Rock General Discussion

IIRC, 9B will actually give you a ground throw. And A is pretty decent for RO to his left, if you can catch them open at range.

8B -> GT is guaranteed.. unless they tech... which 90% of the time they will....

9B -> GT isn't unless there's wall simply because they are knocked out too far

-LAU

IIRC = If I Recall/Remember Correctly

For all of your non-Soulcalibur-specific acronym needs, go to urbandictionary.com

Wish I could get to EVO. :X

Anyway, I was looking at a few of my old tourney vids, and it seems that I've actually been JF dashing (or thereabouts) without even knowing it. Not often, but now that I have a better idea of what it looks like I can see it happening. Not lately, though, so I should try it again.

I will be the loan Rock player... that's a lot of pressure on this weak old man's shoulders...

I may just not go too...

I'll be at EVO, but I'll mostly be playing Nightmare. I'll whip him out at casuals though... or when I think I have no chance of winning no matter who I'm playing as...

Dunno if this is known already.

CH 6B -> 236B+K is techtrap for everything but sides.

No idea if this is usefull in a real match.

EDIT: Damn this is great. Once they begin to tech to sides or roll you can CT / GT them if you cancel the UB.

not only that.. but if this is similar to the 3A+G stuff.. then i gotta cancel it SUPER early....

i'll give this a try anyways.

-LAU

236B+K into G Cancel into JF Dash into tech trap. That's the way to go post 3A+G... if you're manly that is...

Not sure if this should go here but, I "think" I found a Tech Trap (Could be wrong but anywho =d)

3A, 6B, (If they Roll back)
- 236B+K, 3A+G

236B+K-> Think that's the Unblockable :d

I think that counts as a "Tech Trap" But I don't know someone smarter than me will have to let me know ;)

3A can be shaken out. I am going to guess the unblockable can be stepped even on a back roll. However, I think you can only step it to Rock's left. I need confirmation on this.

3A can be shaken out. I am going to guess the unblockable can be stepped even on a back roll. However, I think you can only step it to Rock's left. I need confirmation on this.

I've never witnessed anyone step out of it on back roll, I'm fairly certain it can't be stepped on back roll, but not 100% sure. I'll go have a play around see if I can Step it.

Edit: I just can't seem to step it on roll back. o.O

3B -> 9G -> Throw

This leads to a backthrow if the opponent sidetechs. He can still duck under the throw so you can mixup crouchthrows or another3B for a reset.

EDIT: Oh and another good one with 2A+K->11A. After 11A hits as techtrap you can run in and techtrap again with a crouchthrow !!
EDIT2: Damn seems to be the same issue with this like 44K. Only works if they don't hold G

Back