SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Yeah, 9B tends to whiff, especially when 1K/22K is used near wall or ring edge. Also it seems 214B can also be escaped in a similar situation.

Still, 22K RCC bK is close to 50dmg, much like SC4's damage. Sometimes it can be worth it.

Happy New Year everyone!

And a Happy New Year to you Ring!

Also, I use CH 66K ~ 214B. It seems to work, I haven't met anyone who can dodge it. Is it a tech trap?

Well if u time it right from what i have tested it cant be but you have to use g8b and a slight delay.

I guess i should have said it differently. I have tested it a bit and it wanted to get other ppls opinion on it. If you use g8b it does about 58 damage and if you use g9b it does 60-62. I figured it was a good tech trap especially when guts kicks in, though the timing takes a little getting used to compared to the ease of 22b 2k. The damage however seems worth few minutes of practice.

Yeah, 9B tends to whiff, especially when 1K/22K is used near wall or ring edge. Also it seems 214B can also be escaped in a similar situation.

Still, 22K RCC bK is close to 50dmg, much like SC4's damage. Sometimes it can be worth it.

Happy New Year everyone!
Thanks for that input. I was more or less wondering what to punish Natsu's PO B+K, Leixia's Guei and similar moves with because I kept drawing a blank when low blocking those with Ivy.

Before I forget, can someone test this:

WR A+B string, all 3 hits combo-ing on Asta on NH. If that doesn't work, try it when Asta is crouching on NH. I swear I saw this work.

Before I forget, can someone test this:

WR A+B string, all 3 hits combo-ing on Asta on NH. If that doesn't work, try it when Asta is crouching on NH. I swear I saw this work.
Just tested, Astaroth can block the second and third hits whether he's hit by the first while standing or crouching. Like Xeph said, the guy must have not been blocking.

Just tested, Astaroth can block the second and third hits whether he's hit by the first while standing or crouching. Like Xeph said, the guy must have not been blocking.
Can't blame Kinetic for thinking that. I saw the dude eat WR A+B on NH like 8x's.

Thanks for that input. I was more or less wondering what to punish Natsu's PO B+K, Leixia's Guei and similar moves with because I kept drawing a blank when low blocking those with Ivy.

PO B+K = WS B+K is the best damage.
Guei = bK works (even on hit), but it can be hard to do the crouch cancel on block.

7_8_9B is a generally foolproof answer for those types of moves as well. You may have to jump a specific direction based on the move, though.

I didn't see that, who was it? I find it odd he wouldn't react and block.

It was in casuals. Not sure what his handle is. But yeah, he would just let go of block and I would always 9B after so the combo counter always showed "3 hits." That's what threw me off. Could you imagine how much that MU would change if it worked on NH?

I use Ivy and am reasonable with her, however, I rarely use FC1B as I struggle to get either the 1B~BE combos or 6B8 consistently after a successful FC1B. I would very much welcome advice, if there is a specific way to turn around immediately after landing the FC1B. Also, I was watching some game-play of LinkRKC vs Ramon. In the fight LinkRKC pulls off a FC1B ~turn around B ~ 6B8 on Ramon's Pyrhha. Is this guaranteed, character specific or based on an opponents air control?? - many thx

I use Ivy and am reasonable with her, however, I rarely use FC1B as I struggle to get either the 1B~BE combos or 6B8 consistently after a successful FC1B. I would very much welcome advice, if there is a specific way to turn around immediately after landing the FC1B. Also, I was watching some game-play of LinkRKC vs Ramon. In the fight LinkRKC pulls off a FC1B ~turn around B ~ 6B8 on Ramon's Pyrhha. Is this guaranteed, character specific or based on an opponents air control?? - many thx

Is that avatar even allowed

FC 1B~Bt B ~6b8 used to be guaranteed on every character pre-patch but now it isn't a combo anymore.
Pressing G and wait until Ivy turns around. Do that a couple of times in Training until you see the timing.
FC1B ~ 1B BE is a lot harder than FC1B ~ 4b8.

Back