SC:BD Explained!

not gonna lie I love AND hate Namco right now! I love them because they slapped people in the face concerning Hilde. They made step better, took away Hilde's doom combo (well it's still the doom combo LOLOLOL), and let her keep everything else WHILE giving her a buff to damage WHICH YOU ALL SAID WAS FINE!!!!

Everyone said "I wouldn't mind her if she did more damage I just don't think she should be able to RO from one mistake". . . .however now that it has come to a reality you hate her MORE which is amazing to me. By all means ban her to hell but remember this is what you guys ASKED for!

Now I only hate Namco cause they didn't put it on console and I'm hoping they do but until then SC4 for life :)

They aren't thinking "she's holding triggers with free charging, breaking throws, doing throws, and still using quick normals". They figure well her TOOLS need to be fucked up because SHE CAN'T THROW BREAK, THROW, and she LOSES HER NORMALS however she retains all this with simple binds.

Well I just have to say I don't fit in that....

"I wouldn't mind her if she did more damage I just don't think she should be able to RO from one mistake"

for what its worth as I was always the one saying how often do you really die in one hit from her ringout abilities. Cause everyone seems to always use the get hit once die comment. My personal problem is with her plus frames and safety in general. Never gave a shit about her B charges since u could step.

Now she has so much damage from tracking moves its so risky to step giving more room for B charges to connect. Not to mention that after some thorough testing the B+K as the standard after C3B has removed any difficulty of her combo making it stupid easy. It no longer has property problems against back turned people like Voldo either.

Thank you Something-Unique for keeping it real. One of the few sensible posters on this board. People need to stop sugar-coating Hilde. She is what she is and trying to minimize her abilities is not gonna help draw people into this game. I always thought she was a cleverly-designed and fun character, but from taking a look at the way Hilde supporters respond to criticism, I could care less about learning more about her at this point.

Reading some of these posts only reminds me of why I quit taking this game seriously in the first place and why I don't travel for this game anymore.

So apparently there is wrong in going out of one's way to present researched info on a game for the community unless you present it in the most gift wrapped pink and rainbow colored form.
Something like that, yeah. When you're delivering bad news to people who don't want to believe it, it helps to at least pretend like you don't want to believe it either. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. Here's the part that makes me trust you less:

Ex 1: SC:BD is at its core SC4 Patch 1.03.5 constructed by Scamco. This game has been re-sealed and made portable for PSP to make extreme profits at the $40.00 price point in patch form with the inclusion of two new characters to make it look like a new game.
You're using this as your first example to prove your point, but it isn't an example of anything. All it is is a bunch of extremely obvious, innocuous observations, phrased in an angry tone as though porting games to different platforms is a sinfully greedy idea, and it's even worse if they try to make improvements. "constructed by Scamco?" What is that part of your statement supposed to be educating us on? I get that console DLC is a scam, but do you know what you sound like when you start making puns on corporate names, like "Micro$oft" and "Crapcom?" It makes you sound like a troll. Like a hobo with a handkerchief: pointing at city hall, calling it names, punching the corner of it, falling down slumped against it, crying. I'm not presuming to know you or anything, I'm just saying that's what it sounds like when you start taking cheap, pointless, angry potshots at a faceless corporation. Imagine if other reviewers did that to things they didn't like. What if in his review of Transformers 2, Roger Ebert constantly referred to them as the "Garbageformers?" You think people would trust his review? Or would we think he was being strangely childish?

You're using this as your first example to prove your point, but it isn't an example of anything. All it is is a bunch of extremely obvious, innocuous observations, phrased in an angry tone as though porting games to different platforms is a sinfully greedy idea, and it's even worse if they try to make improvements. "constructed by Scamco?" What is that part of your statement supposed to be educating us on? I get that console DLC is a scam, but do you know what you sound like when you start making puns on corporate names, like "Micro$oft" and "Crapcom?" It makes you sound like a troll. Like a hobo with a handkerchief: pointing at city hall, calling it names, punching the corner of it, falling down slumped against it, crying. I'm not presuming to know you or anything, I'm just saying that's what it sounds like when you start taking cheap, pointless, angry potshots at a faceless corporation. Imagine if other reviewers did that to things they didn't like. What if in his review of Transformers 2, Roger Ebert constantly referred to them as the "Garbageformers?" You think people would trust his review? Or would we think he was being strangely childish?

