Rock's Top 10 (No Seriously)

44K is good for setting up crouch throw, it is also good in wakes, and CH combos.
44K followed by crouch throw does not always work. this move is somehow buggy, it only rly works if you hit a designated side of the targets hitbox. you can try this out in training mode. set the cpus 1st aktion to standart and 2nd to whatever attack. you will kick him, then when you try to grab him the cpu will attack you and your throw will miss even if he is crouching.

I wonder no one mentioned 6AA. the 2nd A is safe, and if not blocked it allows a ground throw.

The problem I have with 6AA is that the first hit usually either whiffs or gets blocked, then they duck second hit and its ugly.

Anybody find out anything cool with 44BB? It has a slight evade, and can be delayed, but I would like to believe Bamco isn't just taunting us. I mean, a relatively slow move that is only NCc, gives a shitty 33 damage, and has no follow-up (B+K afterwords is techable). I know Rock sucks but that's like punching an elementary school kid in the dick and then making fun of him for grabbing himself.

44K followed by crouch throw does not always work. this move is somehow buggy, it only rly works if you hit a designated side of the targets hitbox. you can try this out in training mode. set the cpus 1st aktion to standart and 2nd to whatever attack. you will kick him, then when you try to grab him the cpu will attack you and your throw will miss even if he is crouching.

Ya it's not a guaranteed crouch throw, but its one of the few moves (or the only move if I recall right) that you can proactively force enough crouch frames for a crouch throw on both hit and block. Sure some characters passive G or WS moves that don't TC it'll wiff through because of standing properties, but most FC and WS with TC he can gobble up with his throw, also any move your Crouch throw wiffs on a standing throw will gobble up.

44K has a lot of nice properties. +6f on hit, free head ground throw on CH, safe, tech jump, and hits grounded. Its biggest problems are it's linear and sorta slow. I can't find many places to use it in my game aside from the occasional ground hit.

Trying to work in 22_88K more too, though it has the same problems.

Decided I needed a karmic balance to all the Cass and Soph, So I'm learning Rock.
After 2 weeks, this is what I'm seeing for him:

1. iFC3K - Astaroth would kill to have crouch throws after a bullrush. Input takes some practice, but this is necessary.

2. 6K - Post patch, Rock has the upper hand on this move as well over Astaroth. It's like good tux, it never goes out of style.

3. Throws - Including Regular, Crouch and Ground throws. In rare situations where you can punish something, sometimes its better to attempt a throw than get what might amount to measly damage out of a punish.

4. 4B - Fast, decent on CH, crap range, Tech Catches post CH.

5. K - Fast poke.

6. 1A - Good on wakeup, nowhere else.

7-10: I have no idea just yet. For the most part the above is my entire Rock game.

-Idle

my top 11 moves (no praticular order)

1. 6K- Break, Butter, and also the meat and potatoes

2. 2K- Great, annoying low poke

3. 3B- Decent punisher, leaves wakeup (no...seriously)

4. 2B+K - i basically use this to cause pressure. Moves that you can hit for free on hit:
214AAA(justframe)
66B if you're fast enough
4B
3A (wouldn't risk it tho)

5. 1A - yes it's slow, but does decent dmg to the SG

6. 214AAA(justframe) On hit gives ground throw attempt

7. 214B+G:B (version 1.03) Larger window for the justframe, and the opponet stays on the gound longer (please tell me someone else knew of this.....)

8. 22_88B: Decent on wakeup, pushes back on block, KILLS the SG

9. K - fast, pokey, annoying

10. Throws - that's his game right there!

11. FC1K, shit tracks NASTY!!!! lol...causes knockdown on hit...leaves room for wakeup.

1. 6K, it's obvious why it's best
2. 3B, decent range, great options on hit, safe
3. Throws, without these, there is no reason to duck or fear KD
4. 236A: A :A, great on wakes, the only move YOU WANT an opponent to block
5. 2B+K, his best up close mix up option
6. 1K, great TC poke, stops enemy momentum
7. 214B+G:B- great throw
8. FC 3K, his only real safe advancing move, great for mix ups
9. 2A+K, decent range sweep, great oki options from it
10. A+B, great opener, decent dmg, mid-range anti step and safe if used at right distance

cha cha

3B isn't safe, it's just that with the pushback not all characters can punish it well.

Also, I personally use 2K over 1K, just because 2K is faster, and at least you get frame + on CH. 1K is - frames on normal and CH

Setsuka can punish 3B with 44B+K.

...But now I'm not sure what "safe" means exactly. The example above is assuming that Setsuka has blocked Rock's 3B.

Sorry, i assumed it was safe because no one had ever punished it on block. I guess I'd remove it from the list, though it's still quite good.

tell me who can punish 3B...

Anyone with a 15f move that has range. So Sohpie, Cass, Setsuka, Cervantes, Siegfried ,etc. Even Taki can get 66B I believe.

Safe generally means unpunishable. Certain moves can be punishable against some characters but not others, these are usually referred to as semi-safe.

i know what the hell safe means. You're not talking to some scrub. Like cha cha, we really weren't punished for having 3B blocked. so we didn't know.

haha, chickenwing you are so offendable.

Anyways thanks for the info guys, I need to tell my players to punish this more so I become less haphazard with it.

cha cha

I think that he explained the meaning of safe for me.

On topic, I wonder how anyone can use 66K.

I used to like 66k until realized what a better move iFC3K is. The only time i throw out 66K now is if i can really smell a high coming, or i get too excited trying to press 6K.

On another note, I really love the 2B+G crouch throw, good damage combo or A+B for 3 mile ringout. I pretty much live for FC3K/CH 4B/CH 1B,A/etc., techtrap 2B+G. 2A+G is a decent mix-up with decent options. If this isn't a part of your gameplan, get dirty with it.

I was explaining to Plume what safe meant.

I use FC 3K a lot, butIMO 66K is better than FC3K for the purpose of ducking high strings. FC3K has frames where Rock is considered standing at the beginning of the animation, whereas 66K ducks all the way through.

66K has some fun traps though. Since it's untechable, holding G will leave you standing. So you can do 66K, 2B+K_2A+K and they are holding guard, they stand up into a 2B+K or eat the 2A+K. You can also throw off of it. Or just go for the 4B for extra free damage and work your wakes from there.

Back