SC6 Tier list for Season 2

Raphael ISN'T the best character and certainly not Top 5 anymore. The nerfs have been real.

He is good but not the best or close to it.

And I'm sick of people overrating Amy. Amy ISN'T Top Tier. If she had her full movelist from the start and the PI from stance then you could make the case but that's not the reality and 4 RR are good and all but not enough to bring her to the Top 5 by itself.

Amy is High Tier with the potential to being the best character with Purple power. Outside of Purple, she ISN'T Top Tier.

Also, any list that has Xianghua at the bottom, Ivy on the same tier as Nightmare and Cassandra over Cervantes is just NO.

Ive literally seen a raph make a 1 health comeback in a tournament using only 4 moves in soul charge. That much about him not being toptier lul.
An amy is easily top 10 even without roses and its not like it is ahrd to get them one round and you have red.

That scenario has to do with player skill, not character. Tournament pressure and all that shit.

Amy is Top 10, agreed. Top Tier doesn't necessarily mean Top 10.

In Broken Destiny, the Top Tier were Setsuka and Cervantes.

In SC3 AE, the Top Tier were Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Yoshimitsu and Astaroth.

It always depends.

amy is better than all of them so is raph. Literally the only mu raph might "struggle" out of those 5 is sophie and struggling meaning 5 5 at worst

Last edited:
If you are still insisting in Purple Amy being the best, then yes, she is the best but Amy ISN'T Purple by default.

Getting the roses ain't easy at all at high levels. So no, she isn't better than those I mentioned by default.

The only matchup that Raphael may have an advantage is Mina out of those. He doesn't have advantage over the others so that's false. Hell, Cervantes murders Raphael.

Raph completely fucks them. Did you evr play azwel vs raph for example ? thats straight up one of azwels worst matchups its barely playable with how easily raph can hunt you down and stop you from getting into stances. And as soon as he is in which can almost happen immediatelly he has the advantage over azwel.Zas maybe it can go both ways but the thing is as soon as raph gets going zas has a real problem countering him because he is kinda based on being the guy who keeps up the pressure and if raph does it better he cant do much about it. Cerv i dont see it at all the character is based on spacing and poking you out and what thats thing raph does best ? Hunting people down who are trying to space him.

Concerning Amy yes i think even without roses she is top 5. Getting roses is extremely easy even at top lvconsidering that you basically get roses for every little knockdown or launcher you hit, that combined with the fact that she is a character based on poking and rushdown who can constantly stance dance and has a Gi for every scenario and for some reason is still able to fullscreen whiffpunish you even though she is supposed to be "close" range yea id say thats pretty easy.

Agree to disagree on Amy. Hitting those launchers and knockdowns ain't easy at all at the highest levels.

High level people will be watching for 88B, 66A+B and 3B is good but you have to be at point blank range for the 50/50 mix to work so nope.

GI stance stuff is very risky outside of purple so no, it isn't reliable to base your gameplan around it.

Cervantes, with right spacing can be played safely. In SC, he is more SCARY than Raphael and Raphael has the linear issues again which isn't the case with Cervantes.

Cervantes has the better Chip game and Armor break game of the two as well.

Yea i guess we disagree on that . Raph easily beats out everything cerv does and calling his SC better than raphs is a huge stretch as well. Id recommend labbing the matchup.

I play Raphael (and Amy) and play against a very good Cervantes player constantly.

I know the matchup, LOL!

Amy is honestly a tricky one to place. Sure, she’s not as ridiculous without the PRP but she’s still really solid without it. PRP just turns her into a Super Saiyan. Her damage is basically Xianghua’s without RRP and a more committable defensive game without WRP.

However, I feel we’d be able to get a stronger consensus of her in practice if we actually saw more consistent Amy play offline. With the exception of Sandman and JJJ, almost no one has really played her a lot in that area of tournaments at a high level. Which is depressing considering she has an interesting kit (albeit a high learning curve).

Last edited:
The criteria for Amy is easy for Tier lists.

Is her default base form.

I mean, she starts with a handicap and her damage is very shitty without the roses upgrade. Getting the roses AIN'T easy at high levels as that would mean a whiff punished with a rose convertion at the end, a 50/50 situation which is risky for Amy with her damage, a GI mixup situation and empty rose throwing is a NO, period.

She is very safe if played properly but her damage IS shitty and she can be destroyed easily if going gung ho. She also doesn't have the cheap hurtboxes of a Talim or a Cervantes.

She is Top 10, I would rank her as 8 in her default (High Tier) and obviously if you get there, the best character in Purple with all her mixes, damage and RI stance defense.

Amy is a close rane poke rushdown character who can constantly stance dance and throw out GIs for every scenario. Her stance game in itself is as easy as it gets while still being relatively safe and at a speed that makes it incredibly hard for people who dont grind the character do death to alsways react correctly to her options. So basically as soon as she is in your face , she is in your face and can unga you since stepping isnt realy an option either cause she has tools to counter it unless she fucks up. On top of that while being "close range character " she still has almost full screen aproach moves. A safe launcher an RE cancel (not the best one but still an Re cancel) amazing pokes and definitely good damage for someoen who can constantly spam you so arguing that she "has no damage without roses" is nonsense cause she has all the damage character like her should have. And considering that she has all of that tools in her stance game getting the " one launcher to get a rose of it " is pretty fuckin easy.
And all of that is just roseless amy. If we talk roses she is just completely braindead.

If you think that Amy close mixup is unga bunga, you need to work the matchup more, play Amy yourself or get better opponents.

Close range Unga is false.

And great damage without roses is straight up lying.

You seem trollish with the Amy stuff.

Well thats basically the copy paste statement everyone makes who is playing a broken character. "It isnt as easy as you think i swear ii need to work for it".
So does everyone else but they dont have the same tools.

I think the game is still relatively balanced for the most part. I mean things like Zas’ tracking and Raph’s wall damage really had to be taken care of. If all they did were buffs certain characters like the aforementioned two I brought up would end up getting away with way more than they should if these things didn’t get fixed, which is a big no no especially when the lower ranked characters are unable to keep up with them.

Back