SC:BD Explained!

Something-Unique

[10] Knight
General Info:

SC:BD is at its core SC4 Patch 1.03.5 constructed by Scamco. This game has been re-sealed and made portable for PSP to make extreme profits at the $40.00 price point in patch form with the inclusion of two new characters to make it look like a new game.

Game changes: (Through personal testing!)

1. Character hitbox issues have been fixed to some extent meaning less retarded whiffs!
2. The actual step system has been buffed!
3. The damage resulting from walls universally has been increased! So characters such as Nightmare & Setsuka have reached another level in terms of damage from walls.
4. The GI window of oppurtunity is now 23 or more frames. So Setsuka's i23-Frames B+K will now work. As a result Hilde will now be even more broken with C3B being guaranteed outside of re-GI mind games.
4. Their is a misconception that the cast has received damage buffs. In general this is incorrect. The damage modifier has been slightly altered universally obviouslly. So moves in the game have now increased by a +1-5-Damage margin or has decreased by a -1-5-Margin. There are some characters who have however received damage buffs but in total there are no more than 5 at the most and the damage increased is along the +10-15-Damage range except Hilde (unbelievable) and Tira.
5. Critical Finishes are now executed with A+B+K after a SC. Every character has a A+B+K move that GB's and if the SG is crushed with this move the CF is automatic with no need for an extra A+B+K input. for clarification the A+B+K move has its own SC numbers as well. It does not guarantee and instant break. In general its a useless move from what I could gather as a result of testing. Other than that some moves do not break the SG at all now.

Interesting and Saddening info:

There are in total 5 characters at best that have received a noticable buff in damage. That is being generous within a margin of error. These characters are......

1. Hilde: Read the Hilde BD changes.
2. Tira: She has received a damage increase in the margin of +30's. It changes nothing however because she is still random in design.
3. Margin of error.
4. Margin of error.
5. Margin of error.

Other Info:

Dampierre is the direct representation of Tira as a result of his random uncontrollable movelist similarities that Tira has.

Hilde Information:

Hilde is the one character in the game that has received disgusting damage buffs (Read the Hilde BD changes). Combine that with an increased step game for better placement and the new 23+Frame open GI window which now allows C3B for free and one can imagine.

C2A is broken beyond belief. Why?

It does 52-Damage on its own. Still has GB +3-Frames. Fully tracks both directions. Don't forget its at the C2 level meaning 2 second charge. It does not ring-out in combos unless close enough to the edge now but here goes a new quiet buff to accompany the damage. C2A on its own without the second part now rings out without the need for being in the air close to the edge. It also still has its IMP properties.

Thats not even adressing the rest of her damage buffs and this broken claim considers the fact that no other character has received any substantial buffs to break close to even ground.

So actually you're telling me NOT to buy a psp for this one, right ? :P

Btw i think youre gonna get flamed real soon for opening the first [BD]-whining thread :)

Kind regards, doc.

So do you think this game is more balanced or less balanced? Should they make it a downloadable patch and then we just ban a couple characters (like Hilde) or should they just keep sc4's brokenness at the level it's at now (you already know some regions will just keep everybody unbanned no matter what, even if Hilde's c2A was unblockable).
Are Algol or Amy any different? Algol have better step also?

oh and Setsuka B+K being in the GI window sounds pretty gay, cause B+K is good for beating re-GI as it is. Do you know if they increased the amount of time a GI attempt impacts or not?

Its cool some people will see this as whining (I know who that is already). Some will see it for proper research on everything related to the game and won't disregard the Hilde info in comparison to the rest of the cast of characters and maybe just maybe if this ever comes to console will be able to adress Hilde properly this time.

I will say no more about banning. I simply provided the info let the tournament organizers/community decide for themseleves cause either way if it does come to console Hilde will not be my third/second. She will be a dedicated main/1st. Yes I am saying I am dropping Kilik if it comes to console in this form.

Last but not least i'm not gonna tell u not to buy it but what I will say is i'm returning mine for another PSP game cause imo it isn't worth owning or purchasing. I took one for the team u could say.

Edit:

Amy is no different. Algol is generally the same. You could day that because GI'ing bubbles brings u to him its a nerf because from my testing u seem to be at plus frames also. The game is slightly more balanced outside of Hilde.

i think with the new buff in stepping characters should be able to avoid hilde's more linear moves which are probably her most damaging starter moves, cept the C2A which is still lame since its +3 on guard. I think if a patch is made for the console version i would like to have the new updates cept the damage buff stuff, wall combo buff should stay though and increase the arena size.

edit: so Amy is still super safe and spammable?

God these findings just keep getting worse for the things i want to hear. I'm glad the low tiers are getting the love they need, but the upper tiers are a cluster fuck of retarded buffs and nerfs. I have yet to hear one change with them that makes sense (spare Algol bubble nerf, i like it)

I like the concept of the CF move though and it's nice we still have the old way to do ti as well (i was pissed when i assumed they didnt). As for moves not doing SG dmg...is this the moves that were already like 50+ on breaks anyway? Might be neat to see some moves that aren't great for damage emerge that rewarded safety and SG damage. Could create a whole new depth to the game.

God I'm almost tempted to form a movement to slam NAMCOs email box. How is it fans both casual and competitive can all spot obvious flaws in things and these professional game designers can't? I know there's a lot to do, but some of these just don't classify as minor over sights. These seem like someone in a board room made a half baked suggestion and without thinking it through they put it into motion with no testing. I know I'm bitching before I even own it or feedback arrives, but I'm calling it now. I'll have to wait and see, but I'm worried and NAMCO really seems to have a bad rep with delivering after a mistake.

