SCIV DLC for SCBD not possible

they sold it as a downloadable "patch"

tekken 5, the ps2 disc, was sold originally for what? $50+

tekken 5: dark ressurection IS tekken 5, but with new characters, moves, frame tweaks, etc... and was sold for $15, not requiring the original tekken 5 disc to play it, but a downloadable game saved to the ps3 hard drive from the playstation store.

why $15? because of some technicality that sony couldn't sell it as a "new" game. it was an "add-on".

and that's why i'm basing my hope of sc4:bd coming to console(s). there really is no reason for it not to come to xbox since sc4 is already on both platforms.

/magic pixey dust

they sold it as a downloadable "patch"

It was a standalone game that didn't require or reward any prior purchase. By whose definition is that a "patch?"

why $15? because of some technicality that sony couldn't sell it as a "new" game. it was an "add-on".

Whose technicality would that be, exactly? It sounds like you're invoking the purview of the FTC, but that case wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The fact is that games are re-sold all the time for full price on new platforms, especially fighting games. Dark Resurrection was 97% based upon something else, but it could have been 99.9% for all Sony and the better business bureau cared. Namco made a new product and sold it on the platforms where they thought it would sell, for the price they thought they could get. Nobody held a gun to their head and said "You are only allowed to sell this online, and you will charge no more than $15, because you already released an extremely similar product on an obsolete platform!"

I agree that T5:DR is a positive precedent that may prove similar to a future console version of Broken Destiny, but you have a distorted picture of the corporate realities in play.

lol. i totally forgot i was responding to mr. proof read. (:

i remember your post editing that nvga guy's, chingachachook?, grammar. fucking had me DYING.

you do have a point. i'll search for where i remember that information and try to provide a link.

if it's nothing more than a distorted memory, apologies, but hopefully it still happens.

Out of curiousity how soon did news of T5DR going onto PSN come from the time of the release on psp?

I'm just curious because if we had news about it being available for download at least by december then maybe the community could coordinate next years nationals before it's released.

I remember that it was downloadable in Asia for months and months before it made the American store, and lots of people created Korean dummy accounts just for that.

so, i searched, and searched, and came up, empty. ):

so, i'll own up to my incorrect recollection.

but, still referring to how tekken 5 dr was released, first the psp on mini-disc ~$49, then announced on ps3 as a download a few months later ~$20, then, for a month or so later for ~$10, a patch to ps3 t5dr, t5dr online.

still hopefull sc4 bd will follow the same pattern.

Back