Resident Evil Discussion

Resdient Evil Discussion

Anyone here gonna get the DLCs for Biohazard 5?

New Mercs are Excella, Josh, Barry and Rebecca. Barry and Josh look awesome!!!

Resdient Evil Discussion

Anyone here gonna get the DLCs for Bioazard 5?

New Mercs are Excella, Josh, Barry and Rebecca. Barry and Josh look awesome!!!

Barry Burton is just badass. Uses his Magnum from RE1 for Melee attacks. And I am a huge fan of Rebecca Chambers.

Think I found my favorite new characters to go with Safari Chris.

Rebecca for main! Yeah!

Resdient Evil Discussion

Yeah, Excella, Josh, Barry and Rebecca, along with two new costumes/weapon sets for both Chris and Sheva, are for Mercs Reunion. Also adding the Chris + Jill Spencer mansion mission from the flashback in RE5, and Josh and Jill escaping to the helicopter (and Jill contacting Chris about Wesker's weakness) together as the second new mission. Sorry most of this was probably known but just posting for those who don't. If anyone has live I'll play with them.

Resdient Evil Discussion

lost in nightmares dlc is out on xbl. features barry and excella in mercs reunion. 5 new acheveos.

Resdient Evil Discussion

Lol havn't playd re5 in ages. I used to be the top UK mercenaries player in a few of the maps, ofc im sure im not now.

W8 new excella dlc? How does she play like? Is her special move headclap?? bravooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

Resdient Evil Discussion

also, Costume pack one is out too.

Its the Fairy Tale Sheva and Warrior Chris for BOTH campaign and Mercs Reunion mode.(although the DLC description SAID Busniess Sheva and Heavy Metal Chris. LOL)
In Mercs Reunion(which is a seperate mode from the game's built in Mercs mode so no Midnight Wesker with Barry or Safari Chris with Rebecca) It appears to be the same set of levels to start with 2 new ones near the end.

Excella is fun.
Leg Stun = Humiliate = Pulls enemy up by their ear, the backhands them while laughing.
Knees Stun = First Aid = she stabs a syringe in the Majini's neck, seconds later they explode.
While Down = Heel Stomp = Like Ivy, but no grinding.
Face Stun = Heel Kick = Excella Turns around and kicks them with her heel.
Weapons include...
3 round burst pistol+ ammo
AK-47 + Ammo
First Aid
Nade Launcher + Electric rounds

Lost In Nightmares is actually very short. With the end fight being the only real nuisance(see: challenge). However, the nostalgia factor shuts me the fuck up and Im enjoying it. Very very much.

Resdient Evil Discussion

Until Rebecca comes out(next week?). Excella and Barry have been keeping me amused. Barry has throwback lines to RE1 "What IS this!?" during his downed enemy attack made me LOL.

MercsR(what I am calling it now), seems better. Overall in some way...maybe its Midnight Wesker's absence that has me feelin like that?

I did beat the "Lost In Nightmares" scenario on Professional (beating the damn thing a total of 3 times) so yeah, its not really all that hard if you play it correctly, shit. You don't even have to fire a single bullet until the boss fight.

Resdient Evil Discussion

I think the different scenarios of RE 2 were awesome. Varying puzzles, item and enemy/boss setup kept the game interesting. I wonder why they didn't put that in the other RE games or any Capcom games for that matter.
It would have helped Onimusha or DMC a big deal.
Different scenarios are easy to put in a game i think but greatly increase replay factor.

By the way does anyone else think Capcom should make a crossover between DMC and Onimusha?
Dante could teach Samanosuke how to do SSS combos. While he learns chain criticals.
Some old bosses like that Griffon Birdy and Gertrude and some new bosses as well as Nobunaga and Mundus.
RE 2 like varying scenarios for Dante and Samanosuke, Tadaa tons of money for Capcom.
Tons of fun for me :)

Resdient Evil Discussion

ok...For starters, I just went through unlocking MercsR's stages...They're the exact same, heh. Its been a while since I played this too, honestly.

LiN's Enemies are
1. A new type of executioner, he has a eyeball weakspot on his back. The place is crawling with them(in harder difficulties, they'll appear in the small, cramped hallways after you do some puzzle solving.) Don't get to close, they emit a poison cloud when shot or stabbed at AND if they grab you and your parnter can't help you for whatever reason, you just die.
2. A "playing dead" Zombie, they are scattered about the level, if you get close they leap up and grab you. Forcing you to shake them or have a partner get rid of them. They are insanely weak, but a nuisance if you don't deal with them or remember where they are.

LiN is basically, a throwback to RE's old back tracking/puzzle solving while under pressure. Like I said, I ran through it on Professional playing old-school RE speed run style and just running past all the enemies. And I did it solo with AI Jill, who sadly...Is no better than AI Sheva in the main game. Now if you're trying to S rank it on Professional, best of luck to you.

LiN has a hidden easter egg.
http://kotaku.com/5475378/how-to-unlock-the-resident-evil-5-dlc-classic-camera/gallery/

Classic RE fixed camera :D

NOSTALGIA! YAY!

I've been hearing LiN is extremely short, like under an hour short. Kinda sucks I guess, but I'm still gonna get it.

Also, I heard there are apparently new team moves for MercsR, like Sheva's impale getting replaced by something else if partnered with Excella, etc.

Back