SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

In a perfect world, you’re not wrong @Rusted Blade, but unfortunately, that also isn’t the world we live in. There have been far too many (even one is too many, alas there are several) false allegations made to ruin peoples’ lives, and even when they’re proven false, it does little to nothing to actually salvage the one who was cancelled’s livelihood. Our current trend to believe all victims and call guilty before being proven innocent, punish at the accusatory stage, is not the way these things should be handled, and yet unfortunately, that’s how it is. It’s “fine” when the allegations are true, sure, but repairing damages if you’re punished and then the allegations are false, it’s not that easy. There doesn’t seem to be a valid defense against being cancelled for false allegations yet, due to how social media and the court of public opinion apparently runs the world more than the actual facts and law. It’s a sad state of affairs.

@Rusted Blade @TresDias

Thing is though, I've dated psychos so I'm already super guarded before seeing all this happen online, plus I've seen it happen to friends. In my experience, this kind of evil shit is the norm. I do wonder if it's just my rotten luck, I know at the end of the day not everyone has the same experiences.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've been there, done that, wrote the book, and saw the movie. I just kind of have to attribute that to my own tendency to treat my psycho detector as a matchmaker rather than an early warning system.

My (very chill and stable) wife reminds me all the time that she's a fluke. Personally, I'm not yet convinced this just hasn't been a seven-year long-con of some sort. =P

In a perfect world, you’re not wrong @Rusted Blade, but unfortunately, that also isn’t the world we live in. There have been far too many (even one is too many, alas there are several) false allegations made to ruin peoples’ lives, and even when they’re proven false, it does little to nothing to actually salvage the one who was cancelled’s livelihood. Our current trend to believe all victims and call guilty before being proven innocent, punish at the accusatory stage, is not the way these things should be handled, and yet unfortunately, they are. It’s “fine” when the allegations are true, sure, but repairing damages if you’re punished and then the allegations are false, it’s not that easy. There doesn’t seem to be a valid defense against being cancelled for false allegations yet, due to how social media and the court of public opinion apparently runs the world more than the actual facts and law. It’s a sad state of affairs.

You aren't wrong. It really is shameful that there's an inability in our culture to operate at anything less than extremes, as if there's no place between "dismiss victims out of hand" and "automatically believe accusers."

Surely the reasonable thing is "be sensitive, yet vigilant; empathetic, yet dutiful"?

If LisaK is truly gone I will be very sad. But I can take solace in that this beloved video shall be in my meme collection forever. Thus, LisaK shall not be forgotten!

Where is that voice clip came from?

It really is shameful that there's an inability in our culture to operate at anything less than extremes, as if there's no place between "dismiss victims out of hand" and "automatically believe accusers."

Surely the reasonable thing is "be sensitive, yet vigilant; empathetic, yet dutiful"?

The problem is, many people aren't exactly reasonable.

In a perfect world, you’re not wrong @Rusted Blade, but unfortunately, that also isn’t the world we live in. There have been far too many (even one is too many, alas there are several) false allegations made to ruin peoples’ lives, and even when they’re proven false, it does little to nothing to actually salvage the one who was cancelled’s livelihood. Our current trend to believe all victims and call guilty before being proven innocent, punish at the accusatory stage, is not the way these things should be handled, and yet unfortunately, that’s how it is. It’s “fine” when the allegations are true, sure, but repairing damages if you’re punished and then the allegations are false, it’s not that easy. There doesn’t seem to be a valid defense against being cancelled for false allegations yet, due to how social media and the court of public opinion apparently runs the world more than the actual facts and law. It’s a sad state of affairs.
I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with you that the current balance in our society is to "believe all victims": in fact, as an empirical, factual matter, I have a hard time imagining a single statement that is less true or more problematic, in that is nevertheless an idea that far too many people are willing to embrace right now, even if (or rather especially if) they do not work in a field where the reality of that presumption is rigorously tested. The fact is that the overwhelming default for the larger majority of people is to doubt (if not immediately attack) the person claiming to be a victim, and rush to the defense of the accused.

