Reversal edge discussion and thoughts (read Namco <3)

kj209

[08] Mercenary
Namco Reversal edge should have a limited use something like only 3 times a match you can reversal egde. My reason being it will probably never be used in high level play and if it does get used unlimited use seems overpowered. having it limited would make it more strategic in high level play if it ends up being used in high level. and less annoying in low level play because more than likely at low level it will be spammed to death and very rarely used in high level. having reversal edge have a limited number of uses would be a better experience for both new and old players of soulcalibur alike.

I was going to but I feel like this topic is important enough to have its own thing I just wanted to make it easier to find for Namco and the people who are worried about reversal edge and how it may get over used and make matches 70% reversal edge guessing

It's not really that much of an issue. Watch the high level gameplay of Silent Joel versus Hyrul, or anything by Silent Joel on SC6, the reversal edge is not used that much, but is still used enough to justify it existing.

It's slow, step-able, and it only gives you a RPS mindgame. It isn't used that much because it's not very good to begin with.

I just worry it will hurt the game for beginners more than anything and possibly be annoying for everyone else but maybe I'm wrong

Back