SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Surely it can't be as bad as FFXV though. In that game it felt like you just mashed buttons with no strategy. One of the least enjoyable combat experiences in a FF game I've ever had to deal with.

It was mocked as "X-button - the game" but i really liked the fighting system.
More ATB than current FFs.
Paradigm shift was cool af.
A lot of intricacies with the battle mechanics and the characters, like:

Vanille and Fang can't really be buffers with others or they'll just alternately cast buffga with the other, normally buffing team members
Buff
Buffga
Buff
Buffga
lol.

Lightning, although you can't make her a tank at the start, late game can make Vladislaus whiff 90% of his attacks as tank.

And some characters are better at crowd control than others.

And i really liked Lightning, even made a CAS Lightning with Natsu's style.

Oh and FF13 was also my first ever platinum trophy :)

Last edited:
Final Fantasy series is nice, but I could never finish their games. Other games catch my interest.The only RPGs I've ever finished was Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and 3, Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2, and at one time Pokemon gameboy games gen 1 to gen 6(I quit pokemon after x and y).

I'm currently into Monster Hunter World and Phantasy Star Online 2 though.

God, I'm still waiting on my copy of FFVII Remake to come in while whittling away at Animal Crossing (and as of yet unfinished playthrough of FFXII on the side).

On the fence with the remake. Generally need to see an LP before going with a purchase.

Anyways I’ve decided that the main region the novel/RPG I’m planning is now an archipelago of colonies the protagonist/ my main CaS is trying to unite.

On the fence with the remake. Generally need to see an LP before going with a purchase.
Don’t you lose your sense of wonder doing that, though? If you’ve already seen someone else do it, it won’t feel anywhere near as special or adventurous, you tracking new ground, you discovering things all your own. These are things that excite me about playing games, especially RPGs or anything heavily story-based.

Related, I’ve been playing the Yakuza series, and I really am sad I didn’t get into these games sooner. I finished Yakuza 0 last week and finished Yakuza Kiwami yesterday, and they’re just fantastic experiences all-around. I’m going to be sad when I finish Yakuza Kiwami 2 and then don’t have any of the others to play, I’m sure (playing on PC).

Don’t you lose your sense of wonder doing that, though? If you’ve already seen someone else do it, it won’t feel anywhere near as special or adventurous, you tracking new ground, you discovering things all your own. These are things that excite me about playing games, especially RPGs or anything heavily story-based.

Related, I’ve been playing the Yakuza series, and I really am sad I didn’t get into these games sooner. I finished Yakuza 0 last week and finished Yakuza Kiwami yesterday, and they’re just fantastic experiences all-around. I’m going to be sad when I finish Yakuza Kiwami 2 and then don’t have any of the others to play, I’m sure (playing on PC).

Since they ported 3,4 and 5 to PS4 I imagine a PC release will be incoming this year sometime.

Since they ported 3,4 and 5 to PS4 I imagine a PC release will be incoming this year sometime.
We can hope so, and it's a reasonable assumption to make. I just doubt they'll have it ready for me by next week, which is likely the point at which I'll be done with Yakuza Kiwami 2, so there will still be an angst-filled delay, unless I cave and pick them up on PS4. But then there's also the matter of Yakuza 6, which, if the Yakuza 3-5 Remastered Collection comes to PC, it's reasonable enough to suggest that Yakuza 6 would come to PC as well, but for now, it's PS4 exclusive. Yakuza 7 on the horizon as well, also PS4 exclusive... I've already removed PS4 from my life, and I'd like for it to stay that way, personally. But I love these games so much, I might be forced to cave... I don't like it. :talimcry:

We can hope so, and it's a reasonable assumption to make. I just doubt they'll have it ready for me by next week, which is likely the point at which I'll be done with Yakuza Kiwami 2, so there will still be an angst-filled delay, unless I cave and pick them up on PS4. But then there's also the matter of Yakuza 6, which, if the Yakuza 3-5 Remastered Collection comes to PC, it's reasonable enough to suggest that Yakuza 6 would come to PC as well, but for now, it's PS4 exclusive. Yakuza 7 on the horizon as well, also PS4 exclusive... I've already removed PS4 from my life, and I'd like for it to stay that way, personally. But I love these games so much, I might be forced to cave... I don't like it. :talimcry:

Indeed they had a survey in the digital Yakuza collection for 3,4,5 asking players for feedback and some of the questions were whether they had played on PC so I imagine they are being coy about Steam releases to get impatient people to double dip!