That's not to say that baseless accusations do not occur and that the consequences of it cannot be all-consuming for the accused, particularly as a professional matter--nor that a certain degree of mob mentality does not exist (on social media in particular). But if you want to talk about the reality of the world we live in, the fact is that, cancel culture or not, most victims face a gauntlet of doubt, harassment, and significant repercussions for speaking up. And up until recently that tended to include a significant risk of extreme isolation and ostricization. And all of this is true even in the context of the average accused--nevermind if you are talking about a celebrity, just about any one of whom benefits from a phalanx of zealous defenders who will launch themselves into the breach instantly to try to tear down (or often as not these days, directly terrorize) an accuser.

Now Tres has already more than aptly identified the right end of the stick here: the truth is, in a similar fashion to the rest of the polarization which has come to define our culture of late, people increasingly sort into two separate camps: those who embrace a confirmation bias in support of the accused and those who rally behind the accuser. Both tendencies rest in poorly predicated reasoning, and in that respect, I can support your assertions at least as far as the main thrust that dogmatic and impulsive alignment with either presumption can lead to injustices. However, as a statistical matter, we know some things about the rate of false accusations: for the most serious accusations (sexual assaults and rapes) research has long suggested that the rate of false accusation is somewhere in the low single digits as a percentile matter. Furthermore, it is thought that less than one in every two hundred assaulting parties ever pays for their crime in a criminal justice context, and the vast majority of assaults are not even reported at all. Rates of false report are less well studied for sexual harassment without a physical component, but given the lower level of stigma and that victims of these 'lesser' offenses have historically been told not to make waves over them, it's probable that the rates of false report are similar or even lower.

And if you want to talk about the consequences of rushing to conclusions, I would argue that they are far more substantial in the aggregate when we are more inclined to give the accused the benefit of the doubt than the accuser: careers and fortunes are as readily broken by the former tendency as the latter, and when you add in the psychological weight for the victim as well as the systemic effects for our society as whole, the costs of rushing to defend the accused vs. rushing to believe the accuser are pretty clearly not equal. Mind you, I am not saying that either is by any means ideal. But one scenario is clearly being unrealistically inflated in our collective consciousness and the other consistently diminished, in direct opposition to all good evidence we have as to prevalence of each.

Now part of our tendencies in that regard can be explained as an unfortunate consequence of something good in our societies: the presumption of innocence in the criminal context of our legal traditions. In much of the world, a presumption of innocence goes tot he accused which must be overcome before the government may deprive someone of their liberty. And that is as it should be. However, what is laudable when it comes to restraining policing powers of the government is not necessarily ideal in other contexts: the same reasoning for giving one party the benefit of the doubt over the other fails when we are talking about a non-criminal context, because we are no longer looking to restraint the influence of a third and much more powerful entity. And no, this does not mean that I think we should automatically leap to believe the potential victim either, but certainly we should not instead be embracing a moral panic about a supposed epidemic of false accusations--it all feeds into a culture of denialism of actual victims and the enabling of real abuses that without question occur at a much higher rate than false accusations.

So I agree with you, the number of false accusations is not zero and the consequences can be significant. However, we can accept that and simmultansouly recognize that fearing for one's reputation even if one comports themselves well with regard to others is largely an overblown (or as I put it with respect to Sytus, histrionic) fear, when compared against the reality that countless victims have labored under historically and into contemporary circumstances. That's the world we live in, my good friend.

I will freely admit that I mostly keep to myself, do not get involved in worldly affairs, and only mostly hear about cases that occur to individuals within my personal interest circles, and as such, am biased in my observation of only these things, but my conclusion is still the one I draw based on what I have seen.

I understand that the internet world runs a bit differently than the real world, no doubts, but the real world is so connected through the internet world that they do blend from time to time, for better or for worse, and when the internet bleeds into the real world, as is more and more common every year, it becomes more cancerous as I describe it.

If not kept in check soon, I do feel as though Twitter hate mobs will actually be a relevant factor in the real world, and that is a pretty scary thought. Maybe it won’t come to that, but the lack of seemingly rational people in our world, from how I hear it, seems like there’s also less of them every year too, it’s just a matter of time. Let alone that the internet is run by real people, so there is some reality in the internet by that metric as well.

