Rock matchups

And what do you think about NM vs Rock?

My friend has a lot of troubles to stop me from stepping and this way i got a lot more occasions to space him and whiff punish while he is struggling to deal dmg to me.

And what are rock's best mixup because 3B/throws isnt really working. (throws are breakable and if i duck its RO/wall or 51 dmg, 3B is highly steppable or punishable on block)

i think the mu is 7-3 for NM but what is your opinion?

Rock has a lot of trouble stopping almost anyone from stepping, NM just has better whiff/step punishers than most.

There's no safe mix-up for Rock. Pick a different character if you want safety, cause Rock has a lot of the opposite.

Crouch Throw/3B mixed with Throw usually works for me. I like to keep it simple.

Rock has a lot of trouble stopping almost anyone from stepping, NM just has better whiff/step punishers than most.

You need to bullrush more.

matchup can never be 7-3 vs NM. never, ever. I'm not going into detail with this one.

Instead of 3B use 6K, NM can't punish it properly. If at all.

What about 6AA, 4A, 44A, 66A, 2A+K against steppers (aside from the grabbing and the bull/rhino rush)? As long as you're in range, counter hits for the win! ^^

Can't be any worse than vs Cassie.

Any character with a high damage reliable punisher is a tough match-up for Rock. I'm not sure I would put Cass as a tougher match-up. Setsuka is DEFINATELY harder than either though.

I find Cassie to be tougher than Sophie, if only because she beats him in more aspects (better RO, better throws, better wall game, way better damage). Plus, 214 agi works on 6k and 6b+k, which is fucking obnoxious.

Setsuka is just gross though.

Back