SCV Character Creation Discussion

Really appreciate all the updates you're giving us. But I have 3 questions if I may?
I think I remember you saying that once you are Player level 52, you stop getting clothing equipment but keep getting stickers, patterns, & backgrounds for the photos. Do you still get to unlock more specialized equipment? And my last two are with the stickers, do you unlock a sticker that has a lace up design? You know, the kind you'd see on a corset or lace-up boots? And also, are you able to unlock a carrying pouch bag? (Zwei has one on his thigh in his 1P outfit for example).

Yeah my findings are about the same as a previous post. I haven't really gotten anything noticeable past 52. There are some male hairstyles i unlocked somewhere a long the line but most look like crap anyway. It honestly looks like were in the deep end where items are concerned until DLC launches. I heard there were supposed to be DLC options out by the 4th but I havn't logged on today to check anything.

No pouch and as for the lace up design there is a tribal design that could be made to look passable for it but it'd take a bit of creativity. Again though not sure when i unlocked it.

The first batch of DLC for CAS has more or less good items. You have a few over-the-top facepaints, a newspaper pattern (what the brown?), dragonfly and butterfly wings, I think two undies (including a bikini top and revealing bottom). I might have missed a few.

Yes, at anytime in CAS, whether in "view mode" or in the editing menu, you can press the PS button and scroll to the "photos" column. Search for "Save Screenshot [SOULCALIBUR V]" and follow the prompt. There you go! It will be saved in your HDD in 1280x720, .PNG, and you can use it as wallpaper, or even transfer it to your computer if you have an USB key.
sounds cool, tnx.

I'll try searching for a replay with this character, but one question though: you're sure it's not well-placed stickers? I think I remember seeing someone with this blood pattern that you're talking about but I never gave it some thoughts.

I will check again, but I could not find any blood splattered sticker or pattern last night to select. Do the stickers count towards your the 100% of our item count? Maybe it is something I have not unlocked?

To those who have unlocked everything/most, do you guys see the frame that all the legit characters use? Silver, rounded at the top edges, etc? It's such a small detail, but I try to make my CaSs look as legit as possible, and that's the one thing I'm missing :(

Much appreciated. When I saw some of the Tiger Lily items unlocked, I was hoping this will be part of it. Are the Tiger Lily Pauldrons also unlocked? (not Tiger Pauldrons; it's different). Thanks in advance!

Tiger Lily Breastplate, Kabuto, and shoulder armor(forget the name) unlocked at level 53 IIRC.

To those who have unlocked everything/most, do you guys see the frame that all the legit characters use? Silver, rounded at the top edges, etc? It's such a small detail, but I try to make my CaSs look as legit as possible, and that's the one thing I'm missing :(
That was actually the first thing I was looking for when taking the thumbnail picture. They also don't have the "textured background" that the main cast has in their cards. I have the feeling it isn't unlockable...

The first batch of DLC for CAS has more or less good items. You have a few over-the-top facepaints, a newspaper pattern (what the brown?), dragonfly and butterfly wings, I think two undies (including a bikini top and revealing bottom). I might have missed a few.

I was disappointed to find out I bought virtual bikinis for the 0 female characters I know how to play. =(

What the fuck at omega Pyrrah.... she's missing her nightmare arm if you try to freely customize her. Such a let down, you're basically editing Pryah but with face paint.

It'd be nice if MOST of the patterns didn't suck arse. Then again, I'm only level 30 and they keep unlocking up to 99, right? .-. But seriously, I've only found a use for like 3 stickers and 2 patterns. Stickers being that patch thing, the mana tree and uhm..... Ok, yea, 2 stickers then (scars aren't beautiful). The patterns were snakeskin and something with a lot of wispy marks. .-.
Too many Flowers and stars, not enough dragons and cool stuff.

images
images
images

What the fuck at omega Pyrrah.... she's missing her nightmare arm if you try to freely customize her. Such a let down, you're basically editing Pryah but with face paint.

They STILL dont even let you use manifested items... Pyrrha and Nightmare have arms, A girl in SC legends has a leg so what's the excuse?

I hit level 99 tonight, and did not notice any lace stickers. :( Also, I have not seen any specialized equipment since the mid 50's. I also could not find a pouch bag. I'm very sorry for the bad news. It says that I have 100% of the items, but you never know. Like I was saying in the post above, there are some people playing with blood stickers that I have never seen, so here is to hope! :)
Aw that stinks... Well thanks anyway! ^_^ I hope they offer that for DLC... <: )

Yeah my findings are about the same as a previous post. I haven't really gotten anything noticeable past 52. There are some male hairstyles i unlocked somewhere a long the line but most look like crap anyway. It honestly looks like were in the deep end where items are concerned until DLC launches. I heard there were supposed to be DLC options out by the 4th but I havn't logged on today to check anything.

No pouch and as for the lace up design there is a tribal design that could be made to look passable for it but it'd take a bit of creativity. Again though not sure when i unlocked it.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. :) I think I know about the tribal one you are talking about and I tried messing with it to make a lace up design but it just doesn't look right so yeah...

Anyway, thanks again!

This is kinda offtopic, but I watched some CaS videos for SC:BD. That game has boatloads of good equipment. We have a really good editor now, but if only we had all those items to utilize... I guess that's the trade off with better graphics. Everything just takes longer to render so we don't get as much stuff. I do love the new editor though. It allows you to be clever with patterns and stickers.