DBFZ player accused of sexually abusing his girlfriend

==========================================================================================

moving here the mrwiz stuff

tweets receipts:

VIDEO OF POOL RITUALS:

Last edited:

This is the shit that annoys me the most in our current zeitgeist. Relationships, even happy ones, and the million nuanced interactions that comprise them are inherently messy, personal dynamics that can't even always be assessed with clarity by the people who were in them, much less by the public.

This airing of dirty laundry in a slanted manner is also the shit where I am more likely to come down hard on "speaking out," regrettably though it feels to say it like that. I know my ex-wife would describe our relationship or how it ended differently from how I would. Hell, my current wife would probably describe our relationship a little differently despite our mostly excellent communication.

In these cases, where there's neither possibility of investigation nor legal call for it, the accused almost exclusively bears the burden (mostly in social capital) of the accusations. It's one thing if we're talking about legal proceedings where a false accusation could be met with its own legal proceedings; and quite another for half (potentially less) of a co-mediated reality to be dumped on our cerebral cortex without acknowledgement of its potentially incomplete nature and without open invitation to see a more fully illuminating picture assembled.

This glorious shitpost:

A shame that LisaK and I “divorced” over a misunderstanding. However in the settlement LisaK also got full custody of Natalie, so the only remnant here shall be the glorious video for now...

As for this FGC drama, I am starting to care less and less. So many of these people are revealed to be perverts or creeps to the point where nobody on either side looks sympathetic.

To think I once wanted to go to EVO simply to support soulcalibur 6 out of sheer desperation to keep the series going....

Last edited:
Well, there's nothing wrong with wanting to represent and promote Soulcalibur on the big stage. Hyping up new potential players to pick up the game and making the scene bigger is something we should all want to do. It won't be at EVO anymore. People want Combo Breaker to be the next big event.

As for evo, a Blazblue Tag evo champion has been accused:

female Mortal Kombat player speaks up

BBTAG evo champion accused

https://twitter.com/Shinku_DZ/status/1278810560256245760

https://twitter.com/micchirinn/status/1279407939351187456

https://twitter.com/LuminAbyssEXVS/status/1279588629845880832

@AriesWarlock looks like a wonderful community to be a part of....

Screenshot (469).png

I was never a victim of such a situation so I can't say what sits in a head of one but still I don't think that social media is a place to share things like this. But then again perhaps I'm just becoming an out of touch geezer

From what I gather, social media has been the best place for victims to disarm people who hold positions of power, and to stop them from getting protection against accusations.

There was an image around that said 97% of sexual accusations cases go nowhere in court. And many times they pressure the victim to drop the case.

Last edited:
From what I gather, social media has been the best place for victims to disarm people who hold positions of power, and to stop them from getting protection against accusations.

There was an image around that said 97% of sexual accusations cases go nowhere in court. And many times they pressure the victim to drop the case.
I don't see what kind of position of power a gamer can have (unless he's some kind of PewDiePie) but I understand what you mean. The issue is that if we have no actual statistics then all of it is anecdotal. Especially since 97% is ridiculously high number which would either mean that it's true that the system is absolutely failing or that vast majority of cases are of low to extremely low severity (i.e. someone slapped someone on their butt or made a dad joke in public) or that the number is pulled out of someone's ass. Not enough information to actually conclude which one of those is true tho so I won't claim I know the anwser

I don't see what kind of position of power a gamer can have (unless he's some kind of PewDiePie) but I understand what you mean.
Well, when you're a kid, power is rather a relative term. You and I might find the notion of a gaming icon being a powerful figure comical, but in the right context...

