Reversal edge mechanic master post by Trace_afj

Its a defensive option (G) with a built in vertical attack (B)

Maybe grabs track really well now (like SC5 and not like SC4)

Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of this mechanic. I'll say it potentially ruins the game. For the first time since I started playing the games (SC2), this will not be an immediate buy for me. I'll have to rent it a few times to gauge how i feel about RE and how it affects online matches.

I watched Aris's stream and despite the positive comments they had to say about it concerning the depth and complicated possible outcomes, the fact of the matter is its panic button mulligan of sorts. Scrubs don't really have to care about the details. All they need to know is it potentially gets them out of situations they otherwise had no answer for, and even possibly free damage.

I suspect this is lesser of an issue for tournament level players generally speaking than for example someone who's skill level and game knowledge lies somewhere in between that and strictly casual/new players. Those people (myself among them) wont be able to consistently recognize, read and avoid the REs and end up eating a lot of damage we otherwise could have avoided without this mechanic. I feel it essentially rolls everyone who isn't really good at the game into the same skill level. Or at least the match outcomes will indicate that.

Last edited:
I'm looking for footage of both participants guarding on duel 1 & or 2, or at least a clue to help me find it.
Please & thanks, y'all.

I'm looking for footage of both participants guarding on duel 1 & or 2, or at least a clue to help me find it.
Please & thanks, y'all.

I recall seeing some in some very early Mitsurugi / Sophitia builds before people knew much about RE, but that was also quite some time ago.

I wonder if the instigator also wins RE 2nd round if both use movement, maybe the instigator gets frame Advantage? Could be tested like RE 2nd round, same character, both use forward step and, then, do the same attack.

I wonder if the instigator also wins RE 2nd round if both use movement, maybe the instigator gets frame Advantage? Could be tested like RE 2nd round, same character, both use forward step and, then, do the same attack.

I'm holding to a hope that post RE advantage based on steps is more diverse in a match up heavy sorta way. I'll keep my eye out for this, it hadn't much occurred to me.

Ay y'all, I'm told there's no manual input for GI during RE. I've had a no luck finding footage of it. Did y'all experience otherwise during the beta?

I've had 2nd round double movement several times. There seems to be more frame advantage for either side. You just go back to neutral. We never did double forward step,but on double side step and double backstep or 1 sidestep and 1 backstep, we were neutral on frames, it lookedl ike.

Back