Rise of Leixia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiUrahara

ATL's FINEST Leixia SA Mod
So the 'low-tier' Tira wins EVO , no Leixia in top 8 kinda a disappointment because we had some pretty good Leixia players there. Looking at Decapon matches we see a lot of skill, great reading, aggression, good mind games, and pro execution. This shows us that it's not the character but the player... Tira got nerfed worse than leixia, pretty bad actually. This is just a word of motivation, I know most of you are struggling with the nerfed lex but don't give up on her because she has more than the tools she needs to be a beast we just have to bring that out.

So let's go team Leixia! If Tira can top Leixia can too!

Tira was broken before the patch (one of the games developers used this exact word to describe her when I talked to him at European Finals) and she is still very strong, Leixia is not. But yeah, impossible is nothing (see Kura in SC4)

They gave Tira a lot of nerfs but they also buffed her in the patch too to make up for it. She's definitely worse but the changes were more about changing her playstyle rather than crippling her.

Leixia got similar nerfs but no buffs, and then they took away double CE which was a nail in the coffin.

I clearly put low tier in ' ' punctuation -_-

However, Ring I have to disagree with you there teach. Reason being is because when we compare the two there's not much difference in terms of playability, meaning that Leixia can be played the same way as Decapon Tira.

Leixia Pros:
Shes safe
good grab damage
great mix ups
fast AA
punishes most of the cast pretty hard and well
great speed
best TCs in the game
good soul crush game

Cons:
Low damage
no lows to fear of
covers little range

add more if im missing something....

Tira Pros:
great damage
covers more space
has great lows
B+K auto GI
good stepping
good throw damage

Cons:
unsafe
doesnt punish hard
OK mix ups

How does Leixia punish hard? You get like what... 40-50 damage for a punish?(Unless it is 4k which is like a 26 damage combo).

Other than that I agree with Shenji's Leixia rundown. I still do not see how she is anywhere close to Tira's playstyle though.

Well it's more like her punishes lauches the opponent, put them in FC, or flips them across the screen lol... in terms of damage she will need meter to punishes really hard, however, her 6KK, 4K, 1B, 3B all do not much damage alone but they are set ups for mix ups that can LEAD to a lot more damage.

EDIT: You constantly spell my name wrong lol

I clearly put low tier in ' ' punctuation -_-
Yup I saw it. (I don't think either of us ever thought Tira was garbage.) Still, Tira's underused and so I figured threads like this would be bound to start popping up all over the SAs of other underused characters. (Exhibit A: Leixia...) Because Decopon "inspired the rest of the community" or something.

As for pro/cons... Green=agree Orange=disagree
Leixia Pros:
Shes safe - (Yes)
good grab damage - (45 dmg B grab?.... Nah)
great mix ups - (decent ones, Ok I'll give you that)
fast AA - (Yes)
punishes most of the cast pretty hard and well - (punishes often, but not hard)
great speed - (Yes)
best TCs in the game (lol... Maxi 6A+B? Natsu 66B/22A? Pyrrha 22K?)
good soul crush game (Yes)
Zero's EDIT: Fast Meter gain should be here too

Cons:
Low damage (...sigh, yes. this is the killer)
no lows to fear of (Yes)
covers little range (range isn't that bad actually)

Tira Pros:
great damage (Yes)
covers more space (Yes)
has great lows (Yes)
B+K auto GI (aGI is only ok. Not that great)
good stepping (Yes)
good throw damage (Yes. Especially GS throws)

Cons:
unsafe (hm? pretty sure her staple moves are safe except JS 66AA. What else is really unsafe?)
doesnt punish hard (Whaa? Gloomy 4K is a fantastic punisher, i12 KND into 66B? her 3A is i14 and hit confirmable. BE is 70+ NC)
OK mix ups (236K BE is unseeable, though. doesn't that count)

Well it's more like her punishes lauches the opponent, put them in FC, or flips them across the screen lol... in terms of damage she will need meter to punishes really hard, however, her 6KK, 4K, 1B, 3B all do not much damage alone but they are set ups for mix ups that can LEAD to a lot more damage.

EDIT: You constantly spell my name wrong lol

Shinji Shinji Shinji Shinji

Fixed

And now I see what you mean. I also use the 1b ender to go into mixups, and I agree about her strings. To me damage would just be a bonus, I still think she is viable without it. It would still help though.

When I start competing in tournaments with I will dominiate with Leixia. You all will feel stupid for ever thinking that Leixia was low-tier.

We'd probably be seeing more good results if there were more people playing her. The problem is that there aren't that many tactical reasons to choose Leixia. Liking your character only goes so far for many players.

^ Lol I like the way you organized that.

I honestly know jack dilly squat about Tira so just went with guesses lol...

But her A+G grab does really damage for a grab.
She can only cover space with 66B, 66AA, 66K, 22_88A, 44A, 44B while tira jumps across the screen
Tira's B+K is like Amy's is it not? GIs the same thing? (I know if u use it on a long range attack she can't grab you and she's left at disadvantage but who'd do that?)

Well what are Tira's cons then? O.O

EDIT: this post is towards ZeroEffects o.o

Shinji Shinji Shinji Shinji

Fixed

And now I see what you mean. I also use the 1b ender to go into mixups, and I agree about her strings. To me damage would just be a bonus, I still think she is viable without it. It would still help though.

Exacta! Leixia is just pro with the mix ups, which is why she needed damage nerf. She is a character that requires you to outsmart your opponent with pressure mix ups and great mind games. People are used to playing bread and butter characters that doesnt require the extra work.

Exacta! Leixia is just pro with the mix ups, which is why she needed damage nerf. She is a character that requires you to outsmart your opponent with pressure mix ups and great mind games. People are used to playing bread and butter characters that doesnt require the extra work.

I agree with you but I dont think she would be OP with good damage. She has great mixups though, that is why I love playing her so much.

^ Lol I like the way you organized that.

I honestly know jack dilly squat about Tira so just went with guesses lol...

But her A+G grab does really damage for a grab.
She can only cover space with 66B, 66AA, 66K, 22_88A, 44A, 44B while tira jumps across the screen
Tira's B+K is like Amy's is it not? GIs the same thing? (I know if u use it on a long range attack she can't grab you and she's left at disadvantage but who'd do that?)

Well what are Tira's cons then? O.O

EDIT: this post is towards ZeroEffects o.o

Tira cons are that she's really only strong in Gloomy. Jolly has decent spacing but not really any damage unless she shifts mid combo. That's why the nerfs were there to make Gloomy more of a berserker mode that's not as easy to get and maintain. Only guaranteed mood shift is after JS CE.

B+K aGI only GIs vertical and horizontal mids. No highs, No stabs, No body attacks. it's asura if Kilik stood still

Jumping across the screen for covering range is not... a good idea, she can be Air GIed on reaction for tons of damage.

I see... and lol yeah just throwing that out that there for the Lulz but her 66AA is unsafe idk what else she spaces with. I saw decapon doing some kick move which launches both of her legs in the air idk if thats safe or not.

I see... and lol yeah just throwing that out that there for the Lulz but her 66AA is unsafe idk what else she spaces with. I saw decapon doing some kick move which launches both of her legs in the air idk if thats safe or not.
That would be 3K (6K in SC4) the handstand kick. or the swing kick (WS K) both TJ (swing kick also TCs... poor Asta) and are completely safe even to JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back