The issue is that if we have no actual statistics then all of it is anecdotal. Especially since 97% is ridiculously high number which would either mean that it's true that the system is absolutely failing or that vast majority of cases are of low to extremely low severity (i.e. someone slapped someone on their butt or made a dad joke in public) or that the number is pulled out of someone's ass. Not enough information to actually conclude which one of those is true tho so I won't claim I know the anwser
Well, the statistics are quite complex, but we do have some mixed degree of confidence in the figures, simply because of the very large number of studies (aggregating data from a massive variety and scope of sources) that have been conducted over the last few decades. The figures break down basically like this: out of all sexual assaults severe enough that they might be charged as a felony, about 23% are reported to police, 4.6% of those reports lead to an arrest, 1% are referred to a prosecutor and make it before a grand jury, .7% end in a conviction, and .46% end in incarceration. Some of those numbers vary by a cpuple percentage points from study to study (and here we're not talking about fly-by-night research by a handful of researchers but rather the best estimates that institutions like the US DOJ can provide), but virtually everyone in the field agrees that somewhere less than 1% of cases end with the perpetrator behind bars.

And for further food for though, that's the U.S.: it actually has rates of arrest significantly higher than most countries (though not as high as some other western democracies). What's more, we are only talking about sexual assaults and rapes: it doesn't pull in harassment and many other behaviours which can't be charged as a felony (or sometimes at all in a criminal context) but which might still be quite exploitative, predatory or just creepy af. So yes, the numbers are quite bleak. Part of it goes back to the standards of proof needed in criminal cases, but even that can't completely explain away the abysmally low numbers, because many other crimes which share the same burden of proof standard and have similar sentencing guidelines are convicted at rates several times higher. There are a lot of cognitive biases that thwart the pursuit of justice in this area and there are bottlenecks at both the investigative and trial levels, to say nothing of what the victim has to go through (often in a very public fashion) to pursue the matter and hope for such a small chance of conviction.

Last edited:
Well, when you're a kid, power is rather a relative term.

Well, Ackchully. :P

Power resides where people think it resides so it's not just kids to who are subjected to relative power, but all ages as well. It's all because we're a hierarchical species and yearn for this type of structure to find our place in the world. I image most people are not even aware that it's in every facet of life, not just legal documents. If anything, law is just the written manifestation of our hierarchical nature. There's been intense study in human interactions and found that gratitude is the most effective way to motivate people to your whim (ever notice how often politicians use it in their speeches). With these kids that Joey groomed for voyeurism, they unwittingly get gratitude and validation through tokens because to them, they have found their place in the world. But if anyone cottons on to it, they can either keep quiet to maintain the stability of the group, or face being ostracized by challenging the head of the hierarchy. It's impressive that Joey has been kicked from his CEO position for what is technically the biggest fighting game event in the world for abuses that span two decades. But for better or worse, cancel culture really is the almighty hierarchy of our age, and no matter the position of these powerful figures, no one is untouchable. I fucking detest cancel culture and political correctness in general, but I would be lying to myself if I didn't think Joey's removal was worth it.

Jisu said there would be more coming, I don't know if this is the final one but it's a big one. And a position of power in this community, a figure head or a top player, can sway the opinion of the masses willingly, or unwillingly as has happened with this case. They can also use their influence to out you of the community.
This Smash player zero wrote 2 tweetlonger statements after Jisu accused him of harassment. I read them, his statements don't disprove the accusations Jisu brought forth. He goes on a weird tangent, and yet, so many of his fans were saying things like "THANK GOD YOU ARE INNOCENT" I was like "WTF, he didn't disprove anything." His fans did go attack Jisu. There's even death threats, pictures in the link below. After 2 tweelonger statements, the guy admitted he was lying. His fans had to eat crow; many of them saying they wanted to believe zero so hard... Of course, that won't take away the stress and pain of all those attacks and insults.
She also explains how multiple lawyers told her they would rather take her case as a "business/legal matter-- two business partners falling apart and picking out what to claim-- rather than face it for what it is-- human trafficking, statutory rape, sexual/psychological abuse, and sexual predation. " " If it’s not clear by now, he was clearly lying. Many people in the community are bringing this up but it’s not getting the attention it deserves. In cases like these, due process of law fails victims time and time again-- it failed me, and it’s probably going to fail Katie."
Anyway, the tweet below has a lot of images and receipts of chats. I don't think this guy is returning to the scene anytime soon.

