SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything would be better than another Azwel, Groh, or Zwei. Enough with the emo-anime hybrids and goofy wizards. The question of whether they represent a kind of whitewashing trend in the roster put to the side for the moment, these designs are just lame. I hope that the feedback has impressed one thing above all others on the devs: many of us yearn for a return to more grounded weapon choices.
I read this part and it can't be understated: There are so many cool weapons / fighting styles that actually historically existed, so its disappointing that the last new grounded character was Hilde back in SC4. Hopefully some of Geralt's moveset sets inherited by a future longsword/bastard sword wielder.

Are there any decent japanese depictions of medieval warriors in Scandinavia ? They can't look like anachronistic Groh with this Rashid eyepiece I'm hoping.

I want an Eskimo representation. :sc4roc1:

Eskimo is a derogatory term.

4099ebbf8b7aa5975083c71e00765226.jpg

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory”

Please be better
2169924-kappa.png

Eskimo is a derogatory term.

4099ebbf8b7aa5975083c71e00765226.jpg

Please be better
2169924-kappa.png

Like seriously, does anyone else find this reactionary lunacy over words depressing? Can you imagine if I said we are going to change the term right angle because it's racially charged wording towards the Angles.

Like seriously, does anyone else find this reactionary lunacy over words depressing? Can you imagine if I said we are going to change the term right angle because it's racially charged wording towards the Angles.
I'm offended by this. Get ready to be cancelled fam. /s

In all seriousness, I don't think it needs a lot of effort to avoid certain terms because some people find them unappealing or offensive. If we can avoid offending anyone just by not using certain words then why not?

I'm offended by this. Get ready to be cancelled fam. /s

In all seriousness, I don't think it needs a lot of effort to avoid certain terms because some people find them unappealing or offensive. If we can avoid offending anyone just by not using certain words then why not?

I am PERSONALLY offended by your use of the word "fam", it is deregatory and you are a terrible person for using it, when you could have chosen so many other words in stead of it. I mean, are you not AWARE that it is offensive?

^ I hope this illustrates the point?

I am PERSONALLY offended by your use of the word "fam", it is deregatory and you are a terrible person for using it, when you could have chosen so many other words in stead of it. I mean, are you not AWARE that it is offensive?

^ I hope this illustrates the point?
I feel like your example only applies to words like "Karen". Words that some people think are offensive to them because they personally think so, when it really isn't.

Terms with historical backgrounds of use such as "the n-word" towards black people, "chink" towards chinese, and in the case at hand "eskimo" should not be treated in the same way.

That's just my two cents though. Believe what you will. I'm just offering another perspective in the matter

The thing is. If you put words like that on such a high pedestal and make them "not ok to say". You basically just do the opposite and make it worse. Same thing with "oh i can say it but you cant cause you are not that ethnic group". The important thing behind these words is the context in which you use them.
Words like the N word are used in a sense of companionship among black people for example. So if a non black person says it in that context its for some reason not ok.
So you either completely ban those words for everyone equally and limit our language more and more.
Or just allow them and put some faith in people to be smart enough to understand context.

And of course being upset about the word karen is dumb as fuck but thats where policing language like that leads to. A generation where everyone gets upset about everything and people get cancelled for jokes.

Because it never stops.
Yeah...but it doesn't stop because that's an intrinsic part of how both language and societal norms operate. Both are adaptive by nature. And not too long ago, in the grand scheme, you can bet there were plenty of people who once said "What, you mean I can't even say 'Wop' any more? Where does it end?" I'm with Stormy on this one: it's just so much easier that, once you know there's any stigma related to any label for any ethnic group (especially one they never chose for themselves or generally embraced as a culture), avoid the term, rather than put yourself in the position of trying to decide which culture's grievances are legitimate enough to be respected. Too much work, too much drama.

And too much arrogance, frankly--for my part anyway: nobody is really particularly entitled to that determination, imo. Now it certainly is easier to just go along with a racial term being blacklisted when we know some of the historical derogatory use of a term, or have first hand knowledge of its being used so in a contemporary context, but even when I don't have that first hand knowledge, I just prefer to take it on faith some asshole has used it offensively at some point. As someone who has lived on either side of the Atlantic, I suspect that many Americans fail to understand why a phrase like "he got gyped" is so problematic--to use just one from an unlimited number of potential examples.

Beyond that, why would I want to get in an argument with someone over whether something they consider a slur is a slur? It's not going to be a beneficial use of anyone's time, and I can't imagine any spin on that argument that doesn't make the advocate look bad, even if they went in to the topic with the best of rhetorical intentions. I mean its quite one thing to make a stand against it in the abstract, but sooner or later predicating your position on such a stance means looking someone in the eye and saying, "no, you don't get to be called what you want to be called, or not called what you don't want to be called. You're the bubbawoopas, if the rest of us decide. Live with it."

I just don't want to be that guy, personally, so I just choose to bend with the breeze on this one at the very origin of where the problem might otherwise arise. It's not really that hard, after-all: in my studies of human history (among other subjects of relevance) I have committed to memory many countless of thousands of ethnonyms: I can easily learn to remember to use one more and one which is considered offensive to those people. Although, I don't know about you, but there's really not much learning needing to be done here: I've known that the indigenous peoples of far North America prefer to call themselves by Inuit or more discrete tribal names since the third grade, and I'm chugging along in my forties now, so this is not exactly a new change either.

Last edited:
Yeah...but it doesn't stop because that's an intrinsic part of how both language and societal norms operate.
It doesn't stop because that's how SJWs operate. Their sole purpose is not to fight any legitimate fight, their sole purpose is to score twitter likes and follows for themselves off a "cause". Once an SJW runs out of things to complain about, they immediately invent more things to complain about out of thin air. It's complaining for the sake of complaining, cancelling for the sake of cancelling, the process itself is the end goal and for that reason it can never stop by itself unless shut down by a third party. That's the core issue you need to understand about this whole cultural situation.

It doesn't stop because that's how SJWs operate. Their sole purpose is not to fight any legitimate fight, their sole purpose is to score twitter likes and follows for themselves off a "cause". Once an SJW runs out of things to complain about, they immediately invent more things to complain about out of thin air. It's complaining for the sake of complaining, cancelling for the sake of cancelling, the process itself is the end goal and for that reason it can never stop by itself unless shut down by a third party. That's the core issue you need to understand about this whole cultural situation.
So, what, is it better to just ignore all the SJW complains because there's no way any of their complains have possible valid reasons as they are supposedly only complains for the sake of complaining and cancels for the sake of cancelling?

Is it not better to do your own research into their reasoning for complaining and decide on your own wether to take their arguments seriously or not rather than generalizing all of their actions as a part of a "culture"?

The problem is that SJWs hold way too mcuh power in society. And the way this is going you can literally get cancelled for everythign nowadays.Of course you maybe shouldnt say the n word out loud if you dont wanna get shit but thats also part of the problem here. SJW dont give a fuck about the context stuff is used in. Lets take comedians as an example if someone makes a joke about black people or rape or whatever he will probably get alot of shit for it for absolutely no reason or maybe even get cancelled. The fact that comedians are forced to pubilcly apologize for jokes is a good example of how fucked this whole thing is already.

On the other hand some SJWs arent any better when it comes to racism.
Theres a good example of a trans white student running for a school intern office of diversity who got denied the position because he is now
"A white man and not diverse enough"

The TL;DR with SJWs at best is they don’t understand double standards. In other words, not practicing what they preach.
And a good number of them are exactly the degeneracy that they’re speaking out against, the ultimate form of projection. It’s hysterical when they get exposed or being guilty of exactly the thing that they’re complaining about.

Back