One part of me wants a patch with the new characters, low tier buffs, and etc...and the other half would rather deal with RO happy Hilde and a coherent if not glitchy Ivy over the new "balanced" ones. I fear for Amy, Kilik, Cas, Sophie, Astaroth. God I hope for once I'm wrong :(

Did you actually test the tracking of C2 A in this one? It sure didnt track both directions on onsole. Just asking, cause you dont specifically state this as a change from the console version. It also rings out on standing opponent on console if youre close to the edge, only the 2nd part doesnt.

Algol is generally the same. You could day that because GI'ing bubbles brings u to him its a nerf because from my testing u seem to be at plus frames also.

brings you to him when you GI bubbles??? what do you mean?

also...when you say something tracks both sides like hilde C2A you gotta test with multiple characters to see if some chars can step and some can't

I have to agree with Ceirnian on this one S-U. The way you jump to conclusions about this brings a negative vibe, especially after only playing it a day. No one can uncover everything in this game in one day. Its like you're looking to give people a reason to whine and bitch.

It won't do any good for the community.

Take it easy. Give this game a chance, and see where it goes. If Hilde really is still crazy in this game then people will come to realize it with time. For now lets enjoy this game and see what comes out of it.

S-U thinks his opinion Matters because he plays the game with "good players" and goes to tournaments.

Which has NOTHING to do with the Balance of this game or who is broken or whatever.

Like I say every Month when someone is bitching and whining.

PLAY THE GAME AND DECIDE FOR URSELF!!! STOP FEARING HILDE!!! YOU SUCK!!!

To be fair, you can't really decide tiers for "urself". That's exactly what leads people to complain like this. They fear that a character that was undeniably difficult to play against has managed to get better. It's entirely understandable.

That said, negativity probably doesn't help around these boards considering how excitable some people here are. >_>

I understand what people are trying to say about hurting the community and so on but it works both ways. Bad mouthing the game hurts the community but ignoring brokeness hurts more. There are a ton of people who would never touch the game because of the doom combo, even dedicated players have somewhat pulled away. So yes it's a good idea not to bash the game but it's also important not to ignore brokeness.

The guys just feeding what info he can. If i got handed the same info i would start forming these theories too. We'll never know till it carries out a bit and we see how much the new step and other buffs compete with the questionable ones, but it's no crime to come up with theory.

S-U is forming opinions based on evidence. He could be wrong, but there's nothing wrong in him having a grim out look if thats where it points him. He's posting these finds in a thread. It may come as a complete shock to a LOT of you, but threads are usually designed to discuss something, and a discussion spawns from topics with loose ends and multiple sides to spiral down to an acceptable stream in the end. However people seem more convinced a thread is a place to start a 4th Reich and smite all those who don't heed it's message if it's allowed to carry on (which always spawns my favorite moment of hypocrisy when the guy trying to stop it bumps it straight to the top of the list and spot lights it for more attention)

Your peoples' idea of "complain" is often a simpleton-esque habit of generalizing all statements as declared truth with no gray areas to exist between. What the fuck do you guys validate as a worthy post? Whenever something pops up that dips out of your "video game Vatican guide lines", you guys are really the one's complaining. Get the fuck over yourselves. If you have an issue with it do some fuckin research of your own or seek to find a balance with the statement you disagree with to come to a rational deduction.

And knowing since have you twats wont read anything with more than 3 lines I'll sum up the end: He may be wrong but he's doing more than you by researching and he is making assumptions based on EVIDENCE as he finds them.

God i need a fuckin rant scoreboard or somethin. Anyway nice work S-U, look into the issues with Hilde and see If she's got some hidden nerfs or the mechanics makes this all reasonable.

Evidence based on the game being out for a day... and the original post has a very obvious agenda to fill. If it were just an information post that would be way different.

Ceirnian pretty much covered it. Right from the first sentence you knew this wasn't going to be anything positive.

Evidence based on the game being out for a day... and the original post has a very obvious agenda to fill. If it were just an information post that would be way different.

Listen I know you are very respectable player and I have watched you play. But when it comes to these debates, your always on your own "agenda" to play conservative to whatever it is and it's this mentality that's counter productive to game balance and design. Feed back drives the evolution of games and when elitist form theories of "deal with it" rather than fix it, we get bad games and a bad community.

What's he supposed to do if the community wants to know about the game and observations and he doesn't have things positive to say? Are we to start a ban on all nay say and turn a blind eye and only accept positive views? We all turned to this thread because we wanted to know what the game is like and this is his observations. If you want him to sprinkle a dash of Disney on it maybe kindly ask and he'll agree and perhaps make you his princess in a happy ending fairy tale.

I see this mentality all the time in forums, life, politics, etc... Do a lil logical thinking and stop jumping to your OWN conclusions as to what the intention of the OP is. Literally everything you people (and yes there is a "you people") is a dense mass of hypocrisy. You're bitching about bitching. your jumping to conclusions that the other is jumping to conclusions, the person is trying to prove he's right and wont accept anything else while you wont accept that they might be right. i mean jesus.

I feel bad about derailing this thread a bit, but lets face it you guys are causing it to tank with stupid posts and the only really valid ones are the OP and those asking questions to what the OP observed.

So do the COMMUNITY A favor and ask the fucking Op a question about the game you're not testing to give any valid feedback on.

We played Calibur 4 for a three weeks before anyone else did. We played several hours a day taking notes in many changes per character -- And our findings and tier listings were in several cases very far off from what we found out months after the fact -- It took thousands of people digging into the game to find it's secrets.

If it's one thing I hate it's jumping to conclusions, especially on the first day -- Don't you think that's a bit ridiculous?

Edit: And holy crap, I actually agree with Dino :D

-Manta-

Back