SC6 Tier list for Season 2

Why does everyone insist that Sophitia is top 5
It was because she had a ridiculously oppressive Soul Charge, big damage off of punishment, strong guard damage, good movement, strong stepkill, and had generally no godawful matchups.

I personally don’t feel like she’s top 5 nowadays. The nerfs have reduced her pressure game by quite a bit. AS (236) A+B had it rough these last couple of patches to the point the last hit gets completely interrupted by Resist Impacts. She’s still a good character but not top 5 material anymore, especially with all the recent buffs towards characters like Nightmare and Hilde.

Sophi at S tier kinda makes me lose faith. I mean don't get me wrong, She's good, but I'd not put her at among the best. She has to overextend in order to use her longest range attacks, so you're more or less focused on a playstyle that revolves around bodying your opponent until they whiff. Any disciplined player will exploit her lack of versatility. So I really have no clue where you're coming from there. Her only safe options involve you chipping away slowly at the opponent's health, which several other characters do better. All in all, I'd put Sophi at A tier overall, but for me B tier. Nice, balanced character who can devastate in the hands of a master, but isn't "better" than most of the cast.

Guess this is it till a Hwang patch comes around I guess....

Top Tier: Cervantes, Ivy, Setsuka, Azwel, Hilde, Zasalamel

High Tier: Mina, Talim, Amy, Raphael, Siegfried, Astaroth, Haohmaru, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Sophitia, Xianghua, Cassandra, Geralt, Taki

Mid Tier: Mitsurugi, Tira, Voldo, 2B, Nightmare

Lower Mid: Kilik

Low Tier: Groh

Last edited:
Guess this is it till a Hwang patch comes around I guess....

Top Tier: Cervantes, Ivy, Setsuka, Azwel, Hilde, Zasalamel

High Tier: Mina, Talim, Amy, Raphael, Siegfried, Astaroth, Haohmaru, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Sophitia, Xianghua, Cassandra, Geralt, Taki

Mid Tier: Mitsurugi, Tira, Voldo, 2B, Nightmare

Lower Mid: Kilik

Low Tier: Groh
Some unsolicited thoughts..

#1 If you split the cast into characters who run offense (the learn-the-frames and pray you guess right MUs), and characters who are based on defensive reads (moves and toolkits based on solutions to offense), I don't think this game rewards the latter. With that said, I'm not sure about putting characters like Cervy (Warning: main bias) and Hilde in the same league as Ivy, Zas, and Azwel..
#2 W.R.T Mid Tier; why would you put Mitsu here and not in High Tier? How do you put him next to Voldo and Tira? I think his toolkit is mostly superior quality-wise.

Interested to hear your thinking :)

You can put him in High Tier if you want. He is borderline in both.

Mitsurugi, even with Shura, isn't the same as Season 1. And is hard for me to put him on the same rank as Haohmaru, which is his mold style, as Haohmaru is definitely better than Mitsurugi.

But again, none of this will matter in a month unless Hwang comes without a balance patch.

I play against a great Cervantes player and that motherfucker has everything. (Reminds me of SC2 Cervantes but less cheap than that version) If you have the execution, Cervantes is the best in the game and has been for a while. He excels in every area of the game.

And Hilde has received nothing but buffs since her inception. Her damage without meter is absurd and the way to play her makes it very difficult to break her defense. Extremely solid and absurd none meter damage to be anything but Top Tier.

Well, some areas where he (cervantes) falls short:

• Inferior guard damage
  • Inferior guard break game (i guess what I mean here is plus frames)
  • Inferior lows

As a result of the above, he dies to turtle, when the rest of that list have answers for turtle. Regardless of this however, I think that most that Top Tier list (bar Setsuka, I don't know anything about her) have these parts of their toolkit complete, and then some.

My gripes with Hilde being there would be her range issues. Yes she's got long range verticals, but is her range and what you get for it better than Mina or Raph? Can she control a stage like Ivy? I don't think so..

Yeah she's got great damage, but who doesn't in this game? Other than obvious stragglers like Voldo/Groh? Also for the record, I don't think damage should necessarily be measured by max combo damage; I think w.r.t tier-lists, damage should be about who wins the damage race over a set, i.e. potential for momentum and output.

Last edited:
Another weird af tier list. Putting Azwel in top 5 in 2020 yikes. Also whats with that tira downplay she is easily top 10

she's got great damage, but who doesn't in this game? Other than obvious stragglers like Voldo/Groh? Also for the record, I don't think damage should necessarily be measured by max combo damage; I think w.r.t tier-lists, damage should be about who wins the damage race over a set, i.e. potential for momentum and output.
Well Xianghua also has horrible damage output, even worse than either Voldo or Groh.

I dont think X has bad damage output considering her toolset. She has pretty good damage for a mixup character like her. If X had
nightmare damage shed be banned.

I dont think X has bad damage output considering her toolset. She has pretty good damage for a mixup character like her. If X had
nightmare damage shed be banned.
Yeah this is what I mean by the damage race over a set rather than just who have the highest single combo damage

Dunno people are weird. But i guess X has been legacy broken in every single game she was in so people ignore it.

My (very humble) two cents:

Top Tier: Ivy, Azwel, Siegfried, Mina, Mitsu, Zas, Raph, Geralt, Amy

High tier: Hilde, NM, Cervy, Asta, Xianghua, Cass, Sophie, Taki, Yoshi, Tira, Maxi

Mid tier: Voldo, Groh

Unsure tier: Haoh, Setsuka, 2B, Talim, Kilik

-----
Edit: For the record, I don't think anyone is unviable in this game. That said, I feel like characters in High tier are generally designed to run offence, which I don't think is adequately risky considering characters who have more defensive/counterplay styles dont get rewarded the equivalent of in damage for guessing right, thus losing the damage race over longer periods.

Last edited:
High Tier: Yoshimitsu

He is not high tier, he's mid tier. I understand why he would be seen as that because his Super Dragon Fly can mix you the fuck up hard, but all the stuff that makes him good is dependent on meter including his optimal combos bar a couple. I would even knock Astaroth, Cassandra and Geralt to mid tier as you still have to work for that damage. Mina I would put in top tier, her pokes are fast and hard hitting, plus she's excellent at neutralizing short range characters with her push out game and stamina guard damage, especially her oki.

nah tahts the one thing angrel is right about. Yoshi is definitely top 10 if not even better currently. He just isnt retard tier like amy

I remember Boom making some good points about Yoshi's wall carry, damage, mixup, and ring out potential

Back