I just look forward to the day where all games simultaneously release on all platforms. That may never come, due to consoles making deals with developers, but a girl can dream.

Sadly many Japanese publishers will hold back on PC releases of singleplayer heavy games because I guess they think they can get more sales by getting the console copies sold first..... (Western publishers have done this for giant games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption 2)

My PS4 and Switch have been among my least played consoles ever due to me switching to PC in 2017, but honestly with how big these goddamn games get it it nice to have console to put those data hog games onto (AKA those stupid battle royale games)

For now SEGA has my double dipping because I want my purchases to convince them to localize Yakuza Ishin and make a Kiwami Kenzan and then localize that too!

Thankfully some publishers aren't doing the double dipping, of all the greedy overlords, Namco Bandai abstaining from it is actually kind of surprising. I get the hard drive space issue. I actually have an external hard drive that is dedicated to storing games that I'm not currently playing so that I can install the games I actually am playing to the SSD for faster loading times.

Sega is bumming me out, though. They acquired Atlus, which I thought for sure would mean that Atlus games would be coming to PC, and they even teased Catherine Classic last year, but... nothing since. I'd definitely pick up Catherine: Full Body and Persona 5 Royal if they'd come to PC. I've already played Catherine on Xbox 360 and Persona 5 on PS4, so I don't really have a drive to buy them again for PS4, but I definitely would pick them up if they came to PC. There's just so much more you can do with games on PC, with mods and the like, and generally the graphical options are better, officially supported or not. Like take SoulCalibur VI, imagining that I would have to deal with the blurry stage backgrounds would kill the game for me. But not only that, and this is kind of because of the double dipping I guess, but generally the PC version comes with all the content that gets nickle and dimed to consoles through preorders and various editions. On PC, you just get them all for buying the game, as it ought to be.

Nature Day is starting in ACNH tomorrow and I can't wait to overload my entire island with bushes. Funny how I'm still dumping hours upon hours into this game when I expected FFVIIR to be taking up the brunt of my playtime ever since I got it (I'm currently in chapter seven - the last time i played was like two days ago though lmao).

So Yakuza Kiwami 2 is shaping up to be a lot longer than I was expecting, though I may have knocked out the longest side questing stuff within this past week, in most of the bouncer missions (got to the Amons... yeahno...), all of the cabaret club, all of the construction tower defense (except the last bonus mission, see previous comment on bouncer missions), a decent chunk of the coliseum, and everything else inbetween, there's been a lot of things keeping me busy and distracted from the story. Not to mention the revamped visuals and geometry of everything, even though it is still Kamurocho and Sotenbori, it's like night and day, the graphical direction and level of detail is simply off the charts in Kiwami 2 compared to 0 and Kiwami 1. It almost felt like a new pair of cities, though obviously I knew that it wasn't the case. But it's nice to be able to go to Sotenbori again, weird that that was not included in Kiwami 1. I've just started Chapter 7, and here I was expecting to be nearly through with the game by now.

I am really sad that Pocket Circuit Racing didn't make a return, though, as that was one of my more favorite things to do, and I wanted to see some new tracks and see where that ended up... oh well. I do like the ever-evolving Sega arcades, though whoever decide to take the realism approach on the UFO Catcher for Kiwami 2 made a terrible decision, as not having visibility from the side leaves a lot to be desired for depth perception, and I've had more success just knocking stuff off into the hole than actually catching things with the claw... and I've only done it for substories so far, I'm really not looking forward to catching all the toys for the completion list, if this is how it's gonna be. Virtua Fighter 2 is neat, makes me wonder if Yakuza was under Namco instead of Sega if we'd see Tekken or SoulCalibur!

Back