SCIV: Amy Vs

Getting inside kilik is an easy task when you get use to his attacks. How i like how to get inside a kilik player is letting him attack until i see him going for that gajillion poke move(or any move that leaves him open for that matter), you side step before it hits you and viola he's wide open for whatever you want to do :D. Also his sweeps are a bit harder, however his mid to low sweep, i'm not sure what the right input is, if you block it the attacks don't push you that far off (if you're close) and it's very punishable with 6B+K or maybe not i'm not sure. ( sorry if i didn't make much sense haha )

I don't have the best tactics but they work(most of the time) heh i'm sure someone else with more experience can add more insight, i'm new to the whole soul calibur competitive scene.

Also any tips for Astaroth? i've been having the hardest time against him :/ his low sweep is just impossible for me.

Actually, what you're referring to is high to low sweep. Just duck and you'll block the only hit that will land on you then. As for the downed sweeps, you've only got two options. 1.) rush him and hit him with 236KK/236KA and just punish him so that he'll just try to block instead of sweeping you. 2.) Back off and let him try the sweep anyway. Lots of Kilik players spam that move anyway, that you can just force them to look like fools doing that every time and missing.

I play a lot against my brother who is pretty good with Soph. My problem is that when i get ahead he becomes Mr. Spamtastic. BB, 66B, BB......He mixes these up occasionally with 1A+B. The 1A+B I have no problem with, nor do I really have issues blocking most of his combos. But the constant spamming of BB, and 66B(I believe this is the move that she slams on you and forces crouch) keeps me from being able to pick up much offense. Any one have any ideas, I ask because reading what you all have wrote has improved my game greatly. I appreciate any help.

sidestep~33b, 66b+k, 236kk

btw the 236kk is easier if you do 236236kk

what is sophies 1a+B?

sounds like you should GI more as well.

I play a lot against my brother who is pretty good with Soph. My problem is that when i get ahead he becomes Mr. Spamtastic. BB, 66B, BB......He mixes these up occasionally with 1A+B. The 1A+B I have no problem with, nor do I really have issues blocking most of his combos. But the constant spamming of BB, and 66B(I believe this is the move that she slams on you and forces crouch) keeps me from being able to pick up much offense. Any one have any ideas, I ask because reading what you all have wrote has improved my game greatly. I appreciate any help.

66b is a launcher, it doesn't force crouch. You might be thinking of 4b, or maybe 44b+k which is a heavier overhead. I don't think either gives her advantage on block, and you have a fast poke in 6b that can be done from a crouch. If Sophie 2a ducks that, it'll lose to your 2a because she's not at advantage. If she does anything that leaves her head open, shove a 6bb up her nose, and force your mixup.

I'm in the Amy thread for a reason, lol. Trying to find out more info on the Amy/Voldo matchup for a local player, training some stuff leading up to the Buffalo tourney. He's unfamiliar with a lot of Voldo's tricks, since we don't have a real Voldo main around here. We don't get up to Toronto much anymore. What should Amy be looking for in particular in this fight? Tools against BT mixups? Common Voldo setups where she can use her 6b speed to interrupt, or at least interrupt moves that don't super crouch? How should she handle Mantis Crawl and Landfish?

I know more or less how I want to handle this matchup with Cervy, although I still get caught off guard by some tricks. I'm not sure what Amy should be doing though, other than just doing all of her safe moves and finding an opening for her mixup. I'm not really technically that knowledgeable of what exactly Voldo is doing when he does it, I just kind of learned through playing the matchup where I can stick iGDR in, where I can step/backdash, etc. So any help on that front as it relates to Amy would be helpful.

Actually, what you're referring to is high to low sweep. Just duck and you'll block the only hit that will land on you then. As for the downed sweeps, you've only got two options. 1.) rush him and hit him with 236KK/236KA and just punish him so that he'll just try to block instead of sweeping you. 2.) Back off and let him try the sweep anyway. Lots of Kilik players spam that move anyway, that you can just force them to look like fools doing that every time and missing.

if you back up just out of kilik downed a+k range, you have time to do 4a+b on reaction when you see him start to spin, and it will hit just as the move ends. just saying.