For dlc I would like to see a pack of CaS parts with tons of items, not just a few. New practical stickers would be nice too. I like some of the traditional tattoos, but I'm talking about things like the zipper sticker. More of those please.

Tiger Lily Breastplate, Kabuto, and shoulder armor(forget the name) unlocked at level 53 IIRC.
The Tiger Lily items unlock at the following levels:
Tiger Lily Kabuto - 50
Tiger Lily Stockings - 42
Tiger Lily Breastplates - 52
Tiger Lily Fauld - 42
Tiger Lily Pauldrons - 52
Tiger Lily Greaves - 42
Tiger Lily Gauntlets - start unlocked?

A few tips/heads up about CAS for those who didn't notice/don't know/don't know how to deal with it yet.

- When putting the last layer of upper garment (armor section), if you have put a mid-layer, it will look a lot bigger/floaty than usual (ridiculously so). This happens to most of the equipment in this section except for a few such as fur and leather coats. In other words, if you don't want that to happen, you'll have to only use the undergarment layer with the armor layer (such armor as Magus and Ashigaru plate, the small one, still looks good after being "buffed").

- The way stickers work on some parts if not all parts of the body is strange. If sometimes when you select a sticker and you see that, even if you put the size to maximum, it looks ridiculously low res. and small (usually happens in "place by axis"), go up to "change sticker", choose a random one and go back to the one you wanted to use. It should fix it to a good size. From there on, FINISH the sticker placement before backing out. If you go out and then go back to the sticker to tweak it, it will reset back to its small/low res format for some reason.

Hope this helps a bit.

Has anyone ever notice that if you use one of the original Soul Calibur characters in creation, they get excluded from using the last two poses? (on both genders). I wanted to try displaying Raph with pose 7, but couldn't get it. It's weird for them to lock that out, because it suits him so well lol

- When putting the last layer of upper garment (armor section), if you have put a mid-layer, it will look a lot bigger/floaty than usual (ridiculously so). This happens to most of the equipment in this section except for a few such as fur and leather coats. In other words, if you don't want that to happen, you'll have to only use the undergarment layer with the armor layer (such armor as Magus and Ashigaru plate, the small one, still looks good after being "buffed")
I've noticed that some of the belts and hip protectors seem to be horribly over-sized on the females. There is a huge gap between the these equipment pieces and the waist-line of the character. Is there any way to make those armors shrink down to fit properly?

Also, is there a way export pictures of the characters on the XBox360?

Has anyone ever notice that if you use one of the original Soul Calibur characters in creation, they get excluded from using the last two poses? (on both genders). I wanted to try displaying Raph with pose 7, but couldn't get it. It's weird for them to lock that out, because it suits him so well lol
If you choose Kilik or Edgemaster, you get none of their poses.

1: Is there any way to make those armors shrink down to fit properly?

2: Also, is there a way export pictures of the characters on the XBox360?
1: Unfortunately no. I've noticed that too, which really disappoints me since in BD, you could adjust some equipments (such as hats and gloves) the same way you do with accessories in this one.
2: So far none that I know. Sorry.

Maybe this is a bit early, but have you guys considered how they might improve CaS further for the next installment? And I mean feature-wise, not just "New/More equipment"

I was thinking that they should turn Patterns into Texture, Pattern, and Material.

Material would be what the object is made out of, like leather, steel, etc. I think this would be useful because many of the set materials for equipment have really unpleasant or unfitting shining properties. It makes it harder to mix & match armor when one of the pieces is twice as shiny as the first.

Pattern would be like what we have now, nix the 3d lighting effects that you see on the scaled pattern and the like.

Texture would allow you to change the bump-map of the object, which is how light affects it to make it look 3d. You could have a scale bump-map with a checkerboard pattern, for example.

Also, they've REALLY got to lay off the forced conflicting gear thing. It's really annoying this time around. I personally think they should just drop it entirely and instead allow for adjustments (like with bonus items) on other pieces of equipment.
And why do some pieces (Horus Vizard for example) that didn't conflict with other items (face gear) in SCIV, now conflict with said items? Sheehoosle.

As for equipment breaks, just allow us to toggle which pieces break off already. From the looks of it that's how the system could easily work.

Oh, and for the love of Algol, make a goddamn category for facial hair already. Jeeesus.

Not the best work but doing what I can with level 35 parts. I want more bump maps... I use the pocket and swatch too much. x3 Not much in the way of item-parts I like either... was able to make a huge amount of characters in SC4 without re-using many parts between then... Hope it's alright to post here. Didn't wanna create my own thread. Aaaanyway. x3
Deis.png

Deis. A new character.
Shiaia.png

Shiaia. A recurring character of mine since SC3. She/He o3o. No more Zasalamel style. ;~;
Sydney.png

Sydney. Another recurring character. o3o Harem-boy turned heir turned king.
Jacob.png

Jacob. Yep a recurrence. o3o Hate that fauld but whatever. Sydney's Man. Gladiator-Body Guard-Warrior King. Bullllge. x3
Maleteu.png

Maleteu. New lil' satyr-like sex dungeon escapee. o3o
Moinadh.png

Moinadh. Crazy-ass newcomer.
Joseph.png

Joseph. Jacob's brother. Former gladiator, now head guard. o3o

Back