SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Ok, I can't believe I'm saying this due to how easy it was to beat this guy I'm SCIV, but I need help with match up of astaroth -_-.
I keep getting caught up in his grabs

True, you might be able to pull it off like once or twice in a match. IF youre going against someone really good, they read that you like 1k/88k for step and will react to it

True, you might be able to pull it off like once or twice in a match. IF youre going against someone really good, they read that you like 1k/88k for step and will react to it
Pyrrha 22K is duckable on reaction, but that doesn't make it a bad move. Don't get hung up thinking in absolutes. A complete scrub can end up walking all over you if you afford them too much respect. If you can blow someone up with brainless step-TC use at disadvantage, there's no reason to assume they'll adapt to it until they actually do. Ivy can get a lot of mileage with gimmicks and braindead play, so you shouldn't gimp yourself by assuming everyone knows how to force you to play solidly.

Keep in mind that this is for when you are playing to win. It's beneficial to avoid relying on gimmicks and Jeffersons tactics when practicing in order to avoid developing bad habits.

Pyrrha 22K is duckable on reaction, but that doesn't make it a bad move. Don't get hung up thinking in absolutes. A complete scrub can end up walking all over you if you afford them too much respect. If you can blow someone up with brainless step-TC use at disadvantage, there's no reason to assume they'll adapt to it until they actually do. Ivy can get a lot of mileage with gimmicks and braindead play, so you shouldn't gimp yourself by assuming everyone knows how to force you to play solidly.

Keep in mind that this is for when you are playing to win. It's beneficial to avoid relying on gimmicks and Jeffersons tactics when practicing in order to avoid developing bad habits.

Pyrrha's 22k, hmm. GOOD Pyrrha just throw that out, because it is reactable. They usually mix it up like 1k 22k.

Bottom line is, Ivy is simple, ok? The way you use her determines how the match will end PERIOD

The ukemi CE glitch works on wall splats.
the char doesnt need to touch the floor, but if they hold G while on the 2nd wall splat of a combo, CE will catch them.

Sorry if this has already been discovered, but if you block the first hit of Pyrrha's 4AAA then you can jump the low attack and get a free iCS/CS back grab, OR you can do 6B8/6B8 BE whilst she is airborne from the third hit of 4AAA.

I just thought that was pretty cool :)

Been a while since anyone has posted, so here's some random info:

-1K knocks opponents farther away,
Whereas 88K knocks opponents closer and is at least 1 frame safer (both can't be teched)
-44B has strange properties against someone who is rolling. For example (sometimes), after landing 88K and immediately inputting 44B, if someone rolls to the side ONCE and tries to guard, 44B will HIT as if they were standing. You can continue with 44BBB for the full combo.
-After landing 88K, 44B is basically a force block. You are essentially trading 18 damage (30 if you can RCC bK) for 1/7 of the opponent's guard gauge. More damage if they roll
-After landing NH 3B, 44B is basically a force block. You trade about 14 possible damage for 1/7 of the opponent's guard gauge. More damage if they roll
-44B is -6 on guard not -2 as the wiki states, so frame traps are not reliable. However, backdashing is fairly safe because opponents will be in FC.

-4K > W! > 66B BE > W! > 6B+K combos for about 100 damage
-4K > W! > 66B BE > W! > 4B+K is unescapable for about 140 damage, but angle dependent.
-4K > W! > 8A+BB will RO on breakable walls

-44B+KB (correct timing) > ground hit > 6B8 is about 100 damage
-44B+KB (correct timing) > 4B+K is guaranteed if they do not tech for 130-140 damage. You risk 50 damage.
-44B+KB (correct timing) > 3A+B (correct/strict timing) tech traps all directions.
-After the above tech trap, you can use any of the post 44B+KB options.

-3A, 44(A) AT, and 6B+K close AT lead to 50/50s with CE (EDIT: CE seems to whiff against opponents who are turning around so this only works after 3A) and 3B as options. NH 3B > 6B8 is possible because of the different angles, but not guaranteed. Some attacks with both TS and TC may be able to escape the 50/50. Voldo is the only character who has a BT attack with TS and TC.

-WR A+B is CH confirmable (thx Slade)

-88B BE > 2G > WR B+K hits grounded and tech traps (thx Slushie)

-NH 3B > (B) is techable people, stop using it! lol

Last edited:
Back