School of CaS: Advanced CaS Technique

You generally have to find another color. Usually something higher up in the reds. Just play around. The beauty marks are simple, but I also need it to make facial hair using the lip sticker.

I may actually try to create this, although I definitely do understand the weakness you reference SpellcraftQuill.

It would be useful to have a quick access reference on the forums CAS creators could use.

The Pokémon: Platinum Version "Dawn" cosplay for my angel, Ariel; an example of what I mentioned before about stickers being more difficult to match against underlying texture.

2019-02-22_11-20-40_PM.png

2019-02-22_11-20-43_PM.png

Seriously, why is it that this outfit looked so much better in the previous game… released seven years ago… on last generation's systems?

(Although the square sticker on the upturned portion of the "knitted cap" isn't so bad here, but the unnecessary border around the "pocket" stickers on her coat are a pain.)

(…of course that's ignoring the fabric bleeding through the "warlord's belt" on Ariel's default costume. XÞ)

Last edited:
in reply to both of you.
Beauty marks : use the spider sticker / rotation / smallest / pitch black
Facial hair : use the crescent scar sticker and play with size/angle in rotation mode. The bigger the size, the more imp (check my thread for latest use of those techniques for 2Barbarosa 'stache and sideburns.
Endless possibilities, more versatile than lip sticker, but both work :)

Where the heck is Amy ?

So I didn't see this mentioned in the thread (i.e., Ctrl+F 'cause I'm lazy), but speaking of light-colored facial hair… I've noticed that, far too often, people seem to make light-colored eyebrows the same specific color as light-colored hair… and this gives the impression that their eyebrows are glowing.

A simple way to rectify this should be to just make the eyebrow color a darker shade than the hair color; in the below example, Tira's hair color is 22,40:9, but her eyebrow color is 11,40:9 — though to most humans, they'd appear nearly the same.

2019-03-10_08-16-32_PM.png

Last edited:
Here's a formula for some cheap "fangs":
  • Equipment: Demonic Horns
  • Move Right / Left: +0
  • Move Up / Down: −8
  • Move Forward / Backward: +4
  • Width: −50
  • Length: −50
  • Thickness: −50
  • Rotate Vertically: +180
  • Rotate Horizontally: +0
  • Angle: −45
2019-02-26_04-56-57_PM.png

2019-02-26_03-59-10_PM.png

Admittedly I've only tried this with women, and naturally they only show up when the character's mouth is open… I mean, if your fangs protrude out of your mouth, you may want to see an orthodontist.

Last edited:
So this'll be a bit different from usual, but one thing I love about character creation is the ability to take a character select screen portrait for your character and having that portrait remain the "same" (baring superficial changes) when you make a copy of the character.

…except if you change the character's race or weapon style, in which case the portrait resets to the default. Now, me being me, I like having portraits remaining the same because it makes it easy for me to identify a particular character (since I do close-ups), but there have been instances where I wanted to create a character using different racial options ("Human" and "Lost Soul [Horned]", for example), or in the case of 2B, wanting a light-skinned variation and a dark-skinned variation:

soulcalibur%20cas%20-%202b%20%280%29.png
soulcalibur%20cas%20-%202b%20%281%29.png

soulcalibur%20cas%20-%20karen%20%280%29.png
soulcalibur%20cas%20-%20karen%20%281%29.png

soulcalibur%20cas%20-%20ariel%20%280%29.png
soulcalibur%20cas%20-%20ariel%20%281%29.png

So when it comes to replicating a particular portrait, I find it easier to set their pose speed to "very slow" (naturally), and use both the regular background and the portrait's background as a kind of "measuring tool." For example, 2B's pose involved her periodically tilting her head down and to the side ever so slightly… so I'd pose her in a way that her hairline (using Talim's hair) lined up with the edge of a column behind her… and the very top of her head lined up with the top-edge of that white-bordered red box in her portrait background.

Now, this still took a fair number of tries—I had one 2B on one row and the other 2B on a row directly beneath it, tapping up-and-down to flip back-and-forth between them—but once I got the portrait pose exactly the same I switched back to her default hair in the first version.

(Of course I'm sure there's a way for PC players to mod portraits. =Þ Sadly I'm a lowly Xbone player. Also the last set &@$#'d me off because a Lost Soul [Winged] character can wear the "chiton" dress, but a Human with the angel/feathered wings cannot… even through the wings are exactly the same! WTF, mates?!)

Last edited:
For any interested, I streamed a full creation last night when creating Magical Girl Amy.

If interested here is the direct link on Twitch:

Got a basic question: Is it possible to use dark+low saturation colours (not black) ? For instance, I can't recreate the dark green of 2B's 1p outfit (its barely green, but if I choose 0,30,0 with 0/9 saturation it is still too saturated.

Is this a limitation or are there workarounds ?

How do you make navel piercings in this game?
I haven't picked it up the Season 2 stuff, yet, so if they haven't re-released the Extra equipment earrings from SCV then we'll just have to wait.

If/when they release it, try setting their position to "Hips" and position/angle them so that they overlap (if I could get my 360 to work I could attempt screenshots or footage of the punk-rock schoolgirl I had made with a "belly ring").

Otherwise you'll just have to find something particularly small, like Voldo's… two pointy eye thingies (I can't recall the name XÞ).

EDIT: I saw in a video that the SCV earrings are back in. ♥ Also might have to use that new headband accessory to replace the "crescent moon" I had been using…

Last edited:
I haven't picked it up the Season 2 stuff, yet, so if they haven't re-released the Extra equipment earrings from SCV then we'll just have to wait.

If/when they release it, try setting their position to "Hips" and position/angle them so that they overlap (if I could get my 360 to work I could attempt screenshots or footage of the punk-rock schoolgirl I had made with a "belly ring").

Otherwise you'll just have to find something particularly small, like Voldo's… two pointy eye thingies (I can't recall the name XÞ).

EDIT: I saw in a video that the SCV earrings are back in. ♥ Also might have to use that new headband accessory to replace the "crescent moon" I had been using…

Is there another way to make navel piercings besides the earrings?

I mean, I suppose it depends on what kind of navel piercing you're going for? Like, maybe take the basic horn accessory and just have a teeny tiny bit peek out? (I was doing that for one character's beauty mark before replacing it with a sticker.)

I mean, I suppose it depends on what kind of navel piercing you're going for? Like, maybe take the basic horn accessory and just have a teeny tiny bit peek out? (I was doing that for one character's beauty mark before replacing it with a sticker.)

I've done the earring one, I just want to know the other ways to make one.

Can I request something? As a player with imperfect color vision, it's hard for me to pick the colors I want alone. Could some kind of color code resource be created? For example:

Gold
Silver
Blonde
Brunette

Etc. Color codes to achieve certain colors on metal/hair/fabric etc. Any advice? :)

Back