I'm pretty sure you completely missed S-U's point on this. I don't think he has a problem with Namco porting the game onto the handheld. They did it for Tekken so it does make some sense they would do it for Calibur. The point is while they did do it for Tekken they also released the DLC for Tekken on PS3 AND they continue to support the Tekken series games with patches to fix it without them asking! We have been asking for patches and fixes in this game for a year and what do we get? Nothing but essentially, "screw you got buy a PSP and spend $40 on our new Calibur game." The point is it's not fair to us as customers, our community, and I completely understand if S-U is upset about it. Hence the name "Scamco." Makes him sound like a troll? No, it makes him sound like an angry customer that has yet to receive and good customer service.

And this is off topic but "Trashformers" would have been a better pun than "Garbageformers," haha. Sorry I had to say it. I'm a HUGE Transformers fan!

Well I just have to say I don't fit in that....

"I wouldn't mind her if she did more damage I just don't think she should be able to RO from one mistake"

for what its worth as I was always the one saying how often do you really die in one hit from her ringout abilities. Cause everyone seems to always use the get hit once die comment. My personal problem is with her plus frames and safety in general. Never gave a shit about her B charges since u could step.

Now she has so much damage from tracking moves its so risky to step giving more room for B charges to connect. Not to mention that after some thorough testing the B+K as the standard after C3B has removed any difficulty of her combo making it stupid easy. It no longer has property problems against back turned people like Voldo either.

Which brings me back to what I said before. She wasn't thought to be played with Binds like this at all because on stick or w/o binds she is MUCH more difficult to use and has OBVIOUS weaknesses. She can't hold charges all day on stick or w/o binds and has to actually fight without charges.

I'm not sugar coating anything about Hilde I'm merely stating the facts that she isn't meant to be played on pad WITH binds. The character would not be as overbearing as she is if she wasn't able to.

With Binds - Can still break throws, can throw [a or b], can still use a, b, and combined button attacks (i.e., a+b, a+k).

Without Binds or Stick - Can't break throws if charging a or b (well still can but you have to drop charge AND hit button super fast), can't throw if charging a or b, can't use a, b, or combined attacks (i.e., a+b, a+k).

I'm well aware these are known but as you can see the game is COMPLETELY changed when she's on stick or without the binds.

EpicPhail37:

Thank u.

PhilBond:

Your response to my Ex 1 defines the fact that some people just can't read in between the lines. Let's say I remove everything in there but keep the this game = 1.03.5 would that simplified point have been enough for u to understand the bigger picture. The Scamco comment was just heightened emotion and gives my comment something other than a dry emotionless statement. Seriously learn more about the context of writing and then come back and respond to me. If u can't just ignore me please. Not to mention that in general outside the realm of SC Namco has been a company that most view as a company full of scam like behavior as u will see the same exact name on other forums but I won't delve into that since thats derailing to an extent that has nothing to do with this website.

To top that off that first point that u didn't understand in full context I guess disregards everything else in my post as well since u hand picked that one right?

BtG:

Thanks for the clarification.

NinjaCW:

Sounds plausible and I see your point!

This thread title needs to be changed and possibly the flame crap should just be deleted. Make it a SC:BD change thread, leave the other stuff out and call it a day. This justifying obviously rigged statements is getting old, might as well just avoid it.

[edit] looks like each soul arena has its own discussion going. so much for that.

SU: wow, where's this hate coming from? Sir, don't misunderstand, again i acknowledge what you were trying to accomplish, but please leave you're frustrations on Cernian, not me.

No it doesn't have to be gift-wrapped, but try to present it to where it didn't sound so NEGATIVE. Not to say that your post didn't sound negative, but i can see how it can portrayed as that. That is all.

