SC Facebook Strives for Activity!

• Admin
As we all know, the social media outlets for Soulcalibur have been the home of Namco advertisements and Namco advertisements. However, the Facebook group is looking to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Soulcalibur series by updating their page regularly with fun posts.

You will also notice that they have updated their profile picture to celebrate as well. The future is looking good for our series if they are willing to put in this much effort today. It has been about two and a half years since SOULCALIBUR: Lost Swords was released. Let's see what news they have in store for us.

SCFB1.png SCFB2.png

Source:
Soulcalibur Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur/?fref=nf

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Ok, I was "meh" about everything related to Soulcalibur. Now I'm slightly curious about what they'll do... If they do anything ^^

Easy call there. I don't dislike ZWEI as much as most of the other SCV newcomers, but his fighting style and completely unexplained floating werewolf torso was a little too far out there for me. Part of one of those SCV things that completely abandoned any pretense of historical grounding. That probably sounds kind of hypocritical coming from a guy with Lizardman in his avatar, but the way I see it, most of the really out-there fantasy elements from the Soul Series came from a few established sources. Soul Edge, the Fygol Cult, The Evil Seed, and (maybe) some influence from the Greek gods. These were big events

Then SCV came and we've got this new concept of "malfested" people, we've got ZWEI and Viola who fight with completely unexplained magical elements. We've got Lord of the Rings battlegrounds with giant bird monsters and giant Astaroth monsters just... happening. Half the characters are now immortal. Half of them have half-baked reasons for it. Magic this, magic that. Astral Chaos is no big thing, come on in, go back in time, fuck you.

Anyway, ZWEI reminds me of that, so I don't like him that much.

So Vampires and Golems are fine but werewolves are where you draw the line?

As far as i recall magic has always been pretty nonsensical, especially in regards to the effects from Soul Edge. Some people turn into lizards, other people turn into vampires, and still more become whatever the hell Nightmare is. It would have been nice to have this elaborated on but honestly "Magic / Soul Edge did it", is ingrained a lot into the series in order to explain much of it.

Last edited:
It's pretty stupid of them to pit an iconic fan favorite who's been in all games since Soul Edge against a newcomer we barely know anything about. Same thing's gonna happen with Taki vs Shitsu.
They should've pit ZWEI against Shitroklos or any of the newcomers instead.
It's gonna end up being Mitsurugi/Siegfried Vs Taki, and Taki's gonna kick both their asses. :sc1tak1:

I talked to my friend who is an expert on PR and promotions on Facebook. She said that groups can boost their ratings/priority on people's News Feeds by making posts of certain contents (short texts, pictures etc) over certain periods of time, which affects Facebook algorithms to push them forward. She estimates that at current rate SoulCalibur rating will peak somewhere in September, which is the month of Tokyo Game Show, as some of you know. Group admins can at that time pay for the posts to be advertised to non-members as well.

So, what is it that the official Soul Calibur page is preparing for...? Hopefully, not another pay-to-win game. xD

It's really curious how early they're posting about the new battle this time. It's as if they want the first tournament over by Gamescom 2016.

Doubt we'll get anything at Gamescom. If we get an announcement before 2017, my bets are on TGS. If not, then probably after Tekken 7 is out. Which sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back