SCIV Speech Files

These are really awesome. Thanks muchly for them. I...may be interested in using a couple voices for some FPS skins. Would you like credit for it? And if so, any preference as to how?

Also, if I may sound nosy, though, is there a chance that we can get the in-battle grunts and groans voices as well, or the K.O.s?
Or are you interested in just the speech?

Nah, no need to give me credit.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, I tried to extract the speech files for the inbattle voices but they're in another format.

I'm not sure. It's some kind of container format (looks non-compressed). I see mentions of XMA within the file, so that could be the sound format used.

A little status update...

I've managed to sort of extract sounds from Soul Calibur 2. Here's what I got so far: http://www.tzarsectus.com/temp/sound.rar

The good news is that I'm getting absolutely everything from SC2, even random sound effects. The bad news is... well, there's a lot of bad news:
-I'm getting no filenames so it's a nightmare to sort.
-The sound quality is bad (which I assume is unavoidable)
-The process is slow (specifically, the olk extractor I'm using is a hassle to use)
-Some of the wav files are too fast (some characters sound like chipmunks)

If anyone has any ideas how to simplify the process (I can also extract from xbox version, but then I'll need a quick way to convert from xbox adpcm to a PC wav codec, ideally a command line utilty). For instance, an olk extractor which lists what files are sound files and can extract multiple files at once.

I've barely looked into SC3. I think I can get sound effects the same way, but I haven't tried yet (since it's a nightmare to browse through the root.olk). There's a nice big target called voice.afs but for some reason I haven't found any compatible utility to extract it. I assume that file contains most of the speech for cutscenes and pre/post battles. Since it's an afs file that might been the files inside it are adx, which would mean MUCH better quality than speech files in SC2.

And finally, I looked a bit more into SC4's midbattle speech. They're encrypted with an utility available from a microsoft SDK, which means they're also easy to decrypt. After decrypting you get a container format which looks VERY similar to the MMX files in Soul Calibur 2 on the xbox. But unfortunately the mmx extract utilities for SC2 aren't compatible, so I'm stuck at that point.

I will be able to extract soul calibur stuff for anyone ^_^ I just recently made this avatar from extracting the images from the SC2 Root OLK :) btw Sectus you need other tools to make the voices sound normal I'l upload a youtube video of all characters voices in SC2 and 3. It sounds like a big task but Iv got nothing better to do LOL

Anyway I was looking around inside the SC2 Root.OLK and I found this image, I wonder who is in it and what it's about? To me I think it looks like Sophitia's children but I could be wrong.
3-54copy.jpg

There is alot more stuff in SC2 that is unused such as:

Are these bars used in the Arcade version? again mabe this was a bar to upgrade your weapon, basically they first planned for weapons to gain experience and it leveled up your attack, defence and also length. Mabe they scrapped this idea and just put multiple weapons in Weapon master with different abilities like in the final version?
3-208-44.jpg

3-208-42.jpg
The original Icons for the Hellfire Stage in Weapon Master?
3-208-24.jpg

3-208-6.jpg

A chess peice of a knight? Also unsed/unused in Weapon Master
3-208-4.jpg

They were planning to put treasure chests within dungeons?
3-208-3.jpg

They also were going to put multiple floors within dungeons? They probably decided to cann the idea because some of the dungeons were pretty long, but who knows :S
3-208-2.jpg

Again another set of stairs, this one looks different though, mabe they were going to add a 3rd floor in the dungeon!? >_< wow it would have been very big LOL

I will be able to extract soul calibur stuff for anyone ^_^ I just recently made this avatar from extracting the images from the SC2 Root OLK :) btw Sectus you need other tools to make the voices sound normal I'l upload a youtube video of all characters voices in SC2 and 3. It sounds like a big task but Iv got nothing better to do LOL
If you don't mind, you could give the info about whichever tools you used. I'd like to get the voices in the highest quality possible, and youtube isn't exactly ideal for that.

Did you also extract voices.afs from SC3 by the way?

Anyway I was looking around inside the SC2 Root.OLK and I found this image, I wonder who is in it and what it's about? To me I think it looks like Sophitia's children but I could be wrong.
3-54copy.jpg

That's an image from the manga/anime Hanbei Renmei, why it would be in there is beyond me.

Hullo.

I've noticed that you've done a spectacular job with the ripping of the Soul Calibur 4 dialogues, and I don't want to be a nag or anything but...

Is there a possibility for the characters' combat lines? Like, per say, someone getting hit and grunting or screaming in pain and such? Because that would definitely be very useful in some cases.

Back