SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Patroklos: Flawed character, but in a good way. He grows and matures. Interesting backstory with Setsuka having trained him but he trends to his mother's style anyway out of love or respect or whatever, but still has a iaido-esque fashion with his sword tucked into his shield. Quite unique as a playstyle, too, a masculine sword and shield style for the first time since Link from SoulCalibur II. Arguably SoulCalibur III's custom Sword & Shield style, but Abelia being the champion of it, that's debatable. His Alpha style is just super fun, what Setsuka wanted to be but never could due to the games she found herself in.

Pyrrha: Foil to Patroklos, mostly does her job well. She's a tragic case who doesn't want to be where she is, but her life was ruled by others and she does her best to cope. Seems to be on the good path to get things set proper after reuniting with Patroklos and defeating Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. Her playstyle is basically just Sophitia with a smidge of Cassandra and some cuteness piled on, and her Omega style is a riot to see a malfested Sophitia style, and it's even better used by Elysium, which is cool.

Natsu: I really like the girl, mostly because she's got the right level of edge and spunk that's there but isn't enough to annoy. Sucks that she replaced Taki, I get it, but her moveset is just honestly leaps and bounds superior to Taki's, a lot more fun to play, and more interesting. We don't really have her full backstory, sadly, as is the case with the other two kids I haven't brought up yet, but I wanted to start positive and work my way down the list.

Viola: She's just Amy but without her rapier and with a spell orb instead, having lost her memories. Cool as an angle, sad we didn't get a resolution to her story arc, but it is what it is. Her playstyle is very unique and added a lot to the table, unfortunately support for the game was dropped before she could be fully balanced and she was either too good or not good enough before and after the nerf, respectively. Still fared better than Z.W.E.I., who was never good.

Z.W.E.I.: Shrouded in mystery, might be someone new we've met in SoulCalibur VI for the first time, because it's confirmed that Z.W.E.I. was not his original and natural state by New Legends of Project Soul, but it will be neat to rediscover him, should we do that in the future. His playstyle is also rather unique, and it sucks that he was always bottom of the lowest barrel in tier, because he has a lot of potential, just... needs to be worked on.

Leixia: Dear god, why. I know why, but it doesn't make it any better. Sheltered princess archetype, exploring the world for the first time, naïve as all hell, blah, just doesn't do it for me as a character, not even in my tastes at all. Would've been more interesting to see Xianghua's progression like we got a hint of Kilik's, especially because Leixia's moveset is actually far less silly than Xianghua's (thank Hwang, I guess), except it doesn't fit the character. It annoys.

Xiba: Kill it with fire. Everything about this kid is disgusting. Kilik was cool for being the Monkey King without actually being the Monkey King. Getting the kid version of him, while true to the Monkey King's character, just... is not pleasant to deal with. Especially when he's representing both Kilik and Seong Mi-na on the roster space. His moveset is beyond goofy and doesn't serve either of his predecessors. I'll admit that it's my own biases, like Leixia, that prevent me from liking this character, but it's also because he wasn't fleshed out properly to try and justify anything about him, and we didn't even get his feels trip to meet and have to abandon his father, as I alluded to above.
Welp, Nyte’s Ghost is going to haunt you from the grave after dying from reading a post that mostly praises five out of the seven SCV newbies.

Natsu: I really like the girl, mostly because she's got the right level of edge and spunk that's there but isn't enough to annoy. Sucks that she replaced Taki, I get it, but her moveset is just honestly leaps and bounds superior to Taki's, a lot more fun to play, and more interesting. We don't really have her full backstory, sadly, as is the case with the other two kids I haven't brought up yet, but I wanted to start positive and work my way down the list.

Natsu is probably the most thoughtout successor of the new kids, and is definitely the least offensive replacement as most people are fine with the old guard passing the touch to the new. Though both Taki and Natsu should have been in SC5, but instead we just got Natsu and the relationship between to two was brushed over. Perhaps when the time comes we will get this master and student dynamic, plus there's a story to be had with that demon inside of Natsu.

Last edited:
Patroklos: Flawed character, but in a good way. He grows and matures. Interesting backstory with Setsuka having trained him but he trends to his mother's style anyway out of love or respect or whatever, but still has a iaido-esque fashion with his sword tucked into his shield. Quite unique as a playstyle, too, a masculine sword and shield style for the first time since Link from SoulCalibur II. Arguably SoulCalibur III's custom Sword & Shield style, but Abelia being the champion of it, that's debatable. His Alpha style is just super fun, what Setsuka wanted to be but never could due to the games she found herself in.

