SCIV Online: Good Happy Games

pixel09

[09] Warrior
All the bad game venting is depressing.. Anyone have some good games to talk about to get me to even bother playing the game online?

Yes you will find your good players online mixed in with the garbage. I've actually been having more decent matches than bad ones as of late. I am getting the hang of punishing spammers so they don't bother me as much anymore.

sorry pix i didn't mean to recreate an existing thread in the psn section. guess we'll let jax decide which one to keep if not both. didn't mean to step on any toes tho.

online its so hard to meet people who actually know what they're doing. Every time i meet someone who's not using Kilik or Mitts and spamming 6BB or BBB I instantly friend them. So far i only have like 4 SCIV friends.

I friend anyone who seems like they actually have some thought process behind their play, makes it easier to get 4 man practice rooms going. I find online can be very much a good experience as long as you use to make contacts, and get some practice against characters you might not see terribly often playing locally, or with your normal friends.

Good practice for your reactions and reading too. If you can react to and counter mid-low mixup online, you'll feel like you're the god damned flash offline.

There's a lot of spammers online. Kiliks and Mitsus get real old real quick. I play Astaroth (not very well, yet haha), but he's fun and a challenge to win with. I'm getting better. Look for me online if you're looking for someone who plays a lower tier character.

I was about to forget SC online ever happened when I saw a former colleague in my friends list playing SC IV. I sent him an invite and we have played two 2 hour sessions at least. Not once did I get "communicating". No lag to complain about, I was able to pull a few GI's on reaction.

We are about 30 km from eachother and we use the same ISP so that might have been why. My faith has been restored though.

As for random matches... Sometimes I see someone with very few matches or wins below their belt and I pick my favourite Asta and try to play a serious game. It doesn't always work. I saw someone with few matches pick X so I thought "it's not Mitsu, Kilik or Cervantes, let's go" and I picked Asta but then went down by spam and not being able to react in time.

I don't think I will play online anymore unless it's with people who I know have a solid connection.

So far I've played 85 online matches and have run into mostly spammers myself. I lost alot to them before since I was still new to the game, but nowadays I am able to deal with them and win more often. It just takes time. I have had the occasional match with good players and always make sure to send them a "good match" message whether I win or lose.

It seems the people around level 30 are those that tend to spam as kilik/mits/maxi.

Those at 50+ tend to play someone like Nightmare, Sophi, Mits, Lizard Man or Cervy and either spam really fast lows (so that you can't block them on reaction due to internet lag) or some gimmick that can ring you out. For example, Sophi's 1A is a fast low and Nightmare's 1A followed by that kick thing that picks you up off the ground and kicks you half way across the stage will basically ring you out from anywhere.

I used to play offline with my friends back in SC2 about 3-4 times a week. Being that we are [supposed to be] adults now I have only been able to play with them twice since the game came out.

Online has helped fill that void a little bit but it is no replacement in any way to being able to play my regulars irl.

I gave up on the ranked side a couple days in cause its just full of cheese. Player matches are better but its still hard to find that perfect storm of good, mature, non laggy players.

I'd say I have success once every four rooms, if I'm just finding random people, to be able to get good games.

My most recent matches online were with some players i had a great conenction to and in my opinion i had some good matches with them infact they are prettymuch the only people i play with whenever im online now.

I really cant wait till i get a new conection and get rid of this wireless crap im on, im sure ill have even better macthes with more people. one issue i noticed is i hardly ever play people from the east coast, allmost everyone is central and west coast or some other country, lol what gives???

I've had a few good ranked matches out of the 200 i've played... One guys is Good Anthony Yun but sort of cheesy but i can tell he knows what hes doing... lol he just knows thats all he has to do with sophy to beat me, but i get him every now and then... Another guy is KingJP hes pretty cool he always has good conversation along with the fight.... As for player matches OOFMATICS room is pretty fun there are always high level competition in his room so I know when i go in there its time to "FIGHT" :) but for anyone around the tennessee area with XBOX Live hit me up for some good matches, I'm a non-spamming Yoshimitsu Main.... and well thats it for now... so if you want me to switch characters too bad ;) haha I'm in "Love"

KDZaster
DC_lawless
beefylovelord
gin1988
bello11
typoonthareapa

so many good matches last night!!!

KDZaster
DC_lawless
beefylovelord
gin1988
bello11
typoonthareapa

I have DC_lawless on my f list.. he`s pretry good.. we are like 15-5 or something :)
There is GOOD competition online... recently people lvl 60 and up are playing very well.

Haven't been able to play for the past few days (been away from the PS3) but last week I had some good matches vs a very cool keep-away type mina. Definitely some of the most interesting ways I've seen mina played, kept my cass at arms reach everytime I tried to close. On my friends list, but can't remember off the top of my head and like I said, I'm away from the PS3.

Hats off to you bud. You know who you are.

I've only had a couple really good ones ... the rest are mostly laggers, spammers, or just freshly picked nooblets ... but the few good ones I've had were really good and like an idiot I lost most of their names

Not that I'm any good at all really ...

Anyway, if anybody wants any good games PM me or message me on Xbox Live ... name is Nuez NYC there ... I'm looking to get a few people and start up a regular 4-man session room ... I'm in New York obviously ...

Hit me up if you're interested =)

posted in the vent thread, but yeah.

finally found a 5bar match this morning at around 2am here xD always fun when there's minute lag ;) previous matches with others were lagtastic. more due to the fact, that i'm fine with 4bar matches but during the match, it hovers between 3bars and 4bars. it get's quite annoying. that paired with spammers is not a good mix.

i will attest, however, to the sheer fun of player matches. not a lot of spammers since there's no incentive to win. just all around fun. especially if both of you have a headset and no one is under 13 xD

yesterday i played with another asta player and his fighting style with asta is different from mine; it was quite interesting. in the end, we learned some new moves, new tactics, etc. generally while beating the hell out of each other xD

though i really should play ranked to get that achievement, i would abandon ranked as soon as i get to 20 and go back to player matches.

on that note, i say: DOWN WITH ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS! (some ppl don't have live and can't get them. IMHO, CoD4 did it perfectly ;) )

KDZaster
DC_lawless
beefylovelord
gin1988
bello11
typoonthareapa

I'm a poor sport, I hate everyone, no matches are good ever!

I'm trying to stop getting bad online habits and change myself up to a more open and standard spacing game... rather then laughing hysterically while I 1(A)B people into CF hell because they can't react GI or block D:

Back