single person has seriously used him in the tournament yet.

When i mentioned Raphael in the stream today, the commentator mentioned Raphael something about one of Raphael's problems and the developer sitting next to him said that's just the way he is. I hope they still are changing him and trying to improve him. Just giving him more damage to his verticals is not really fixing him nor improving him all by itself. As the games progressed it seemed like they just nerfed him and improved Amy , no disrespect to Amy she's a good character. Raphael's movement improvements are what I want the most because if all they did was give him strong verts, the quick step mechanic will keep it hard for raph. I really hope the developers are putting thought into Raph because not a single person has seriously used him in the tournament yet.

I agree. It's disappointing that they seem to have not put as much work into Raph as they have into others. :/

But I'll be using him regardless, character loyalty and all that. Of course, I don't plan on making it very far in tournaments. XD

Character loyalty too. that prepA+B looks like it will be easily stepped or easily blocked after people get used to seeing him retreat like he does from prep.

http://fr.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/301725131
part2/ min 6:50 Raphael vs Patroklos / min 45:30 Raphael vs Ivy, Raphael vs Pyrrha
Many thanks !

Character loyalty too. that prepA+B looks like it will be easily stepped or easily blocked after people get used to seeing him retreat like he does from prep.
Perhpas we can mix with the new 44B ? It's slow, but it's startup animation resembles prep A+B. And again steppers, sc2 4A could do the trick.

He gained 6A(B)~prep, prepA(B)~prep, and prep214~prep.
However, he lost SEA (B)~prep.

Hopefully, the frames on 6A(B) is as good (or better) than SEA (B) to prep entry because 6A(B) looks to be high, high (lets wish the 2nd hit is not crouchable if the first is blocked). I don't see 6A(B) belonging in any particular role except for being the best prep-entry move by frames (compensated by being high, high, and 1st hit is short ranged), and especially because its prep equivalent prepAB is inferior to prepBB until frame data is released.

Something else you can see is that Prep moves can be input very late in the stance - right up until the end. This makes sway and prepbackstep much more easily abused evasions. it makes them into -something-, I'm not sure what. Something that gets me worried about breakability.

The man who translated Daishi-san for Bibulus, (who, apparently, does not get his name emphasized enough) and obliges us English speakers with Dev commentary for other casts, said in one video that Raphael's "1BB" goes to prep.
Whether he misspoke 11BB or something else, he said there is a prep transition no one is using. An outdated build? A scrapped idea? Or just a complete crossing of brain wires?

addition- from the Media thread:
Ive also said this in another place but 11BB and 1B need to switch places. It's more natural for Single Montante to be an 8wr move than Grave Needle. Grave Needle as an 8wr whiffs too easily.
Agree.

But I still miss SC2'a A+K and B+K.
Is the 2_8_4_6 B+K series still exist? I hate that move, it needs to go away.

Raphael does have a front-facing Cantarella Needle of some sort. It was able to track Ezio stepping right a tiny distance, and caused knd.
If the two auto-evade stances are indistinguishable when they don't activate, that gives you concealed information. I don't know if I agree that philosophy is best for Fighter Games, but it's a plus for Raph, if at the cost of being versatile.

On 1B now being 11B, a lot of characters have had some basic lows moved to 8WR type moves. I'm not sure of the exact reason, but it's something that's been done for many moves.

Also people will learn to fear 22a > super, he doesn't need BBB to track step. That'd be too strong, maybe some other verts can track to one side or the other but not that one.

Also if there was an extension for 1B, I didn't find it. Then again I don't typically mash unless there's some specific reason for it. Maybe a little button mashing would have done some good in accidentally finding new moves lol.

Something else you can see is that Prep moves can be input very late in the stance - right up until the end. This makes sway and prepbackstep much more easily abused evasions. it makes them into -something-, I'm not sure what. Something that gets me worried about breakability.

The man who translated Daishi-san for Bibulus, (who, apparently, does not get his name emphasized enough) and obliges us English speakers with Dev commentary for other casts, said in one video that Raphael's "1BB" goes to prep.
Whether he misspoke 11BB or something else, he said there is a prep transition no one is using. An outdated build? A scrapped idea? Or just a complete crossing of brain wires?

addition- from the Media thread:

Agree.

Raphael does have a front-facing Cantarella Needle of some sort. It was able to track Ezio stepping right a tiny distance, and caused knd.
If the two auto-evade stances are indistinguishable when they don't activate, that gives you concealed information. I don't know if I agree that philosophy is best for Fighter Games, but it's a plus for Raph, if at the cost of being versatile.
1BB whatever that is it sounds exciting.

Wonder if 3A catches 1 side (opposite of 6A). 33A will be his answer to moves that TS and TC hopefully. Jeez i'm more interested in his horiztonals right now than his prep and verticals lol

the move you're talking about is his 8A. Its obviously even slower than his 8A in sc4, but hopefully its a mid (and raph TCs at the end?)

66A tracking to more than 90 degrees off raph's right was really encouraging (so that raph ends up backturned after hit).

22B into 3A seems like a pretty shitty combo though unless you get the wall splat.

And lastly, 66A+B seems air controllable right away, so I don't even know what to do after that if even BT B+K is not guarnateed.

It'll probably de-evolve into 22B~A+BA/33K:B for combo damage or 22B~3A, 66(B) pressure with GB. Find out if your opponent is competent at reading your "mixup" or settle for the more reliable damage.

Far hit Wyvern's Tail might combo into BT B+K .. now. The range where you needed to delay the B+K/B or it read it in front-face in IV, Raphael launches someone in a video and they are close on his backside.

8A rewrite is so clever. Yeah it *better* TC, I want to look stylin' and dodge both hits of those low + high attacks from Maxi. Does it do 8AB? 8AB~Prep?

Back