Rock's Top 10 (No Seriously)

Well, I changed my list on CF.com, but it may be permanently down.

Anyways, my top 10 list:
1) Throws
2) Crouch Throws
3) FC3K
4) Jump A
5) 66B
6) 6K/4K (dependent on character)
7) A
8) WS A
9) Jump B
10) 4A

it's not fairly fast (most jumping attacks aren't) and it's so high, had it whiff on smallies it's also unsafe. What's the reward for hitting it? I used to use it, but i didn't really see the point. I guess it can RO, that's a merit :D but a top 10 move?

I'd have to agree with most people so far. I think the orders might not be correct, because the "top 10" actually translates into "actually useful" so the order might not be first on the posters mind. But yeah, all these moves are consistently part of my main game. Great and useful lists guys.

Heres mine if anyone cares

1:3a- for all my step punishers in the house.lol
2:a+b-great damage and ringout potential at the perfect range of course.
3:GI- because he needs it.
4:3b-decent mid that stuns and leads to ground throws which is where he shines well on the first one till everything starts getting broken and damaged scale.
5:K-quite possibly his most useful poke.(but dont quote me on that)
6:2B+K good mixup on hit leaves u at +6 frames on hit and +4 on block.ill take any either way.
7:PT Jf+8 on block.nuff said
8:BullRush-Obvious
9:6B+K-The long range hero.
10:11B my wake up move of choice.( i dare u to GI)

No throws cause thats a given but honorable mentions to 6k,4A+B ,WSA and CH4KA

i got a question about 214B+G:B...

can anyone give me a visual cue on when to input B after B+G? the toss up animation is so lengthy that i don't know when i'm supposed to input the B.

There's no visual clue

Hold the B for a good while. It comes kinda late down in the animation while they're wiggling on the floor. You just have to get it once, to have an idea of the timing, and from there you can practice it

My top ten in no particular order.

1. FC 3K
2. BB Soulcrushes merciless
3. 66B
4. 66AB
5. Jump B
6. 22_88K I use this instead of 6B+K because its nearly the same move but safe and just a few frames slower.
7. Throws
8. K
9. 2K
10. 3B

hmm when i play rock all i do is 2b+k and 3b into ground throw spammage.

then again i always lose.

How does everyone feel about 1B and 1BB? I've been playing with it and it seems decent. Here is the stats rundown:
i19
1B
b -15
h -6

1BB
b -15
h x
1BB is NCc

The range on it is pretty good and the 2nd hit sets up a crumple, so you have some time to setup oki or re-position. Ive been trying out some different moves and i felt like I was missing a mid-range move that was decently fast. 3B is one frame slower, and its just as bad on block. 2B is slower ( i24 ), has much better frames and hits grounded, but feels really linear and doesn't have good range. 6K is nice, but sometimes has funky priority and moves me into opponents throw range.

So i'm trying to find a place in my arsenal for 4A+B. I know its suppose to be a whiff punisher, but watching most of vids of rock, it usually ends up being blocked. its i21 and -15 on block. it causes crumple on normal hit and slam on CH. Am i using this totally wrong? its it for when I step a move that TC's? usually when i sneak around the side of someone or the back I just throw, throw, and 6K once in a while. 4A+B doesn't seem like it interrupts well, and its slow enough that the faster characters can sting you with something like AA or BB afterwards, which isn't fun.

So i'm trying to find a place in my arsenal for 4A+B. I know its suppose to be a whiff punisher, but watching most of vids of rock, it usually ends up being blocked. its i21 and -15 on block. it causes crumple on normal hit and slam on CH. Am i using this totally wrong? its it for when I step a move that TC's? usually when i sneak around the side of someone or the back I just throw, throw, and 6K once in a while. 4A+B doesn't seem like it interrupts well, and its slow enough that the faster characters can sting you with something like AA or BB afterwards, which isn't fun.

ON hit and CH, the effect is the similar. It is good vs whiffs, and good when you're SURE the opponent is going to step (it tracks very well). I use it strictly vs whiffs though. Strictly.

Back