(of course, jumping it is much easier.)

no point.
just hit him with 33B while he's on the ground
if he does his stupid A+K stuff he gets launched. otherwise you just continue until he techs.
when he techs, apply 2B+K/33B mixup.

well, yes, but I like the warm glow you get from landing an i57 linear unblockable by spacing yourself a heartbeat away from a move that you can block in your sleep and for which you have about ten different vastly more practical and potentially more damaging answers.

anyway: any thoughts on killing lizard crawl, besides 6:6B? i'm retarded and can't always rely on hitting the JF.

Lizard crawl is terrible against amy. Everything can be stepped in the stance even the A. Even if you get hit by the A, if he does it again it can be stepped.

it's still a mind game

LC A -> step (on the side of Liz' weapon) : immediate LC A whiffs
LC A -> step : delayed LC A still hits

LC A -> 8A+B : beats another LC A but can be auto-GI'd, knocks down and gives wakeup
LC A -> 9K -> beats another LC A, can't be auto-GI'd but does crap damage, doesn't knock down
LC A -> 6:6B : beats about everything except another LC A and auto-GI

and this goes on for many option
basically the stance is still a nice tool for Lizardman IMHO

Thats the only thing that beats step. How many times are they going to want to do delay A? No lizardman will keep doing that. It just sucks for LM against amy in his stance.

I would be very interested to see one of your matches vs a good Lizardman player.
I do manage to do OK vs Lizardman, but I find that even if the stance isn't a major threat, it's still annoying to deal with.
I agree that it's nothing like Mitsu's RLC pressure though

Correct me if i'm wrong but "everything in LC is seeable except LC A" and "LC A+B does not guarantee a follow up when it GI's".

Based on that with step being able to get around all options besides a delayed LC A and Amy's 6:6B beating everything wouldn't the advantage still always be in her favor as is the same for almost all characters vs. Lizardman's LC.

Delaying LC A a "time and time again" seems reckless since he's in a fixed position.

http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=143850&postcount=93

Not many liz moves has good adv on hit, use 3A more, step to the left.
on LC
on block LC A -> 66BB interrupts ALL but aGI, deal with aGI anyway you want. if you get aGI'ed backjump or 8wrL

on hit LC A -> 66BB interrupts all but LC A, backjump deals with LC A, 8wrL beats all but delayed moves (just hold 8 (if p1) no timing needed)

on block LC K - LC A will trade with 2A. apply same strats as if LC A hit (above) , you cannot 8wr though, b/c LC K forces crouch

on block LC B - punish with 66BB

on block LC A+K B, usually people try to interrupt react accordingly
on block LC A+K LC , apply same strats as for LC A hit/LC K blckd
on block LC B+K i think 2KB is guaranteed.

on hit BT B+K dont tech. delayed BT B+K is a tech trap

note: if you backjump LC A or LC K , 2KB is free.

learn to block 1K on reaction, punish with WS B (FC 1B works but is hard, might get evaded by LC transition if you miss precise timing)

try applying some of those, just figure out some substitutes with amy (66B=33B etc)

I always found amy extremely easy to fight, its a bunch of 236 foot stab. Lol, She's fun, I sound like a hater. Thanks for the advice

^^
err, ok.

anyway, any advice on voldo? so far I've got: step to his right; a+b or duck the last hit of 66A+B, K. but post 2A+B shit confuses the hell out of me, I'm not sure what to do vs. mantis crawl, and I keep getting spaced out when he's in BS--it's hard to stay in 2B+K range. Also, the voldo i'm playing is very good at placing A+B at minor disadvantage when he thinks I'm going to throw out 6BB. I can negate that with step/b+K, I realize, but it still adds an additional layer of mindgame there that I'd rather not deal with. Any ideas?

Back