SC6 Tier list for Season 2

My (very humble) two cents:

Top Tier: Ivy, Azwel, Siegfried, Mina, Mitsu, Zas, Raph, Geralt, Amy

High tier: Hilde, NM, Cervy, Asta, Xianghua, Cass, Sophie, Taki, Tira

Mid tier: Voldo, Groh

Unsure tier: Haoh, Setsuka, 2B, Talim

-----
Edit: For the record, I don't think anyone is unviable in this game. That said, I feel like characters in High tier are generally designed to run offence, which I don't think is adequately risky considering characters who have more defensive/counterplay styles dont get rewarded the equivalent of in damage for guessing right, thus losing the damage race over longer periods.
You forgot about Kilik and Maxi.

Though I do agree that Yoshi is hella strong. He is nutty when he gets up in your face topped with his ridiculous RO game.

You forgot about Kilik and Maxi.

Though I do agree that Yoshi is hella strong. He is nutty when he gets up in your face topped with his ridiculous RO game.
Fixed, so many characters.. Maxi with HG jeez.

I'm much less sure about Kilik

I remember Boom making some good points about Yoshi's wall carry, damage, mixup, and ring out potential

All depend on being launched which can only be done at close range. The trick to crushing these options of his is to just walk away. Also again, bar a couple of combos, all his optimal ones require meter. There are some others that do okay damage (66A+B 3BB or CH 6A+B 3BB or 44bB 66A 3AA), but they either have slow first attacks or you have to make a hard counter read. I'm not saying that Yoshi is weak, but you have to work for it on top of building meter and being resourceful with it.

My (very humble) two cents:

Top Tier: Ivy, Azwel, Siegfried, Mina, Mitsu, Zas, Raph, Geralt, Amy

High tier: Hilde, NM, Cervy, Asta, Xianghua, Cass, Sophie, Taki, Yoshi, Tira, Maxi

Mid tier: Voldo, Groh

Unsure tier: Haoh, Setsuka, 2B, Talim, Kilik

-----
Edit: For the record, I don't think anyone is unviable in this game. That said, I feel like characters in High tier are generally designed to run offence, which I don't think is adequately risky considering characters who have more defensive/counterplay styles dont get rewarded the equivalent of in damage for guessing right, thus losing the damage race over longer periods.

Mitsurugi isn't Top Tier, Thank God!!! That cheap mofo had his fun in the sun in games past.

I can understand people putting Raphael in Top but IMHO, the nerfs have been real. He ain't Season 1 Raphael where he was the best. Perfect Prep cancelling and B+G approaches ain't enough anymore.

Mina is strong but still Top Tier? Oki isn't as strong anymore and FC1KK mixes are nerfed which was her bread and butter besides 1B.

Nightmare is better but he still isn't High Tier. Free Soul Charge are still great to have but he has the same problems.

For Talim, check GGG and be convinced. Her combo damage being a pixie, frametrapping and B+G cancelling is Top notch. Borderline Top Tier.

Setsuka is Top. Consistent high damage for her spacing control. Good mixups and improved throw range from her past games. Even good oki options with Mary Poppins.

Question, why Geralt is Top in your book?

Also, as an Amy player I will always say....

Default Amy is High Tier, period. Purple Amy is Top Tier and Top 3 but again, that's not her default state.

Soooo, High Tier with potential.

@Angrel-San

Err what nerfs to raph are you talking about :| ths buffs to quick parade are real, as well as the buffs to his SC.

RE: Talim I'm convinced this MU is a combination of actually knowing her frames as well as having a good download on your opponents tendancies. Not an easy MU but not as ungabunga as everyone thinks.

RE: Geralt, his neutral game. Well maybe after the bugs from the latest patch yeah maybe he should be dog tier..

RE: Amy, cmon man.. She's a turn stealing, GI'ing, damage power house after round 1 (red roses).

Connecting the roses ain't as easy if you know the matchup.

Amy is predictable on default (but trickier with her full movelist.)

May as well make mine because why not:

S: Zasalamel, Raphael, Cervantes, Setsuka, Amy

A: Hilde, Seong Mina, Sophitia, Azwel, Yoshimitsu, Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Haohmaru, Xianghua, Geralt, Talim, Tira

B: Taki, 2B, Mitsurugi, Voldo, Astaroth, Maxi, Groh, Kilik

For Raphael, the tracking, Namco wants to see him forever linear. (Thankfully SC6 improved this a little)

He is still good but not as good as in Season 1.

May as well make mine because why not:

S: Zasalamel, Raphael, Cervantes, Setsuka, Amy

A: Hilde, Seong Mina, Sophitia, Azwel, Yoshimitsu, Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Haohmaru, Xianghua, Geralt, Talim, Tira

B: Taki, 2B, Mitsurugi, Voldo, Astaroth, Maxi, Groh, Kilik

The only thing I take issue with your list is that Maxi is too low.

I think this is his best game since SC3 console.

The only thing I take issue with your list is that Maxi is too low.

I think this is his best game since SC3 console.
I just think the HG nerf hit him harder than it should have and brought back the thing that he struggled with before: his susceptibility to counterplay. He’s saved by his range, 6A+B, big damage off CHs and the verizontals he has in some of his strings.

Literally just run up ground stab?
Her 1B isn’t that useful in an offline scenario due to the lack of frame delay. It’s only going to mess you up in lag online. And even then barely anyone is going to be stupid enough to sit there as Amy runs up to them.

Lets make a contribution to trigger people.
my-image.png

The official "How much brain do players have " list

Back