NinjaCW: laff....i love that post. I guess, it took two people to point that out about hilde. But hey, we're both wrong. XD

Fuck guys, I got this thread back on track for a whole 15 posts. Hilde just can't catch a break from hatin' apparently.

Asta must be an absolute monster now... cause people seem to be going out of their way to not mention his changes :D

Which brings me back to what I said before. She wasn't thought to be played with Binds like this at all because on stick or w/o binds she is MUCH more difficult to use and has OBVIOUS weaknesses. She can't hold charges all day on stick or w/o binds and has to actually fight without charges.

I'm not sugar coating anything about Hilde I'm merely stating the facts that she isn't meant to be played on pad WITH binds. The character would not be as overbearing as she is if she wasn't able to.

With Binds - Can still break throws, can throw [a or b], can still use a, b, and combined button attacks (i.e., a+b, a+k).

Without Binds or Stick - Can't break throws if charging a or b (well still can but you have to drop charge AND hit button super fast), can't throw if charging a or b, can't use a, b, or combined attacks (i.e., a+b, a+k).

I'm well aware these are known but as you can see the game is COMPLETELY changed when she's on stick or without the binds.

I'm not even sure the jap devs would even think of this, given the arcade culture. If they saw someone switch from stick to pad after one loss, just to play Hilde, we'd probably have to explain the connection to them in explicit detail. I imagine they'd just think it was really strange.

So of course the REAL issue is whether or not they're ever going to be more active with their competitive community. So far, hasn't happened directly. Although most of these changes make sense, so far. The changes to Zas and Yun are the biggest low tier buffs, as far as I can see.

I'm not even sure the jap devs would even think of this, given the arcade culture. If they saw someone switch from stick to pad after one loss, just to play Hilde, we'd probably have to explain the connection to them in explicit detail. I imagine they'd just think it was really strange.

So of course the REAL issue is whether or not they're ever going to be more active with their competitive community. So far, hasn't happened directly. Although most of these changes make sense, so far. The changes to Zas and Yun are the biggest low tier buffs, as far as I can see.

Given their train of thought towards SC characters they buffed Hilde because without button binds all she had was the RO capabilities (which for the love of god she needed!) and "not so good" normals. She sacrifices everything to even hold those charges for that combo so they "buffed" her to even it out a bit. Now even without binds she will be a great character but she's no where near as good as she is with binds.

People, let's be fair here. PSP only has two triggers right? Two less buttons to bind?

In all seriousness, this is getting ridiculous. The game is barely out for less than a month. How could we be jumping the gun so quickly. My only problem that actually has been CONFIRMED is the CF aspect took a beating. But aside from that, we've barely even tried the other characters yet.

People, let's be fair here. PSP only has two triggers right? Two less buttons to bind?

In all seriousness, this is getting ridiculous. The game is barely out for less than a month. How could we be jumping the gun so quickly. My only problem that actually has been CONFIRMED is the CF aspect took a beating. But aside from that, we've barely even tried the other characters yet.

I'm glad CF took a beating honestly. You really can't play a defensive game unless you're Hilde. It's like half the game is gone. It's all about offense and pressure. Granted turtling is pretty terrible too. I think people should be punished for turtling but it shouldn't be a one hit kill. If the SC game was like "now I get a free whatever I want cause you turtle too much" then it would be cool. But one hit kill is crap. Wow I really digressed here...

I'm glad CF took a beating honestly. You really can't play a defensive game unless you're Hilde. It's like half the game is gone. It's all about offense and pressure. Granted turtling is pretty terrible too. I think people should be punished for turtling but it shouldn't be a one hit kill. If the SC game was like "now I get a free whatever I want cause you turtle too much" then it would be cool. But one hit kill is crap. Wow I really digressed here...

The thing I like most about the CF system is it feels like every hit counts. Say you risked an unsafe attack, and it got blocked, you still get the SG damage. As long as you don't just sit there and hold block the system works very well IMO. Some characters like Mina actually have to base their game around it since they are so weak in other areas. Besides we have ROs so it's not like 1 hit KOs are some surprise,

Back