SCIV: Amy Strategies and Setups

pixel09

[09] Warrior
I think as far as SCIV, we should start over instead of being just a copy of Caliburforum. If you guys disagree just delete this.

Custom Strings
6BB, 6BB
Basic, yet effective.

6BB~236K,K
On first hit the follow up is uninteruptible.

Soul Crushers
6B+K
Crushes in 7-8 blocks

3B,A
Crushes in 7-8 blocks

22B_88B
Crushes in 10 blocks

Setups
1B, A+B,B
On 1B hit if the opponents attacks with something fast A+B will impact giving a free (A+B),B into a combo (exp. A+B,B, 33B, 66B+K~236K,K).

if you can jf it just keep doing it. if you can't...well i can't really recommend the move then. also it makes a good ender to many combos.

As Syn1ster said the 66B,8_2 is a pretty good evade even though you can't attack.

3A, 66B
The 66B jf or not is uninteruptible on 3A hit. However, the opponent can sidestep out of it although it's not easy.

typical situation that i have to inquire: is 3B unsafe? I think that i'm getting punished for 3B being blocked. but if that's the case is does open up some new gameplans that i'm trying to incorporate.

yes, it would beat any punish. However, if you spam 3BA all the time, it doesn't leave any room for mix-ups. You all claim that she's the new X, yet in still i don't see it....not yet anyway

3B I believe is -11 on block, so yes it is punishible. Actually using 3BA more often will enable you mixups, because the opponent will be less likely to just punish normally. I still think 3B,A will just be a useless scrub killer before long.

Is there any use for 6BB followup? I mean, 6BBB is very unsafe, and anything after 6BB can be interrupted as I see it (except B, which, as mentioned is really really bad).

Actually, 3B is -15 and 3BA is -11, both punishible on block. Sorry for any confusion.

6BB is very nice on hit, too bad I can't say the same for that on block.. -8, what were they thinking..

Is there any use for 6BB followup? I mean, 6BBB is very unsafe, and anything after 6BB can be interrupted as I see it (except B, which, as mentioned is really really bad).

6BB236BBBBBBBBBBB is uninteruptable (keeps them blocking after 6BB, but not safe)

6BB236A IS interuptable but just by 2A's and 2K's (to give you an idea)

6BB236 is only punishable by 2A. Not even a fast 2K will work.

you gotta mix it up after 6BB and 6BB236, keep them guessing, but there are no infallible options.

Oh and 3BA is safe on block, can't 2A it or anything

3B is punishable with BB (just to give an idea) but if you get them expect the follow up A then there is no time to realiate with a WS move.

Again, no infallible option but a really good mixup.

Just tossing some ideas out there, hope it helps.

Oh and 3BA is safe on block, can't 2A it or anything

Amy can 6BB a blocked 3BA, tested it many times. Yes, your beloved move is punishible, lol. Oh, and 1A is launch punishible (Amy's 33B launches it on block). Ain't that some junk. The more I figure up frames the more I think Amy is low tier.

Oh no! Amy can punish Amy's 3BA! I guess that means instead of Amy being top tier, now it's Amy who is top tier?

Seriously, most characters don't have an i11 from crouch. Hell, most characters don't have an i11 period.

Sweet nice find! Man 6BB is too fast! I'm gonna look at the frame data you posted.

And of course 1A is unsafe... launchable, not sure about that. Doing 33B out of crouch is gonna take some skills I don't have.

ILL POST MORE OF MY 2CENTS AND AMY INFO BUT YEA I WANT TO JUST CONFiRM THAT 1+A IS HORRIBLE IN HIGH lvl play. sry. its whorable for day 1 amy or day 2 even but.....its not good to do.
she has a gang of mid options that follow into 33B juggles but ofcourse u want sexy lows so the lows i suggest is 2k, 2B+K , A+K~1 and A+B~k mix up with the mid options since u have a gazzilion. but if i must tell you...use the good mid options plz;)

haha A+K~1 :) too much tekken

hey i still think 1A is good. You can't throw it out every other move but, it's way too fast to ignore. But anyway I already went over what's safe and what's super punishable on sc.com, so if you got a few minutes (or hours depending on the traffic at that site) you might want to look it over.

haha A+K~1 :) too much tekken

hey i still think 1A is good. You can't throw it out every other move but, it's way too fast to ignore. But anyway I already went over what's safe and what's super punishable on sc.com, so if you got a few minutes (or hours depending on the traffic at that site) you might want to look it over.
Couldn't find your safe and punishible list.. Oh well, I'll rediscover it in frame data work.

Anyone found any good pokes with her yet aside from the generic 2K and such? I thought 6BB was good, but -8 on block is just retarded, you can't honestly use it to poke someone down unless you are willing to risk it.

Back