Pyrrha: Foil to Patroklos, mostly does her job well. She's a tragic case who doesn't want to be where she is, but her life was ruled by others and she does her best to cope. Seems to be on the good path to get things set proper after reuniting with Patroklos and defeating Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. Her playstyle is basically just Sophitia with a smidge of Cassandra and some cuteness piled on, and her Omega style is a riot to see a malfested Sophitia style, and it's even better used by Elysium, which is cool.

Viola: She's just Amy but without her rapier and with a spell orb instead, having lost her memories. Cool as an angle, sad we didn't get a resolution to her story arc, but it is what it is. Her playstyle is very unique and added a lot to the table, unfortunately support for the game was dropped before she could be fully balanced and she was either too good or not good enough before and after the nerf, respectively. Still fared better than Z.W.E.I., who was never good.

Z.W.E.I.: Shrouded in mystery, might be someone new we've met in SoulCalibur VI for the first time, because it's confirmed that Z.W.E.I. was not his original and natural state by New Legends of Project Soul, but it will be neat to rediscover him, should we do that in the future. His playstyle is also rather unique, and it sucks that he was always bottom of the lowest barrel in tier, because he has a lot of potential, just... needs to be worked on.

Leixia: Dear god, why. I know why, but it doesn't make it any better. Sheltered princess archetype, exploring the world for the first time, naïve as all hell, blah, just doesn't do it for me as a character, not even in my tastes at all. Would've been more interesting to see Xianghua's progression like we got a hint of Kilik's, especially because Leixia's moveset is actually far less silly than Xianghua's (thank Hwang, I guess), except it doesn't fit the character. It annoys.

Xiba: Kill it with fire. Everything about this kid is disgusting. Kilik was cool for being the Monkey King without actually being the Monkey King. Getting the kid version of him, while true to the Monkey King's character, just... is not pleasant to deal with. Especially when he's representing both Kilik and Seong Mi-na on the roster space. His moveset is beyond goofy and doesn't serve either of his predecessors. I'll admit that it's my own biases, like Leixia, that prevent me from liking this character, but it's also because he wasn't fleshed out properly to try and justify anything about him, and we didn't even get his feels trip to meet and have to abandon his father, as I alluded to above.
I almost 100% agree with this minus the fact that I actually quite enjoyed Leixia. Her attitude just appealed to me, minus her hots for maxi, which was... Weird. Otherwise, she reminded me in a way, of a more mature xianghua. It's controversial viewpoint, but I had a lot more time with Leixia more than xianghua. I'll say it right here tho, I still prefer Leixia's style.

Xiba in the other hand. It's disgusting. That's all I have to say on the matter. I feel bad for X and Kilik given that their child ended up being that abomination. No wonder Kilik ran away.

Natsu is probably the most thoughout successor of the new kids, and is definitely the least offensive replacement as most people are fine with the old guard passing the touch to the new. Though both Taki and Natsu should have been in SC5, but instead we just got Natsu and the relationship between to two was brushed over. Perhaps when the time comes we will get this master and student dynamic, plus there's a story to be had with that demon inside of Natsu.
I agree. I really want to see natsu again, and a bit earlier. She was more interesting to me than taki ever was, but people want "sexy boob ninja" more than Natsu. I get that she replaced a popular character, but she is still an interesting character with a solid story arc.

Again, fuck Xiba.

minus her hots for maxi, which was... Weird.
She is a cock destroyer..
780gNRf.png

Again, fuck Xiba.
1579286044346.png

After reading y'alls comments, I notice a running theme that if these new characters had been able to be better contextualized through the story, they would have been able to realise their full potential and been better received by the player base (except for maybe Xiba, lol). I agree with this! It's too bad SCV didn't get the support it deserved in development. :( As a result a lot of those new characters came off as a bunch of randos that replaced iconic and beloved characters. °sigh° I hope that someday, maybe in like Soul Calibur 8 or 9 lmao, we can see these characters again and have proper development and resolution for them in the story. I would love to know how things turned out for Viola in particular, especially now that we know what we do about Azwel and the crystal ball and Amy's memories...