Last edited:
Well, Ackchully. :P

Power resides where people think it resides so it's not just kids to who are subjected to relative power, but all ages as well.
Absolutely: I don't disagree in the least. The reference to the youth factor was merely by virtue of the context we were already talking about here: I just don't think that there are very many adults who would be willing to jump into a pool in their underwear for a pile of tokens from a really swell video game player. I'm not saying that number is zero, but mostly these kinds of situation especially provoke our sense of revulsion because we recognize that children are especially vulnerable: from a purely biopsychological perspective, they lack the resources to spot, contextualize, and defend themselves against many forms of manipulation. Children have poorer impulse control, less experience from which to derive subtext to know when they are being groomed, and just an overall reduced ability to perceive the consequences of a course of action or perceive red flags before the abuse has begun.

It's all because we're a hierarchical species and yearn for this type of structure to find our place in the world. I image most people are not even aware that it's in every facet of life, not just legal documents. If anything, law is just the written manifestation of our hierarchical nature.
Well sometimes. The law can also work at cross purposes to natural impulse: it doesn't always exist just to codify/justify natural inclinations--legislation is often crafted with the express purposes of shaping or constraining it.

With these kids that Joey groomed for voyeurism, they unwittingly get gratitude and validation through tokens because to them, they have found their place in the world. But if anyone cottons on to it, they can either keep quiet to maintain the stability of the group, or face being ostracized by challenging the head of the hierarchy. It's impressive that Joey has been kicked from his CEO position for what is technically the biggest fighting game event in the world for abuses that span two decades. But for better or worse, cancel culture really is the almighty hierarchy of our age, and no matter the position of these powerful figures, no one is untouchable. I fucking detest cancel culture and political correctness in general, but I would be lying to myself if I didn't think Joey's removal was worth it.
Yup, yup--very litle to disagree with there; you're particularly right to point out how abusers often leverage groupthink and a sense of belonging to pacify those they use. Really my only caveat there is that I am not as quite as hostile to 'political correctness' and 'cancel culture' as some. I think those terms are sometimes overly-stressed to create hostility toward reasonable progress in our path towards justice and protecting the weak. Don't get me wrong, I have a powerful dislike for the more knee-jerk strains of those philosophies that look to create victims where no one previously felt victimized, but I really think those cases are more exception than the rule: they just get more attention because of certain very pervasive biases. But one person's "PC culture run amuck" is another's call for basic respect. It only really becomes a problem when the thinking behind it becomes dogmatic and no longer involves substantial critical thinking. Anyway, we're certainly in agreement in that I have absolutely zero problem with the internet collecting the head of some fuck who leveraged the joy young people get out of gaming to feed his own sick, exploitative desires: if ever there's a case where I will not lose any sleep over the swift social media reaction, its R.cade Kelly there.

Last edited:
Sad News...

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF - StarWars BabyYoda Cute GIFs

I'm leaving this forum for good.

i have to make a confess- i'm jealous of Gatsu because he made too many good CAS and i feel that he beat me so i can't create my CAS based on his CAS or anyone's CAS

like i was going to make Miser CAS with a enlightened halo but he beat me! damn!

and other CAS are-

1. Talim as Nakoruru.. i want to do that and upload it here but DanteSC3 beat me!
2. Xianghua wearing Meimei's SC6 outfit but guess what? Kostas beat me as well!

for the future reference- please don't beat me if you already make CAS that i want to do that and upload it here

but, too late!

so bye and thanks for ruining my life!

Disgust Cake GIF - Disgust Cake Throw GIFs

I mean, it’s your decision and I doubt any of us here can change your mind, but it’s really sad to see you go for such a silly reason. We can all make creations here, even things that have already been done. There’s no race, no competition, it’s all in the nature of good fun and sharing creativity. Everyone has their different takes on customization, yourself included. We all bring something to the table, and that’s the best part of the mode. If you’re really not coming back, well, like I said above, it’ll be sad to have another valued member of the site leave, but it is what it is. I wish you the best.

Back