I notice a running theme that if these new characters had been able to be better contextualized through the story, they would have been able to realise their full potential and been better received by the player base

No, this is the exception to the rule. Natsu kinda gets away with it because she's officially Taki's apprentice, but I would only accept this if Taki and Natsu were in the same game.

No, this is the exception to the rule. Natsu kinda gets away with it because she's officially Taki's apprentice, but I would only accept this if Taki and Natsu were in the same game.
Understandable! I can get behind that. It would be nice if we could get new characters but necessarily not at the expense of old ones. If only they could co-exist as different derivatives of the same fighting style.

Taki not taking Natsu’s moves might also be a sign that they plan on keeping them separate from one another, planning to be able to have them both without them being clones of each other.

Iirc Natsu didn't have many unique attacks to begin with, concerning new animations.

Off the Top of my head:

6AK/6AB (Taki now has 6A as 4A, the only carry over? )
4B
Arahabaki
BE RO Grab
BE teleport
Different 66B+G
Feint PO transitions

All else was just Taki moves with differing properties, like from neutral/stance, and frames, or jumbled up, like AAB which was a mix of Taki AA and 33_99ABBB.
33_99AB which is Taki 33_99A followed by 33_99B.
Or WR B4A+B <- i miss that one a lot tho.

Did i miss anything?

Last edited:
I am starting to feel bad for Nyte/Lazorguns. Perhaps we should be extra nice when he returns, as he is not finding love on he marvel boards...

A8908AC7-00D5-444D-B1D9-B42481AA6B5E.jpeg
A6E48C0D-F61F-41AF-ADEB-7543814D6A57.jpeg

As you can see this guy makes friends wherever he goes!

Last edited:
I mean, for the most part, you get what you give, at the end of the day. If he’s capable of civility, then I’m sure it would be repaid in kind. I do my best to treat everyone with respect, but he just makes it really hard sometimes.

True. I was half joking about being nice to him... obviously he needs to be nice first! I know it’s objectionable but I can’t help but laugh at his topics on other boards because they are full of arguments and name calling and it’s all just so typical Nyte

I am starting to feel bad for Nyte/Lazorguns. Perhaps we should be extra nice when he returns, as he is not finding love on he marvel boards...

View attachment 75456View attachment 75457

As you can see this guy makes friends wherever he goes!
Link to the thread. I’d like to read it myself.

When it comes to Nyte...when he decides to show some respect he’ll receive it in return. If he keeps acting like a jackass...you know the rest.

Link to the thread. I’d like to read it myself.

When it comes to Nyte...when he decides to show some respect he’ll receive it in return. If he keeps acting like a jackass...you know the rest.

The second topic has the more brutal replies like “I feel sorry for your parents”

I know it’s bad of me to keep highlighting/shitposting about Nyte/Lazorguns but it’s just so EASY and I can’t help but find him a source for nearly unlimited laughs....at his expense of course...

Please forgive me god, I’m trying to be good!

The second topic has the more brutal replies like “I feel sorry for your parents”

I know it’s bad of me to keep highlighting/shitposting about Nyte/Lazorguns but it’s just so EASY and I can’t help but find him a source for nearly unlimited laughs....at his expense of course...

Please forgive me god, I’m trying to be good!
Yeah, wow...after reading that, I question the utility of everything I've said over the last six months about cutting him some slack now that he is not here to defend himself. Or...at the very least, I'm just grateful that he is in fact the problem of other forums for the time being. I had an impulse when I first read your post further above to say "Is it really reasonable to call him out from another forum?", but after actually following the links, I feel like I get it a little better: it really is hard not see the shades of the same basic arguments. Edit: though I will say, it is still probably pragmatically the better option to observe silently.

Last edited:
I have to agree he hasn't learned a damn thing about civility, it actually looks worse in that it appears he's lost the plot. The guy doesn't have the ability to agree to disagree and I bet if I said that to him, he would probably response to me like a rabid dog who's balls I just stepped on.

Can we try and bond over something else than over somebody else's troubles? imo this has reached a level of aggressive schadenfreude and at the same time sadness which I don't feel comfortable reading on an SC forum (even if it's the shitposting thread). Man, this thread used to make me laugh.

Maybe it's the endless waiting that brings out stuff like this, but I cannot see how this is any helpful.

Back